Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Covid vaccination

Go down 
+3
pup
Bambam
TheQuig
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Covid vaccination - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 7th 2021, 1:56 pm

When there are positive cases in my daughters school, they ask the students to wait 5 days until being tested. The last time there was a case, my daughter had to be tested 3 times before she could go back to class.
I haven't eaten indoors (not including home) since March 2020.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 9th 2021, 4:08 pm

Got the first dose this morning. Fairly smooth operation.

Wife is scheduled for a Covid Test on Thursday. She has to test negative before going back to work. No symptoms (yet).
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 9th 2021, 9:35 pm

I'm supposed to get my second shot this Sunday. We are also supposed to get snow Saturday into Sunday. In the last two snow storms they closed the mega centers that do the shots. I'm hoping for no snow, fingers crossed.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 10th 2021, 10:31 am

Cold and nasty here thru next week. Freezing rain now, snow over the weekend into early next week.

Its our annual 10 days of winter.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 10th 2021, 3:41 pm

North and West of me have been getting a lot of snow. So far this season we have gotten maybe 3". Being so close to the ocean makes us a few degrees warmer so most times we get rain when the rest of the state gets snow. I'm guessing they will cancel school again tomorrow because of the snow/ice. It has been a somewhat mild winter, but this week and next week will be the typical 20's during the day and teens at night.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 10th 2021, 4:11 pm

Supposed to be a low of 5 and a high of 18 on Monday...been a while since we've seen it that cold around here.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 10th 2021, 4:28 pm

My daughter at college in Georgia called yesterday. It was 65. I could use a mild day for a change.

Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 12th 2021, 10:33 am

From what I've read, this isn't a true vaccine. It does not have dead covid in it, so your body will not formulate a attack plan. SO, you can still get it, still spread it and still have to mask up. It IS supposed to lessen symptons if you get it.. FWIW

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 12th 2021, 1:28 pm

Supposedly, teaches your body to recognize the spike proteins the virus uses to infect cells, and it develops antibodies to that.

Gonna be more and more vaccines using this same tech coming.

Bambam likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 14th 2021, 2:17 pm

Drove 160 mile round trip to get my second covid shot this morning. Wet roads and a 28F temp kept my driving at 70mph. Long trip but worth it to me to have a peace of mind. Sitting in school with kids coughing or removing their masks makes it a stressful day. Even the seniors have to be told to cover up. This, IMO is why covid keeps spreading. If you don't tell them, they will slip the masks down. They know better but since the covid is not as severe for them they really don't care about spreading it. Our cases in school keep going up but the administration will not close. Political bull crap!

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 1st 2021, 11:17 am

Getting my second does this morning. Same place and right on schedule.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 1st 2021, 1:12 pm

Good.
I am at 2 weeks post 2nd shot. Arm was a little sore after 2nd shot.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2021, 5:29 pm

Gov. Abbott just ended the statewide mask order and Texas is opening back up 100% by next Wednesday. Glad I got my shots when I did.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2021, 7:25 pm

I was disappointed when I heard Texas is going back to 100%. The virus is still here, a year work of being careful is for nothing. I can see slowly opening things up and see how it goes, then proceed. I hate wearing the mask all day but still know that it is best for the population in general to see it through for a while longer.
Also glad you were able to get your shots.

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2021, 9:27 pm

The state health dept opened another vaccination group today and I got lucky with a last minute vaccination slot. I quickly realized it was about 35 miles away and I had 45mins to get there. The good news is I received my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Looks like I need to get the 2nd dose in about 3 weeks time.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 3rd 2021, 2:33 am

Appears our company is going to offer the Moderna vaccine to its employees.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 3rd 2021, 11:17 am

It's nice to see that more vaccines are becoming available. My sister who is 75 is having a hard time getting an appointment. She lives in a more populated area of the state close to NYC.

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 3rd 2021, 2:32 pm

Absolutely! Fortunately the J&J vaccine opened up a bunch more doses so AZ was able to open up another group and made available 50k more doses yesterday at noon but within 2 hours they were all spoken for.

There's still lots of demand and the government contracted web software is clunky at best. Pretty quickly I was able to get a J&J appt but I kept trying for the longshot Pfizer and just got lucky. Not bad for 20 mins of key pounding. Timing is important. The local news had stories of locals trying over and over and had to give up after an hour or two of effort.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 3rd 2021, 2:34 pm

I won't change what I've been doing the past year. Won't be going to any resturant or bars. Still do my grocery shopping early Sunday morning. I'll still mask up while I'm in there.

We don't go shopping anywhere when its crowded anyway. That won't change either.

They have over 2.5million confirmed cases since it began here in TX, health "experts", whatever the hell that really is, estimates the number is likely 4 to 5 times higher than that. Between that, and the number of vaccinated so far, its over 1/2 of the TX population. And we are vaccinating 1 million more each week. It all points to the worst being behind us. We will soon find out.

