Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Covid vaccination

Go down 
+3
pup
Bambam
TheQuig
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 14th 2021, 2:58 pm

I'm now able to schedule a covid shot. Problem is that the first open date is late February and at least 100 miles from where I live. They have got to roll this out better than this.

Admin
Bambam

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 14th 2021, 3:47 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been one debacle after the next !

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 14th 2021, 5:06 pm

I'm on a waiting list for one...slow roll out everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 14th 2021, 5:17 pm

I'm on the 1B list, but they are doing 75 and over only at the moment.

Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 15th 2021, 6:32 am

Sister in laws got theirs very early on- both are nurses over in the cities and have seen and dealt with the worst of Covid19. I think one of them has gotten the second shot, too .... was half asleep when mrs. r was telling me about it. Haven't looked into a covid shot for myself yet. A little gun shy about it after a bad reaction to a flu shot some years ago- trouble breathing, rash and hives and wound up on prednisone for 10 days .... not much fun.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 15th 2021, 10:03 am

New Jersey just decided to give the vaccination to smokers before teachers and first responders. Estimated 2 million smokers here. Not happy about this. The State wants us to keep the schools open yet getting the teachers vaccinated is not a priority. I'm getting to the point of telling the District not to schedule me for work until I have received both shots.

pup

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 15th 2021, 10:11 am

We have over 1 million people in Collin County...we've received 4000 doses so far.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 15th 2021, 5:45 pm

The sad part of all this is there was more than enough time over the past few months to make up a good distribution plan.

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 15th 2021, 6:14 pm

We all probably saw this one coming. Politicians pointing the fingers and jawboning instead of planning, funding, testing website software, and hiring enough people to administer the shots. They figured Santa Clause could do it all overnight so why not us?

rustbucket likes this post

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 15th 2021, 6:17 pm

My wife gets her second shot tomorrow. Who knows, I might not get a shot before April or May.

Glad to see all the biotech companies coming through with effective vaccines. As they say, it will be famine to feast once all the vaccines are approved and on the market.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 15th 2021, 8:15 pm

Government would rather throw shit at each other than work 1 second for the people these days.

It has failed at every level during this pandemic. Local all the way to the top. And they refuse to learn from their repeated mistakes too.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 15th 2021, 9:32 pm

Diseasel wrote:
We all probably saw this one coming. Politicians pointing the fingers and jawboning instead of planning, funding, testing website software, and hiring enough people to administer the shots. They figured Santa Clause could do it all overnight so why not us?

QFT

'After Unused Vaccines Are Thrown in Trash, Cuomo Loosens Rules'
Now, employees who interact with the public, including pharmacy cashiers, qualify. It was the second time in two days that the state amended its rules.- New York Times
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 17th 2021, 12:26 am

rustbucket wrote:
A little gun shy about it after a bad reaction to a flu shot some years ago- trouble breathing, rash and hives and wound up on prednisone for 10 days .... not much fun.

Recall seeing an article about people who get sever allergic reactions not being recommended.
Something to ask your DR about.

I'm interested in the vaccine but so far down the list I figure it'll have a good track record by then.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 1:07 pm

I just got lucky. The State sent me an email that I can get the first shot. I'm going Sunday morning, about a 50 mile drive. A little bit of a drive but it will give me a piece of mind.

pup

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 22nd 2021, 11:43 am

I'm on a few lists, still waiting.
In-Laws got their first dose yesterday. Well into their 70's, one has COPD, other has heart issues.
Bro and Sis inlaw got theirs this week too.

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 24th 2021, 7:07 pm

I got my first shot today. The place was 83 miles away. An easy drive almost all highway. It was a vaccine Mega Center. Over 100 National Guard helping out, answering questions. I was pretty amazed how quick I was in and out. Probably not more than 15 minutes.
Second shot in 21 days yet I have no appointment and can't find an opening for one yet.
Didn't have a choice on which vaccine to get. They had the Pfizer.

