Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gun Control

Go down 
+6
TheQuig
joemac
Hilux
theshyguy
Charlie in TX
ggbaird
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
joemac

joemac

Gun Control - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 3rd 2016, 10:44 am

Avoid that McKinney location like the plague. Built in 1964, when McKinney's population was 2. I trek up to the one in Bonham. Wait line last two times I've been has been less than five people.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 3rd 2016, 1:14 pm

I'm taking the Utah course on 2/19 which will allow me to carry in 32 states Texas included, but not NJ. We travel to Georgia a lot and once we pass through Maryland we can CC the rest of the trip.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 3rd 2016, 3:17 pm

I think the communist Governor of Virginia ordered his Nazi AG to not allow reciprocal CC's any more.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 3rd 2016, 4:10 pm

The VA legislation was repealed last week. During the summer when I visit in mother in law in Fla., I also going to take a CC course while there. I've been in my safe, cleaning every firearm and deciding which ones I no longer shoot and am going to sell them. I like them all, but if they haven't been shot in two years there is no sense in keeping them.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 3rd 2016, 7:36 pm

http://wavy.com/2016/01/28/mcauliffe-republicans-to-announce-deal-on-guns/

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe and Republican lawmakers have reached a deal that strengthens some gun control measures while reversing a policy that would have invalidated concealed handgun permits in Virginia held by residents of 25 other states.

McAuliffe spokesman Brian Coy said the governor is willing to walk back a new reciprocity policy set to be implemented by Attorney General Mark Herring in exchange for concessions on other measures. The deal is set to be announced Friday at a news conference.

GOP leaders have agreed to support a measure prohibiting people from carrying a firearm if they are subject to a permanent protective order for a domestic violence offense, according to House Speaker William J. Howell’s office. The policy has long been sought by McAuliffe and Democrats. Republicans have repeatedly rejected such measures in the past.

“Everyone gave something up,” Howell spokesman Matthew Moran said. “Everyone got something.”

Republicans have also agreed to require state police to be present at gun shows to perform voluntary background checks.

Herring said he’s encouraged to see both sides finally come together to address the issue of gun violence.

“If finally enforcing our concealed handgun reciprocity laws helps break the legislative logjam on efforts to expand background checks and force domestic abusers to turn over their guns, then I’m glad we could provide some momentum and I hope this is just the first step in enacting sensible gun safety measures,” he said in a statement.

Coy, the governor’s spokesman, called the proposed deal “balanced” and a milestone moment.

“This deal is a major advancement for public safety in Virginia,” said Coy. “That’s the governor’s priority.”

The proposal deal, which must still gain approval from the entire GOP-controlled General Assembly, marks a rare spot of compromise between McAuliffe and Republican leaders on a contentious social issue. The 2016 legislative session began with a war of words, as McAuliffe vowed to veto any gun rights legislation he found objectionable while Republicans promised to pass new laws aimed at buttressing gun rights.

Feelings over gun issues were also inflamed during last year’s legislative elections. Gun groups on both sides — and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s gun control group, in particular— spent heavily trying to influence a handful of key state Senate campaigns.

“This is a historic thing,” Coy said.

Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun rights Virginia Citizens Defense League, said he would withhold judgment on the deal until he learns more details, but stressed that nothing is set in stone yet. The General Assembly must sign off on the measures.

“There’s a lot that can go wrong between now and the ink drying,” Van Cleave said. “It’s a positive sign, but we need to see the deal.”

A spokesman for the attorney general did not immediately return calls seeking comment. Herring’s move in December to revoke reciprocity agreements infuriated Republicans. Herring has said it was needed because the other states’ concealed weapon laws don’t meet Virginia’s standards,

Coy praised Herring’s move, but declined to say directly whether it was part of a broader Democratic strategy to force Republicans to negotiate.

