Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Covid vaccination

Go down 
+3
pup
Bambam
TheQuig
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Covid vaccination - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptySeptember 29th 2021, 2:31 am

Everything has gotten so politicized you don't know who believe any more. They criticize those for not following the data/science and then they do the same thing. We need term limits.

Coincidentally, my wife and I got the booster tonight. Made the appt this morning and had shot in arm by late afternoon. Only 1 person was waiting ahead of me in line.

There's some colds going around these days. My son picked something up late last week. He's fully vaccinated and tested negative.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptySeptember 29th 2021, 1:08 pm

Getting my booster today at 2pm, then at 5pm, attending a funeral for a 38yr old mother who left 3 kids behind because she didn't believe covid or the vaccine were real.

People will pay hundreds of dollars for a blue pill from Pfizer to make their or their husband's dick hard, but won't take a vaccine from Pfizer that could save their lives.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptySeptember 29th 2021, 1:39 pm

I got my booster on Saturday. Felt good on Sunday, but on Monday I felt like crap for a few hours. I didn't have to work so I slept it off.

I just don't understand why people will not get the shot. Even though I know it doesn't help, I ask my son everyday to get vaccinated. I wish his job would require that he get it.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptySeptember 29th 2021, 5:14 pm

Got the booster...only one there getting one.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptySeptember 30th 2021, 9:38 am

I had to submit my Covid vaccination card to work yesterday or be tested twice a week. One difficult part of this is the students do not need to be vaccinated, and I spend way too much time telling students to wear their mask correctly. Small classroom, 25 students. It is only a matter of time until we have cases.
A town near us that sends us students has over 900 students and staff on quarantine. Our kids ride the bus with students from that district.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptySeptember 30th 2021, 12:51 pm

Went to the funeral yesterday for my friends daughter.
Today, the husband of another one of her daughters died of covid.
She lost a daughter and a son-in-law in 1 week.
3 kids no longer have a mother.
3 more no longer have a father.

Pretty sad seeing the kids at the funeral yesterday interacting with each other trying to grasp whats going on. All tweeners or younger. Gonna be hard for them for the next several years.

The son-in-law got it from his kids, who got it from school. He didn't believe covid was real, and thought the vaccine was a hoax too.

Amazing what a dumbass political ideology will drive otherwise adult human beings to.

Breathing Borla likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyOctober 4th 2021, 9:16 am

I'm in this week for a teacher that tested positive for Covid. I'm hoping the Custodians cleaned this classroom well. Small room, 25 students in each class. At least the students are pretty good keeping their masks on.

I wish the school district would give me information on where she contacted Covid.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyOctober 5th 2021, 12:06 am

Cleaning is a joke around here.

We had another older (mid 60s) person show up visibly sick and couldn't hardly walk to their work area. Ambulance called, took 3 bottles of O2 but refused further treatment. Management sent them out but wouldn't let them drive home. Person was picked up, we know for a fact since their motorcycle is still here over a week later. Yes, they rode a motorcycle 1 hr to work in a weakened state. Person was admitted to the hospital but no members of management that were in that persons face or hourly or union officials that were definitely exposed were sent home for isolation.

Management was only concerned about disciplinary actions to this person. They were no call/no show for 3 days. Didn't respond to calls/texts from multiple co-workers, let alone bosses. Somebody did a wellness check and they were so out of it didn't know the weekend was over.

Currently we have no updates on the coworker. Someone texted them today, no reply yet.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyNovember 4th 2021, 6:34 pm

Mid 60s co-worker has been back for a little while now.
Was in hospital for 2 weeks, lost some weight and energy. To be expected, he waited too long to get medical treatment.

Latest cases:
Recently, BIL and his wife both tested positive for covid. Both Mid 40s. He had covid earlier in the year and she was fully vaccinated. Both only had bad head cold symptoms for 2 days or so.

How you doing Rich?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyNovember 5th 2021, 10:49 am

So far my family has managed to stay Covid fee. That is pretty amazing considering my wife and I sit in small classrooms with 75 students per day. Our schools are seeing a few cases a week.