But Biden kicked open the borders, so that won't help. Even if they test positive coming in, no one can hold them, so they just cut them loose to disperse across the country. Its like they don't want it to end.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/108-migrants-released-border-patrol-texas-positive-coronavirus
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 3rd 2021, 2:36 pm

2nd round of the Pfizer kicked me in the ass a bit yesterday. Sore all over, especially the arm that got the shot, every joint hurt, headache all day that nothing would touch, tired all day. Went to bed early, woke up 90% better. Mostly all symptoms gone now.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 3rd 2021, 2:57 pm

Most people I know that had the second shot felt really bad the next day. I pretty much slept all day after I got the second shot. I felt bad, but not terrible. My arm was sore for over a week after the shot.

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 3rd 2021, 3:09 pm

I woke up this morning (day after 1st dose) with slight injection site discomfort, a mild headache and slight nausea. The latter didn't last long and didn't affect my appetite. I expect the second dose to pack a wallop for me. I plan to make sure it's at least 3 weeks between doses.

My wife on the other hand had both Pfizer doses with only short term injection site discomfort.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 17th 2021, 11:25 pm

My wife is due her second shot tomorrow. I'm going out of town this weekend to move more of my sister stuff from the Austin area to the Waco area. I'm hoping her symptoms are mild and short lived.

So far I stay away from pretty much everyone so Im holding off on the shot to let others get it. But it seems we have plenty in Lubbock so I will get mine soon.

I already see a lot of people not wearing masks but we all still wear ours.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 25th 2021, 2:52 am

I got lucky with no 2nd dose side effects.

AZ opened up appts for anyone over 16yo today so it will likely be a frustrating cattle call for a few months. The online system is setup for individual appts so it's all but impossible to arrange for an entire family to hop in the car and get vaccinated.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 25th 2021, 10:22 am

Texas is opening vaccinations to everyone starting 3/29.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptyMarch 25th 2021, 7:07 pm

It's a race now with each state wanting as many doses they can get.

I hope kids get approved before too long. Worst case before the end of summer break.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptySeptember 24th 2021, 2:03 pm

I'm going for my Covid booster shot this Saturday. I normally wait to get the 3rd shot but I'm seeing students in my school testing positive. Once the heat goes on and the windows stay shut I believe the virus will spread faster.

pup likes this post

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptySeptember 24th 2021, 2:51 pm

Texas cases peaked about 10 days ago, falling fairly quick since then. Coincided with school openings here. Cases basically exploded at that time.

Friends daughter died from it yesterday. Rabid antivaxxer. Last few days before she was put on a ventilator were full of regrets not getting the vaccine. Lasted about a month on it, declined rapidly the past few days and passed last night.

Its nothing to be playing with, for sure. I'll be lining up my booster in the next week or so too.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptySeptember 26th 2021, 2:29 am

Co-worker died from covid few weeks ago. First person I directly know who died from it. He was unvaccinated. However it's because he couldn't get vaccinated because of heavy immunosuppressants he was forced to be on because his body was attacking his organs. I did not work in near him when he contacted it.

More recently a co-worker in my team tested positive and was told he had it for at least 4 days before testing. Both shifts and most maintenance people in my area were exposed to him per the CDC guidelines. However there was no real contact tracing done at all. Wife had a case of vertigo and it was mentioned to both the RN and DR that I was exposed and NOBODY was interested. Mentioned I experienced several of the symptoms and was even told they could tell by looking at me I didn't have covid, even if asymptomatic.

Highly probable that the majority of the people exposed were not vaccinated.
2+ weeks later and nobody else has came down with it.

I recently read where they claim a high number of hospital cases were mild or asymptomatic.
Why are asymptomatic or even mild cases hospitalized?

Couple months back was at a different urgent care and lady came in wanting to get her family tested since someone was exposed and they told her not to bother unless they showed symptoms.

We've lost more family members in the last 2 yrs from cancers and accidents than covid.

Couple RN friends of mine in Michigan require blood tests. They found they had antibodies but never knew they were positive for covid.

Yes the virus is real but even the medical community doesn't give a consistent response.
However, will the coming global economic issues (collapse?) be worth the response for a low level "pandemic"?

Since the covid began it's estimated 4.5M people globally died from covid. That doesn't even offset the 3.7M annual births from the USA alone, globally it's estimated 140M annual births. This isn't even a rounding error in a global population approaching 8 BILLION. There are articles about depopulation being a concern. When? Global population has quadrupled in the last 100 yrs. At this rate what do you think the strain on food/water will be in another 100 yrs if earth is at 16 billion people?

For the record, I'm not a anti-vaxxer. I fully support mandating MMR/Polio/etc vaccines. Our kids and us received all them. When our company offered the Moderna they needed to know how many doses to get. I notified my supervisor both times I was interested and was never put on the list and then the company complained about low interest. Covid vaccination - Page 2 4096055180

Sorry, off the soapbox. Covid vaccination - Page 2 2671936933
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 EmptySeptember 26th 2021, 10:50 am

My son that lives with us won't get the vaccine. Almost everyday I ask him to get it, even willing to take him to a vaccination site on his day off. As much as I worry that he will get it, I worry more about the small classrooms I sit in where I have 25 students each class. Getting high school kids to wear their masks properly is getting old.

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Covid vaccination
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next