“Without General Herring’s actions, this deal would not have been possible,” Coy said.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 4th 2016, 9:44 am

http://freebeacon.com/issues/gun-sales-set-yet-another-record/

Barack Obama--Worlds #1 Gun Salesman

Not to mention the millions of weapons we've armed ISIS with.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 4th 2016, 1:28 pm

Dont forget the ones we sent to Mexico. El Chapo even got in on the sweet deal.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 4th 2016, 4:40 pm

And before that there was Bush's "Gun Runner", "Operation Wide Receiver", were all much in the same as Fast and Furious. Doesn't matter what side their on, wrong is wrong. But since the country is so paralyzed over sides, same crap will continue until we no longer have a country.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 4th 2016, 5:32 pm

There are only two sides left...us and them. And "them" is anyone who still believes there's a difference in what party a politician claims to be affiliated with.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 10th 2016, 12:29 pm

pup wrote:
We subdued another weapon and brought it under control.

The wife picked up a Glock 42 through her channels at work for wholesale cost. $320, and a $25 FFL transfer fee.  

Need to get out and put a few hundred rounds through it and break it in now....

Gun Control - Page 2 G42_zpskhceri1m

Let me know when you shoot it if you have ammunition problems. After researching for the past couple of weeks I think the G 42 is what I will get my wife when my permits come in. $399 seems to be the median price. I have read that the early models where having issues with stovepiping and failure to eject. From what I understand, those issues are resolved and updated . I've sold one 22 Ruger, and now am trying to sell my Weatherby SA-08 12 gauge semi that hasn't left the safe in over a year.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 10th 2016, 4:58 pm

Im hoping to shoot it some this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 10th 2016, 5:03 pm

Thanks. From what I have read, if the end of the serial number has a 2, it has been upgraded and shouldn't have any problems. You will also see the #2 on the magazines.

How does it feel in your hands, too small or acceptable. I know these are for our women, just wondering. I also believe you can get a 7 round magazine from the factory store.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2016, 12:12 am

It's more acceptable than small. She got a pair of the Pearce Grip extenders for the magazine's. Those helped quite a bit. That and a extended slide stop. Makes it easier to thumb the slide closed when swapping magazine's. Breeze to replace both.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2016, 12:14 am

She can break it down herself easy too. Looking forward to putting some rounds thru the little thing.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2016, 9:10 am

http://looserounds.com/2014/05/10/glock-appears-to-have-made-changes-to-the-g42/

That goes over how to tell newer ones from original ones. Ours has the newer frame, parts and magazine revisions.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2016, 12:47 pm

Yes, I had read that article. Now I see they have a spring kit and new aftermarket follower that will allow 7 to be loaded comfortable, which with one in the chamber makes it a 7+1.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2016, 1:25 pm

With the grip extender on, it just barely fits my pinky finger. But it fits the wife's hand just fine.

Without them, no place for the pinky. I think it will make her more confident shooting with it as she can get a good grip on it.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2016, 2:00 pm

The XDS is similar.

7+1 with standard mag.  9+1 with extended mag.

Gun Control - Page 2 IMG_4748

Gun Control - Page 2 IMG_4751
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 13th 2016, 4:40 pm

I've been looking for the last 2 days for the 42, and they are hard to come by here for some reason. Today I asked my wife if she was set on that model, or do I find something along the same lines. Now she doesn't want to carry CCW and thinks I should sell one of my 5.56 so she can shoot a lighter rifle. I already sold a Ruger 10-22 that was light, now I'm in the process of selling a shotgun. I might just buy a 10-22 takedown and use my 9mm for conceal although it is a little too big. I may also still buy the Glock 42 and just never tell her. She doesn't know one firearm from the other that I own.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 13th 2016, 7:33 pm

We put about 100 rounds thru it today. Zero issues. Pretty damn accurate too. I am impressed. Both brothers who shot it would buy one today. The wife was firing nice patterns with it too. Its a winner.

