Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ice/Sleet Storm

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Ice/Sleet Storm Empty
PostSubject: Ice/Sleet Storm   Ice/Sleet Storm EmptyFebruary 1st 2023, 6:32 pm

Day 3 of the Don't Worry, It will stay to the Northwest of the metroplex ice storm. Fun times. Should be above freezing tomorrow afternoon though.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Ice/Sleet Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice/Sleet Storm   Ice/Sleet Storm EmptyFebruary 2nd 2023, 4:22 am

More freezing rain for us too.
Schools shut down but work still going 3 shifts.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Ice/Sleet Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice/Sleet Storm   Ice/Sleet Storm EmptyFebruary 2nd 2023, 10:33 am

We saw out first dusting of the winter yesterday. A little cold today at 24F, but not that bad.
Friday it will dip to 8F overnight and on Saturday a high of 24. By Sunday, back up to the low 40's. It has been a pretty mild winter for us. Definitely after work Friday I will start a fire in the wood stove.

Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Ice/Sleet Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice/Sleet Storm   Ice/Sleet Storm EmptyFebruary 2nd 2023, 1:21 pm

We have already seen 0*F a few weeks ago.
No snow to speak of though.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Ice/Sleet Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice/Sleet Storm   Ice/Sleet Storm EmptyFebruary 2nd 2023, 7:15 pm

Storm laid down a layer of freezing rain/ice, topped it with 3" of sleet, then another layer of freezing rain. Finally above freezing and starting to melt
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Ice/Sleet Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice/Sleet Storm   Ice/Sleet Storm EmptyFebruary 3rd 2023, 1:43 pm

Temps are starting to drop. When I left for school today it was 34. Now it is down to 24F and we are expecting it to go to 7F tonight. The wind chill is close to 0 already. Me, and the dogs tonight, my wife went to Florida to see her mother. I should have gone with her.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Ice/Sleet Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice/Sleet Storm   Ice/Sleet Storm EmptyFebruary 4th 2023, 1:34 pm

Talking with some lineman and they mentioned several hundred thousand households without power in Texas. They have crews ready to go help but texas won't take union line crews until it's a total shitshow. They want non-union labor foremost.

Wonder how many residents are aware of that?
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Ice/Sleet Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice/Sleet Storm   Ice/Sleet Storm EmptyFebruary 5th 2023, 11:27 pm

So far its been quiet here, uneventful. Been under freezing and snow about a week and a half ago. 75 I think it what it was today but supposed to drop lower again over the next few days.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Ice/Sleet Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice/Sleet Storm   Ice/Sleet Storm EmptyFebruary 6th 2023, 9:53 am

Reading the news yesterday, the weather on top of Mt. Washington in New Hampshire set new records.
Temp on top was -49, wind chill was -108. I've been on top in the summer and it was in the 30's when down below it was low 80's. Nice place to visit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ice/Sleet Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice/Sleet Storm   Ice/Sleet Storm Empty

Back to top Go down

Ice/Sleet Storm
Page 1 of 1