Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today is the Day

Go down 
+5
rustbucket
Yota_fan
TheQuig
Diesel Dan
erude
9 posters
AuthorMessage
erude

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 7th 2013, 7:12 am

To get my truck hooked up with the intake, exhaust and edge programmer. I'll be running mad afterwards till later on tonight so I may just text Rich some pictures to post up for me!
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 7th 2013, 9:53 am

Very nice!
Do you have a G-force monitor or something to have some pre/post performance figures?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 7th 2013, 5:28 pm

Text away, I'll post them.

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 8th 2013, 5:35 pm

How many more squirrels is this going to give you?
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 8th 2013, 7:41 pm

Yota_Fan wrote:
How many more squirrels is this going to give you?
For me, one literally. The Ranger had been running really crappy ..... skipping, no power- I couldn't get it over 65 on the Interstate. I've been seeing this scrawny little red squirrel coming out from under the truck all the time (it stays outside). Pulled the air filter the weekend before last ... that little bastid had filled the airbox almost full with big chunks of cardboard. I "deprogrammed" it ...... runs a lot better. Time for target practice.
Back to top Go down
shatto

shatto

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 8th 2013, 11:11 pm

Little bastard had balls to do that! Wink
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 10:52 am

rustbucket wrote:
skipping, no power- I couldn't get it over 65 on the Interstate.
So it is basically running like new?cheers 
Back to top Go down
erude

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 11:27 am

Welp as my luck would have it they sent the wrong or a defective tuner. But he allotted 3 hours for entire job and he is in 5 and there is nothing done but discovering a bad programmer and some weird stuff on the truck side he repaird. So here en lies another problem. He is sticking to his quote and I have a problem with people working for me for free.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 11:44 am

Bummer, the old tuners were pretty much plug and play. The hardest part was drilling and threading the exhaust manifold for the EGT probe.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 2:38 pm

Most shops won't accept any cash "tip" money.
How about a generous "birthday card" or something else to make it more "right" for you. Little things like pizza or doughnuts do not hurt either. Mgmt usually looks down on beer at the shop however. scratch 
Back to top Go down
erude

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 10th 2013, 1:15 am

Diseasel, It's an edge unit. I believe it is plug and play. I have had two or three random incidents for injector/idm related codes over large bumps at speed when significantly wet out, so I am sure most of the problems found was from that not the unit itself, I do believe the unit was defective from the factory.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 10th 2013, 10:41 am

Ok, gotcha. I thought it was installation time. I bet your right.
Back to top Go down
erude

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 10th 2013, 11:21 am

Diesel Dan wrote:
Most shops won't accept any cash "tip" money.
How about a generous "birthday card" or something else to make it more "right" for you. Little things like pizza or doughnuts do not hurt either. Mgmt usually looks down on beer at the shop however. scratch 

Not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 10th 2013, 12:21 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
... Mgmt usually looks down on beer at the shop however. scratch 
Yea, not sure why, it always boosts morale and production!
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 10th 2013, 3:50 pm

More they drink the higher their spirit gets.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 13th 2013, 11:57 am

Diesel Dan wrote:
rustbucket wrote:
skipping, no power- I couldn't get it over 65 on the Interstate.
So it is basically running like new?cheers 
As the old AAMCO transmission ads used to say, "Much, much better than new"  ...... at 163,000+ miles it's a good match for the driver lol

All in all it's been a great truck- my one beef with it is it's a royal pita to work on. Never thought I see the day you'd have to put a truck on the lift to change a thermostat. Trying to hang on until I can get back east to brother's shop back east to go through it.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 13th 2013, 2:52 pm

rustbucket wrote:
Trying to hang on until I can get back east to brother's shop back east to go through it.
Where is he at?
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day EmptyOctober 13th 2013, 10:03 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
rustbucket wrote:
Trying to hang on until I can get back east to brother's shop back east to go through it.
Where is he at?
Maine. He's been in business 33 years- parts and service.  Couldn't have kept my clunker fleet running without him. I get the feeling he will throw the towel in in the next few years. He sounded pretty fed up the last few times I've talked to him. His property taxes are more than the mortgage payments were plus all the other goobermint BS- he now has to have an annual inspection state inspection on his air compressor among other things. All the consolidations in the auto parts business don't give a small operator many choices, either. He has lots of loyal customers but the current economy doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Today is the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the Day   Today is the Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Today is the Day
Page 1 of 1