Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daughter got her license today

Go down 
+3
Diseasel
erude
TheQuig
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Daughter got her license today Empty
PostSubject: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptySeptember 19th 2017, 3:40 pm

This is the last of my 5 children to get their drivers license. She had her permit for a year before she was allowed to take the test on her 17th birthday. This one needed rides all the time as she is in a few school clubs, band, marching band, and works with EMS every week. I was happy for her and me up till the point I called my insurance company and found out it will add another $1100 per year. This is before she even gets her car. Oh well, that's life. In about 2 months my mother in law will give her a lease car that she just paid off. It's a 2015 Hyundai Sonata with just under 10,000 miles.
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptySeptember 24th 2017, 12:21 am

Congrats to her Rich! I can't believe she's 17 already!
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptySeptember 24th 2017, 9:36 am

Nice. That's a very nice first auto. My daughter will be driving with a permit in a few months. I'm not looking forward to the new increased insurance costs but guess it's better than the alternative.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptySeptember 24th 2017, 12:03 pm

It's a relief not to have to drive her everywhere now. But the downside is that she likes my truck because she has a good view, doesn't want to rack up miles on the new lease and her one brother flat out refuses to let her drive his car. Yesterday, football season, she took my truck to school at 9:00AM to practice for marching band and had a night game. She got in at 10:30PM. I was without a truck all day.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptySeptember 24th 2017, 4:24 pm

Quote :
... and found out it will add another $1100 per year.

Ouch! .... guess that's the price of not having to drive your daughter everywhere.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptySeptember 29th 2017, 11:33 pm

You seem to lose either way. But congratulations! Hehehehe
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptySeptember 30th 2017, 2:55 pm

Once I pick up my mother in laws car in Florida in the next month or two, I have to have a few drinks when the insurance bill comes in for 5 vehicles with full coverage.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptyOctober 6th 2017, 10:59 pm

Maybe you should fire up the M37 and let her drive that!
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptyOctober 7th 2017, 11:52 am

The M-37 cost $150 a year for coverage and the state does not charge me for a 5 year registration. I wish all insurances were as reasonable,
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptyOctober 7th 2017, 4:28 pm

Did you get the M37 running and driving?

My new neighbor has a early 40s Ford dually stake bed. Original truck, 6 volt, flat head, unrestored, drives it around all the time. He's late 40s early 50s.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptyOctober 7th 2017, 8:51 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
Did you get the M37 running and driving?

My new neighbor has a early 40s Ford dually stake bed. Original truck, 6 volt, flat head, unrestored, drives it around all the time. He's late 40s early 50s.

Nope. No excuse, just don't feel like dropping the gas tank and running a new fuel line to the carburetor. It will happen sooner than later. The auto shop at the school my wife works at has the best auto shop in our district and the teacher said if I'm not in a big hurry he can make it a project for his class. There are 4 separate high schools in our district that have auto repair and I worked at a different one on Friday and would not ask that school to work on anything. All ghetto kids with a chip on their shoulder. I bit my tongue and didn't write on my report that I would never go back to that shop. I will just turn down the job when they ask.

Right now vehicle wise, my list starts with struts and shocks for my sons Civic and take off the rear plastic bumper cover to touch up a paint chip that if left untreated could rust out over the winter with so much salt they use up north.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptyOctober 8th 2017, 11:53 pm

TheQuig wrote:
The M-37 cost $150 a year for coverage and the state does not charge me for a 5 year registration. I wish all insurances were as reasonable,

That's awesome pricing!
Back to top Go down
turbobill

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptyMarch 21st 2018, 7:21 pm

TheQuig wrote:

Still not bad considering insurance in NJ.. My M923 is $55/yr but the plate is going to be expensive (about $125/yr). Insurance company said "don't carry anyone in the back" so I guess they knew what it is.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptyMarch 21st 2018, 8:09 pm

I can remember when I was married to my first wife (1975) and owned a 1965 F-100. I registered it as a commercial vehicle and the insurance was dirt cheap. The gray area was would my wife and kids be covered if in an accident. I listed them as employees.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptyMarch 24th 2018, 11:13 pm

TheQuig wrote:
I can remember when I was married to my first wife (1975) and owned a 1965 F-100. I registered it as a commercial vehicle and the insurance was dirt cheap. The gray area was would my wife and kids be covered if in an accident. I listed them as employees.

Ironic since your wife was the boss. Daughter got her license today 2335134535
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today EmptyMarch 25th 2018, 7:41 pm

Good one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daughter got her license today   Daughter got her license today Empty

Back to top Go down

Daughter got her license today
Page 1 of 1