HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

McDonald's Storm Troopers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joemac

PostSubject: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 22nd 2014, 5:51 pm

Why is it law enforcement always sets up the encampment on the side of the corporation?  Protect and Serve the Corporations? Employees that work the front lines are not wanted, not allowed, within the company headquarters. This speaks volumes.

Quote :
Over 100 protesters demanding higher wages and improved working conditions were arrested Wednesday outside a McDonald’s corporate office in Oak Brook, Illinois, where thousands assembled to rally against the corporate chain’s labor practices.

An estimated 2,000 marched outside the building in suburban Chicago demanding the right to form a union without retaliation and a wage increase to $15 an hour. McDonald’s employees, other food service employees, local church leaders, and union officials were on hand to join in the chants of “Hey McDonald’s You Can’t Hide, We Can See Your Greedy Side” and “No Big Macs, No Fries, Make our Wage Supersize.”

http://www.infowars.com/more-than-100-protesters-arrested-at-mcdonalds-hq-demanding-fair-pay/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 22nd 2014, 7:08 pm

If they want $15/hour then they should have stayed in school like most people that earn a higher wage. It's not like they were promised the $15 when they excepted the job. I have no sympathy for them.

joemac

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 22nd 2014, 7:21 pm

College is no longer the guarantee of higher wages many perceive it to be.  There are many higher education graduates that either don't have a job, are not working in their field, or are under employed.

I have sympathy for them and the tax payers who fund their social programs. Now tack on healthcare subsidies onto the US taxpayer as well for these folks.  When companies profit, yet their employees because of their low wages qualify for tax payer supported aid, that's not right on any level that tax payers are subsiding corporate profits and executive bonuses while the employees in the trenches don't share in the same.  I do not agree that tax revenues should be used as a business subsidy, that's essentially what ends up being played out.  One of the largest, Walmart.  When one in twenty billionaires is a Walton, and their employees are on government social welfare, this is corporatism gone wild.  The scam is on the people who hold down these jobs, and the tax payers who fund their social programs while the owners go buy a 120 ft yacht to replace the 108 ft yacht they bought two years ago.

I look to people who operated business with integrity and a moral responsibility like H Ross Perot.  Ross was always stating, "You have to take care of the troops." Ross knew how to run a business, empower and incentivize those around him.

Last edited by joemac on May 22nd 2014, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemac

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 22nd 2014, 7:40 pm

Add to the issue the US tax payer is funding the bottom line of the insurance companies.  $4.5 billion is now earmarked for the companies to offset their "losses".  Who wins, the companies, who pays yet again the over burden tax payer.

It's a rigged game.  The consistent part about any of it.  The wealthy elite are always the beneficiaries.  A government for and about the companies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breathing Borla

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 23rd 2014, 10:49 am

I think you should run for office

2016 Tundra Crewmax Platinum 4x4
2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4, 5.7, 8-speed, Maximum Steel Metallic
2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 , 33" Cooper ST Maxx on RW Wheels (sold)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scout

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 23rd 2014, 11:57 am

You got my vote if you do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 23rd 2014, 8:38 pm

I agree that college doesn't guarantee what it used to. I worked as a teamster for 20 years before I went to college and don't earn any more money. I am against someone that wants to get out of high school, stand behind a counter with minimal training and have the nerve to say they deserve $15 an hour to do unskilled work.
I would like to see large corporations help pay for school or other training to help their employees get a step up in life. It's like the proverb- feed a man a fish and he can eat today, or teach a man how to fish and he will be able to feed himself.

joemac

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 25th 2014, 1:17 pm

If people are dedicated, hard working, and genuinely care about their craft, skilled, unskilled, white collar and are generating revenue and profit for the company, there's zero morality and corporate responsibility excuses for a large contingent of employees needing or qualifying tax payer funded social aid.  

Company executives lack integrity and morality to state the company is profitable, generating millions or billions in profits while at the same time, leveraging tax payers to fund a sizable portion their employees livelihood is a scam of the tax payer, employees and public all the while the executives are trying to figure out which vacation home to buy.

