Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

18 years ago today

Go down 
+3
pup
TheQuig
Charlie in TX
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

18 years ago today Empty
PostSubject: 18 years ago today   18 years ago today EmptyNovember 14th 2018, 11:24 am

My daughter was born. At the time, the country was locked in a debate about hanging chads and voter fraud in South FL. How times have changed. Now AZ delays the outcome of their election until they know how many dead people need to vote to have a lib win the election.

It can be remarkable how things like this can have a butterfly effect. Case in point. 1948, Lyndon B. Johnson 'lost' the election to become a US Senator from Texas. But wait, 'we' found 5 boxes of uncounted ballets in the basement of an Austin office building and low and behold, they all voted for LBJ. If it wasn't for these 'found' ballets, LBJ wouldn't have been a Senator, Senate Minority leader in '53, Majority leader in '55, Vice President in '60 or President in '63. If he is not President, we wouldn't be dealing with all the problems caused by his 'Great Society' legislation.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

18 years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years ago today   18 years ago today EmptyNovember 14th 2018, 8:49 pm

My daughter turned 18 this past September. Things have certainly changed in the world since she was born. Don't even get me started on elections. I was in Georgia on election day and they still can't decide who won or if there will be a runoff.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

18 years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years ago today   18 years ago today EmptyNovember 15th 2018, 12:46 pm

Democrats refuse to accept the outcome of elections they lose. Gonna be hard for the country to withstand that if it continues.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

18 years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years ago today   18 years ago today EmptyNovember 15th 2018, 5:10 pm

Something had got to change. The country can not last with all the infighting. I'm getting to hate both parties.
Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

18 years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years ago today   18 years ago today EmptyNovember 15th 2018, 7:24 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_13_scandal

Got some of the details wrong. They found 200 ballets, all for LBJ, 6 days after the election. That was enough to give LBJ the win by 87. Conveniently, all ballets were in alphabetical order.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

18 years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years ago today   18 years ago today EmptyNovember 16th 2018, 3:55 pm

Congrats on your daughter's birthday, Charlie. I think she's going to inherit a much tougher world then the one she was born into- the Democrats have gone full Commie.

Off topic: Been gone for a while thanks to medical issues and stuff around the house crapping out including the desktop computer. Had a hard time finding you guys (I'm using a tablet temporarily), a half hour on Bing and nothing. Google had the website. A bit early but you all have a great Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

18 years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years ago today   18 years ago today EmptyNovember 16th 2018, 5:41 pm

rustbucket wrote:
Congrats on your daughter's birthday, Charlie. I think she's going to inherit a much tougher world then the one she was born into- the Democrats have gone full Commie.

Off topic: Been gone for a while thanks to medical issues and stuff around the house crapping out including the desktop computer. Had a hard time finding you guys (I'm using a tablet temporarily), a half hour on Bing and nothing. Google had the website. A bit early but you all have a great Thanksgiving.

Sorry to hear of your problems, glad you made it back. A week ago when I was in Georgia I had a heck of a time finding this website. I typically use my laptop but only had my tablet with me.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

18 years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years ago today   18 years ago today EmptyNovember 17th 2018, 12:52 am

Interesting read on the box 13 topic.

Welcome back rusty, hope all is getting better.
Back to top Go down
erude

18 years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years ago today   18 years ago today EmptyNovember 20th 2018, 10:16 pm

Charlie congrats on your daughter's birthday. Rusty sorry to hear of your issues glad you found us.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

18 years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years ago today   18 years ago today EmptyDecember 13th 2018, 6:40 pm

Time sure does fly. Some things change, some (the ones you want to) seem to stay the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

18 years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years ago today   18 years ago today Empty

Back to top Go down

18 years ago today
Page 1 of 1