Brothers woman brought a SW bodygaurd 380. It is a pile of shit in comparison.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 13th 2016, 8:56 pm

That's nice to know, I had been considering the S&W Bodyguard.
Things seem to change by the hour here. My brother wants my Ruger but now says he will have to wait a week or so until cash flow comes back. I'm now thinking of keeping the 10-22, selling the 12 gauge and buying the G 42 for myself.
At what distance were you shooting? What ammunition?
I don't know why the 42 is hard to find here. When I do find a store, it seems $399 and above are the price.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 14th 2016, 8:44 am

15 to 20 feet shooting. CCI and Fiochi .95 grain is what we shot. 50 of each.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 14th 2016, 11:48 am

TheQuig wrote:
I might just buy a 10-22 takedown and use my 9mm for conceal although it is a little too big. I may also still buy the Glock 42 and just never tell her. She doesn't know one firearm from the other that I own.

Or just buy the Glock and tell her you did. That's what I do. Smile Give her two minutes. Then enjoy the Glock. If you do it often enough it becomes normal cadence. Then the UPS guy showing up every other day with accessories, or new boxes of ammo isn't a major event and becomes part of normal life activity. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 14th 2016, 2:29 pm

joemac wrote:
TheQuig wrote:
I might just buy a 10-22 takedown and use my 9mm for conceal although it is a little too big. I may also still buy the Glock 42 and just never tell her. She doesn't know one firearm from the other that I own.

Or just buy the Glock and tell her you did.  That's what I do. Smile  Give her two minutes.  Then enjoy the Glock.  If you do it often enough it becomes normal cadence.  Then the UPS guy showing up every other day with accessories, or new boxes of ammo isn't a major event and becomes part of normal life activity.  Smile

Your probably right. Right now, since retirement, she brings in almost double of what I do so I try to keep spending down. But I'm home, the UPS or FedEx guy comes and the boxes of ammo go right into the safe and the packaging goes into the wood stove.
I did talk to her yesterday about what my plan of the hour was and she agreed, she just doesn't think I need the Glock 42 when I have a Ruger 9mm, but the Ruger is too big for CCW. The problem with my permits is that I have 90 days to purchase or they expire.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 14th 2016, 6:11 pm

If the intent is to carry and the Ruger is too big, sell the Ruger get the Glock. Or.... just get the Glock. Shocked Happy Valentines day hunny!
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 15th 2016, 10:56 am

Gun Control - Page 2 12745414_10205785955909438_4250763722933421174_n
Gun Control - Page 2 12705783_10205785954749409_9221740691713638561_n
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 15th 2016, 1:13 pm

That G 42 is the perfect size, 1911, and is that a High Standard on the far left of the top pictures?
The Fiochi seemed good? I have never shot that brand.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 15th 2016, 2:27 pm

That's a Browning Buckmark .22

The Fiochi stuff was fine. I couldn't tell a difference in it and the CCI.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 15th 2016, 2:32 pm

We had 3 1911's, one Ruger, one Springfield and my Kimber.

2 .22's, a Ruger and a Browning

And 2 .380's, the Glock and the S&W Bodyguard.

Zero issues with any of them, other than the Bodyguard's trigger is a block of shit. It is amazing just how far you have to pull that thing to make it go bang.

One of my other brothers was off at a convention for his work over in Waco for the weekend, he showed back up yesterday morning with one of the new Ruger AR15's. It looks to be pretty damn nice from the little I looked it over.
Between us, we have quite the impressive little arsenal.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 20th 2016, 4:17 pm

I sold the Ruger 10/22 last night to my brother after the Utah CCW class, and today a friend up the street looked at the 12 gauge Weatherby and agreed to the selling price. He said his income taxes were posted on 2/16 so he should have the money any day. Now the holdup is the township saying they are backed up on permits so it might take a while. I would hate to go to the police department with the state law stating they have 30 days to do the background check or they must give me the permits. I know the police chief and don't want to ask for a favor or bust his chops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun Control
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next