I stopped Physical Therapy last week after 5 months. My doctor thought the PT was aggravating the shoulder and recommended I get elastic bands and do exercises from home. My shoulder has about 40% strength but 95% mobility.

Next summer most likely total knee replacement.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyNovember 6th 2021, 12:07 am

TheQuig wrote:

I stopped Physical Therapy last week after 5 months. My doctor thought the PT was aggravating the shoulder and recommended I get elastic bands and do exercises from home. My shoulder has about 40% strength but 95% mobility.

Next summer most likely total knee replacement.

Mobility good, strength not as much but hopefully it's pain free motion now.

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyNovember 6th 2021, 2:54 pm

Speaking of vaccines, I got in on a Pfizer RSV vaccine study. I opted to participate as I probably tend to do poorly with viruses.

RSV is a pneumonia-like virus that tends to target the young, old, or people with chronic disease. It's probably not as virulent as the flu but there's no vaccine for it and it affects hundreds of thousands of Americans each year. It also has a higher annual death rate. For years there's been an expensive RSV IV antibody treatment only given hospitals.

For this study, started Sept 2021 and I think still looking for participants, there is a 50/50 chance of getting the vaccine versus placebo. I experienced distributed skin redness, initial tingling sensations, and next day tiredness I assume is related to the vaccine. Pfizer's previous RSV study phase was successful and was okayed to move to this larger global study. Pfizer pays clinics to search for participants. They pay a small amount for each office visit (~$120) or when you become ill and have to report changes via an app ($5).

Pfizer isn't using mRNA technology. Instead it's an old school attenuated virus vaccine. On the other hand, the FDA recently gave Moderna the go-ahead to do their mRNA RSV vaccine study. So there should be another opportunity to get in on an RSV study.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyNovember 7th 2021, 4:22 pm

Interesting.
I get the flu shot every year and in another year will need the 5 year pneumonia shot. I would do a study like you did if it were a reasonable driving distance from home.

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyDecember 16th 2021, 8:37 pm

Been covid free so far. Some of my famiy wont get the shot because they think the vaccine is BS or laziness and that they dont really interact with many people. So far only my brother and his family got it and came through fine.
But talking to people all over the country as I do for a living, people are getting kinda numb to covid. So many people are just over it and damn the consequences, want to go back to "normal".

Its time for me to get my booster...
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 7th 2022, 12:05 pm

I was hoping to be vaccination 'immune' from covid but suspect that ain't the case. I came down with min to mod symptoms for 3 days or so. Fatigue, dry cough, sore throat. I had to refresh my memory about the goals of the vaccine being reduced risk for death/hospitalization.

So that brings up the question. How soon can I get re-infected from the same covid variant? Unfortunately I think the answer is any time I get exposed to it. The only immune memory my body has is the vaccine's antibodies and those waste away over time or are depleted fighting off a covid infection.

Hopefully the vaccine designers keep improving and testing the recipe are the current concoction seems marginal.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 7th 2022, 12:46 pm

When the vaccines first came out, they were touted as 90+% effective in preventing infection.

Over time, that has morphed into "it keeps you from having a bad case", but only if you are boosted. And now thats subject to change.

The only constant in this pandemic is the constantly moving goalposts.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 7th 2022, 2:40 pm

I don't know why they don't just tell us that they are clueless.
Pup, your right, last month was with the booster the new strain would be mild. Well we know they were wrong. So frustrating.
Yesterday I had a girl in my class (junior) that broke out in the sweats really bad. I told her to go to the nurse as that is the school policy. She argued (lost). 25 students in that class, I bet that half of the room gets sick.

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 7th 2022, 7:01 pm

The case counts are going crazy in AZ. During the previous wave we prob saw about 4000 cases per day but now it's almost 15000 per day and climbing. I'm assuming I picked it up shopping at costco even wearing a mask. I'm shopping for a tighter fitting n95-like mask for my next outing.

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 7th 2022, 7:10 pm

Blowing up here too. Nephew has it, friend has it, one of my work crew has it...others are pending test results.

Fairly mild symptoms in all of them. Fatigue, sore throat, dry cough mostly...be in a world of hurt if this Jomicron variant was as bad as Delta was.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 7th 2022, 10:28 pm

pup wrote:
When the vaccines first came out, they were touted as 90+% effective in preventing infection.

