Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gun Control

Go down 
+6
TheQuig
joemac
Hilux
theshyguy
Charlie in TX
ggbaird
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Gun Control - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 4 EmptyMarch 21st 2016, 7:09 pm

It was a pretty good value. Comes with 2 - 12rnd magazines. Trigger pull feels decent. Not great, but better than the 16 mile pull on the M&P's from Smith&Wesson.

Supposed to be 6lbs in D/A and 5lbs in Single. Slide works easy, slide release was easy.

If it shoots like they say, it will be a good little gun.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 4 EmptyMarch 30th 2016, 4:17 pm

Finally got out to my regular range today which is 45 minutes away. Shot 4 different brands of ammo, around 60 rounds out of the G 42. Blazer Brass, Hornady Critical Defense, Winchester flat nose, and PMC brass 90 grain. We shot at 17 yards and for the distance I was happy with the out come. The surprise for me was that the Hornady was the least accurate, but at the same time I only shot 8 rounds of that brand. I really wanted to see what my options were and to make sure there were no Failure to Fire or Ejection problems. My friend that came with me had 2 Glocks, a 9 and a .40 caliber. I think the .40 was the G 27, and the 9 was a G 26. He is retired LEO, wants to go more with 9mm as the .40 cost too much for practice on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 4 EmptyApril 22nd 2016, 3:55 pm

Received my Utah CC today. Now I can Conceal Carry in 32 states, just not the one I happen to live in.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 4 EmptyApril 23rd 2016, 3:58 pm

I think AZ passed a law allowing concealed carry without a permit given some restrictions (age etc). Since having little ones I haven't felt comfortable taking the guns out much. I need to start educating them though.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 4 EmptyApril 23rd 2016, 4:34 pm

I introduced my kids to firearms at age 10 or 11. They don't have as much interest as I do but at least 1 will come shooting when I go. Having them shoot and clean the firearms takes away the mystery that make kids want to see what is locked up and they can't touch. My soon to be 22 year old has expressed interest to get his permits. I have 2 safes, one for firearms, the other for ammunition. You can't be too careful when it comes to young kids.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 4 EmptyApril 24th 2016, 1:21 pm

Last Friday I took my sister to the local shooting range. After we got there I found out she had never fired a hand gun. One shot and she put the gun down because her hands were shaking like crazy. I put about twenty rounds through to give her a minute to collect herself. Now that she knew what to expect I got her to try again. IMO she did good for her first time. As for me, I managed about three inch grouping, about two inches down and to the rite of what I was aiming for. My shots are always a little down and rite. Something about how I'm aiming that I haven't worked out. I know its me because I have handed my gun to an avid shooter friend and he is dead on with it. I suppose two inches off bullseye isn't bad, but it bugs me because in my mind I should be better. Then again I only go shoot once every three to four years.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 4 EmptyApril 24th 2016, 5:33 pm

You have to shoot a lot to consistently hit the target where you want to. I have the same problem with handguns but I'm off to the left by 2" and 1" high. I hardly shoot the hand guns. With rifles, I'm pretty good at grouping them in the center, but I shoot them at least once if not twice a week. Shotgun, I have just gotten back into trap and while I'm off target I am getting back to my old scores quicker than I thought I would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun Control
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4