Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Went to see my daughter at college today.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Went to see my daughter at college today. Empty
PostSubject: Went to see my daughter at college today.   Went to see my daughter at college today. EmptySeptember 8th 2019, 6:56 pm

My daughter asked if we could come up as she was missing her dog. My son graduated from the same University. I almost forgot how nice the NY City skyline can be from across the river.

Went to see my daughter at college today. 09081910

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Went to see my daughter at college today.   Went to see my daughter at college today. EmptySeptember 10th 2019, 9:11 pm

Nice picture.
Can't imagine being in a city that big with so many people.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Went to see my daughter at college today.   Went to see my daughter at college today. EmptySeptember 11th 2019, 3:26 pm

It's not for me either.

PostSubject: Re: Went to see my daughter at college today.   Went to see my daughter at college today. EmptySeptember 15th 2019, 1:04 am

That's quite a view. The last time I was in NJ was the early 1990's. I spent a few hours in NY city to get a tshirt at the Hard Rock and walk the streets for a slice of deep dish. Needless to say I was set straight on the proper NY name for deep dish. That was enough NY for me.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Went to see my daughter at college today.   Went to see my daughter at college today. EmptySeptember 15th 2019, 4:44 pm

Past the red construction fence, used to be the dorm that my son had his freshman. Building a new dorm now in its place. I get into the city about once every two years. The city isn't a place I feel comfortable.
While at school on Thursday, I showed the picture to a teacher who went to the same school. He took out his phone and showed me a picture of the second plane going into the tower. He was watching the first tower burn at the time.

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Went to see my daughter at college today.   Went to see my daughter at college today. EmptyDecember 14th 2019, 9:31 pm

One more trip up to the city next week. My daughter has decided she will have a much better chance of going to Med school if she transfers to Berry University in Rome, Georgia. Her current University has a 33% acceptance rate into Med school. Berry has a 96% acceptance. Berry is less costly and the scholarships are equal.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Went to see my daughter at college today.   Went to see my daughter at college today. EmptyDecember 17th 2019, 8:36 pm

Sounds like a win, win for everyone.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Went to see my daughter at college today.   Went to see my daughter at college today. EmptyDecember 17th 2019, 8:43 pm

For sure. I just got in from my final trip up north. 32F, freezing rain. I certainly won't miss driving Son the NJ Turnpike.  We are going to Georgia for 10 days on our Christmas break. When I get home I'll be here for 4 days, go back to Georgia with my daughter and her car then fly home.
She can't move into her dorm until Jan. 11.

PostSubject: Re: Went to see my daughter at college today.   Went to see my daughter at college today. Empty

Back to top Go down

Went to see my daughter at college today.
Page 1 of 1