Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Covid vaccination

Go down 
+3
pup
Bambam
TheQuig
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Covid vaccination - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 4 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 12:19 am

Talking with a co-worker today. He's never been vaccinated and as he puts it "lives at risk" goes to gym every day, social events, not big mask wearer outside work, been exposed to people who had symptoms but he has never been sick. A friend of his, in the military, fully vaccinated and on his 3rd case of covid. Once in europe, twice in the states. The military guy, his wife never came down with it and hasn't been vaccinated.

They are still dealing with cases/contract tracing with no apparent plan at work. No consistency. They give a list of known cases by department. Shows a positive case in our maintenance group......but everyone is accounted for and nobody knows who. Our direct bosses have no clue either.

Edit:
Here's a link to article about covid gene.
Covid Gene
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 4 EmptyJanuary 25th 2022, 10:19 pm

Wife got covid right after Christmas. Still tired a lot and sore throat but getting better. Me and the kid dont seem to have had any major symptoms but I dont see how we couldnt have gotten it from her. I have some coughing up flem late evening and during the night but that could be my usual allergies. Also some trouble breathing so I use my inhaler butt hat could also be allergies so who knows. I feel pretty luckily though.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 12th 2022, 5:40 am

So the late 20s high risk co-worker finally caught covid two weeks ago.
Just came back to work today. Lost 14 lbs, felt crappy for couple days and run down for couple weeks. Interesting thing, his Dr recommends people in his age group DO NOT get vaccinated.

Dr stated a member of his practice had recently received the vaccine and came down with Myocarditis (fluid around the heart) within 24 hrs.

Again my company just goes through the motions acting like they care about contact tracing.
This co-worker was out for 3 days before any of us heard about him being covid positive. He was feeling symptoms towards the end of his last shift and got tested the next day. I was working in close proximity on a project with him that night. Per the CDC guidelines I was exposed to a covid positive person. My foreman wasn't concerned nor was medical staff I talked to. Did get a instant test, (first one ever and negative), after pressuring them but company policy was supposed to be quarantined per state/county guidelines. Being I was exposed at work by a member of management seems to have a different procedure to follow. Another tradesman was exposed by his apprentice and company sent him out for 7 day quarantine.

So far per the CDC I've been exposed multiple times at work and seen zero contact tracing. Even after pointing out I worked around these people. Oh well, back to mandatory 6 day work weeks I guess.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 12th 2022, 3:17 pm

The schools that I work in don't even pretend to do contact tracing. When someone gets covid, the school will say we follow the distance rules so therefor no on could have gotten it in school. Such bull crap. You could literally see when a student had it and then a day or two later the kids he/she was hanging out with now have it.

We are seeing the last surge wind down, and within a month masks will not be required by our State. Districts can still make you wear the masks.

In the beginning we had to wipe down desks after each class, no longer the case. Now we don't even see the push to wash your hands after touching something. The CDC just doesn't know what is right or wrong anymore and are conflicting in how it is transmitted.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 14th 2022, 12:10 am

I think early on it was throwing all caution at how it was transmitted.
Later on they realized transfer by surface contact was basically a non-issue.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 19th 2022, 10:20 pm

We'll see if the new BA.2 subvariant to omicron becomes an issue. Labs are saying it's more contagious, has more severe symptoms, and PCR tests aren't effective. I think they said booster shots were only 75% effective. Apparently it's a different strain, is both in the US and abroad, and might require a new greek letter designation. I think we've seen this movie a few times before.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 20th 2022, 5:42 pm

And each sequel sucks more than the last yet we keep being forced to watch.

Diseasel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Covid vaccination
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4