Over time, that has morphed into "it keeps you from having a bad case", but only if you are boosted. And now thats subject to change.

The only constant in this pandemic is the constantly moving goalposts.

Rich said they were clueless but I think he was being way too charitable. I have little faith in the CDC and Fauci in particular but that said I had my booster (all three shots Moderna)  in November. My two SIL's are nurses and have seen the worst of it .... I trust their advice far more than "Mr. Science". The first shot and the booster were no big deal but the second one was pretty rough- aches and pains and feeling extremely tired for a couple of days but I was given a heads up as to possible side effects. Moderna is now talking about  a fourth shot. Maybe there's no goalposts at all.

I won't get the flu vaccine for that reason- side effects. Used to get it every year and felt lousy for days afterwards ... like I had the flu. The last time I had it  I broke out in hives/rash, trouble breathing - wound up on prednisone for 10 days. Never again.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 8th 2022, 12:01 pm

I get the flu shot every year. It seems when I don't get it I get the flu. I feel a little sore after a flu shot but it isn't bad for me.
At school the reporting requirement for Covid has gone away. We don't report cases to the county health department any more.
Now, I'm just waiting for the 2nd booster shot to be announced. After Israel went in that direction, I think the U.S. will also.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 10th 2022, 12:35 pm

At least we arent in Australia, they have lunatics in charge of them down there.

"Work isn't an excuse to leave your house"
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 15th 2022, 2:34 pm

We haven't reached a peak yet, still climbing in AZ with over 25k new daily cases. It's ripping through my son's school. One young man in his classroom described symptoms including loss of smell but his mom said he was ok to go to school if he was still able to play video games.

Per one talking head US doc today, Omicron might be a blessing. He says you are better off to be fully vaccinated and get the milder Omicron infection as your immune system will be more complete and able to respond to the next variant.

It'll be interesting to see how China fairs with their daddy knows best zero tolerance lockdowns.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 15th 2022, 3:46 pm

We are averaging 6 cases a day in the school where I work. Out of 20 teachers, 4 were out last week week with Omicron. It will continue to spread. At least the 9th and 10th graders keep their masks on without having to remind. The Juniors-they suck. All 5 days last week I sent at least one student to the office a day after asking them several times to use the mask correctly.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 17th 2022, 5:19 am

Our company is saying if you test positive but are vaccinated you still work.

There was a news episode where they were interviewing some hospital directors about the covid case counts. They said things need to be changed because the majority of the "covid" patients are there for something else. It's just they have a 100% test policy.
Come in with broken leg, get covid test. If positive, listed as covid patient per CDC guidelines. One hospital had 3 "covid" patients in the maternity ward with no symptoms.

See the article where scientists think they isolated the gene that identifies who get hit the hardest by covid? Gene present in 6-9% of europe population but ~20% for polish people.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 19th 2022, 4:44 pm

I'm in again this week for a teacher that has Covid. He got it from his youngest daughter. His other daughter was in school today and gave me his classroom keys. I really didn't want them. I sat with him at lunch last week, hoping he didn't yet have it.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 19th 2022, 4:55 pm

2 other nephews of mine has kids that brought Covid home from school with them in the past 2 weeks. Everyone seems to be over it now. Ran through them fairly fast.
Everyone we know seems to have gotten it lately.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 19th 2022, 7:23 pm

My worry is my 23 year old that refuses to get the vaccination. If my wife or I contact it, we both have the booster shots. I fear bringing it home to my son.

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 21st 2022, 12:40 am

Lower case counts the last 2 days - we might be on our way to finally getting over this wave.

I couldn't imagine going to work after I got it. For about 2.5 days I was sleeping much of the time. After 3 weeks now my throat is still inflamed with small white areas - fortunately no pain. It looks like a B52 bomb site. I look at it and wonder how I couldn't be contagious and that's fully vaxed and boosted.

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 21st 2022, 9:50 am

I saw that the vaccines do nothing for Omicron. So we dodged a huge bullet that its not as severe as Delta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Covid vaccination
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next