Diesel Dan and pup like this post

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 25th 2021, 2:15 pm

The quick and relatively short vaccination lines are about the only benefit of the limited vaccine supply. Fortunately there should be a big bump in supply when Johnson/Johnson and AstraZeneca's vaccines are approved in the weeks/months to come.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 25th 2021, 2:33 pm

Sounds like covid will be the norm for the future. Pharma companies will be chasing the strains and pumping out billions of vaccine doses with varrying degrees of effectiveness much like the flu. If so, we'll see how this impacts air travel, hotel industries, conventions, retail, sports, healthcare, high rise condos/office buildings, ...

I imagine many healthcare professionals are fed up with being used as pawns during this pandemic. It's not like the front line has the luxury of working from home. There's is the short end of the stick.

And then some of those who were encouraged to work from home, moved out of state with a regional cost of living pay-cut now learn they have to pay taxes from both states.

It's a perfect example of George Carlin's talk on the little guy always getting it in the keister.

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 25th 2021, 2:37 pm

The place where I got my shot at this point is doing 2,000 a day. They hope to jump to 5,000 a day when they get more vaccine.

pup

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 28th 2021, 9:34 am

Any side effects from the first dose?

Still on waiting lists here. Its a slow go.

BabySnakeJake likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 28th 2021, 1:40 pm

No side effect at all. From what I understand, the second dose may cause some people to feel a little sick. The first shot gets your immune system going then it starts to fight the second shot when you get it. I got a text last night notifying me an email will soon arrive about the date and time of my second shot.

BabySnakeJake likes this post

Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 31st 2021, 2:16 am

When the whole covid thing first started my hope was it didn't become our generations version of polio.
Always worrying about if/when you may catch it. With all the variations popping up all across the globe it doesn't look too promising yet.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyJanuary 31st 2021, 10:00 pm

As a child I remember going to a local grade school after church Sunday morning for the polio sugar cube. Our entire neighborhood was there. I redoing this at least twice.
Today I received my date and time for my second Covid shot. 2/14.

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyFebruary 1st 2021, 11:28 pm

It's a bummer J&J's covid vaccine is only 66% effective for 1 shot versus the Moderna and Pfizer's 50% 1st of 2 shot approach. Apparently J&J went with the 1 dose option as the USFDA said early on they'd except a 1 dose option and competitor vaccine effectiveness was unknown. It looks like many will receive the J&J vaccine since they plan to produce at least 100 million in a few months time. Unfortunately J&J's vaccine is less effective with the South African variant.

Hopefully I will know in advance which vaccine to sign up for as I will try to avoid J&J.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyFebruary 2nd 2021, 11:07 am

With the constantly changing virus, these vaccinations will be a yearly thing, just like the flu shots. People shouldn't think this is a one time thing.
It seems the Covid vaccines are far more effective than the flu ones though...

From the CDC--During seasons when the flu vaccine viruses are similar to circulating flu viruses, flu vaccine has been shown to reduce the risk of having to go to the doctor with flu by 40 percent to 60 percent.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyFebruary 3rd 2021, 9:58 pm

I agree. It is a good vaccine but I also think it will be a yearly thing like the flu shot geared to new strains.

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyFebruary 3rd 2021, 11:37 pm

Unfortunately, I'm high maintenance when it comes to viruses. My inflammatory system goes berserk and apparently that leads to the more severe covid systemic response (acute respiratory distress syndrome, organ failure). That's the only reason I'll be cherry picking every covid vaccine.

pup likes this post

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyFebruary 3rd 2021, 11:49 pm

I want the Moderna version. Pfizer is my second choice...but I'd settle for either one right now.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyFebruary 5th 2021, 5:49 pm

Getting the 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Tuesday morning 2/9. They'll schedule the 2nd dose at that time too.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination EmptyFebruary 6th 2021, 2:13 pm

Wife had lunch yesterday with a woman that tested positive for Covid today. Lady went home, became symptomatic, sleepy, lethargic, fever, then lost her taste, etc, had a rapid test today and its positive.

Shitty timing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Covid vaccination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid vaccination   Covid vaccination Empty

Back to top Go down

Covid vaccination
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next