There should be no issue in a single employee or a group of employees voicing concerns over pay structure and making it known they want more. There's little public concern, ever, when executives reign in millions upon millions annually. This is only an issue when the people at the bottom desire more for their work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 25th 2014, 5:40 pm

Give the people at McDonalds $15 per hour, but then double my wages also. If someone burns a fry or burger at McDonalds, oh well toss it in the garbage. If I screw up at work, the population of the town can have contaminated water. I lose my license, get fined by the state to the tune of $100K. Do the burger kids have that same responsibility?

When you pay $15 and hour to do unskilled work, what expectation is there that the person earning that money will want to go out and better themselves? If they get their $15 per hour, I will retire, collect SS, collect my pension and work 2 days a week there instead of the planned substitute teaching job I was going to take.

joemac

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 26th 2014, 12:12 pm

Didn't imply the McDonald's worker had the same responsibility as you.  Not sure how this issue got singularly and personally focused on you.  There is no responsibility equate to a pay grade scale.  A persons responsibility perception is extremely self focused.  Another perspective may be a McDonald's worker not adhering to food handling and preparation practices could drastically effect the short term health of many people in an 8 hour shift.  

Just about anyone that is employed to provide a product, service or both has responsibility that can have negative aspects to the consumers of the product or service.  I'm sure there were some highly paid engineers and managers that had their hands on the GM ignition debacle, or the Toyota UA issue and others.  NASA flight engineers and mangers of Challenger?  MA370 pilots and air crew? 16 US Intelligence agencies all concurrently failed an alleged terrorist attach on our country 9/11/01. Highly paid highly skilled people.  An $8 movie theater employee doesn't have much of any responsibility until a side entrance of a movie theater allegedly is opened and a gunman walks in, Aurora Colorado. The pay scale doesn't prevent, mistakes, bad decisions, and poor operations and or management.

The issue isn't about job responsibility.  Its about the US tax payer funding the cash registers of profitable companies knowing they can pay their employee's paying their people squat and letting the tax payer pick up the remainder.  McDonald's isn't the only company doing such.

Traditionally pay grade surrounds personal capability, opportunity, and negotiation.  

The fundamental issue is that the free enterprise capitalist business model we think we have is skewed when the public tax payer is funding corporate and profits by offsetting their labor cost.  This is capitalism gone wild and when done in such fashion focuses the benefit to a few people at the top at the expense of the worker at the bottom.  McDonald's has $28 billion in revenue and quarterly profits around $1.5 billion or $6 billion annually.  Estimates indicate the amount of socioeconomic benefit provided by the US taxpayer to McDonald's is $1.2 billion annually.

Moreover inflation, real inflation, not the 2% CPI annual lie, is a huge detriment to people that only make $8 an hour or at the bottom end of the wage scale.  When beef increases 30% per lb in a year, it's extremely difficult with someone on the lower end of the pay scale to absorb it when compared to someone making $60k.  An unlike the media touts increasing the minimum wage isn't the right way to do this, as this will artificially insert more inflation into our economy across the board.

It's pretty simple, companies need to own the responsibility for funding their business G&A overhead without the US tax payer owning this responsibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 26th 2014, 12:33 pm

I was simply using myself/job as an example. I do not have a problem with uping the minimum wage, but certainly not to $15 per hour.
I'm sure you work hard for your money and do the best work you can do. My problem is someone coming off the street for an unskilled job and expecting too much money for what they are doing. Most tradesman started off at the bottom and worked their way up the ladder.
Corporations can and should give health benefits to their workers after a probation period.
Once the minimum wage goes up to $15, everyone will feel it in their pocket, and kids in high school and college will have no jobs as the price of fast food will make it a thing of the past.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 26th 2014, 5:01 pm

TheQuig wrote:
Once the minimum wage goes up to $15, everyone will feel it in their pocket, and kids in high school and college will have no jobs as the price of fast food will make it a thing of the past.

If it comes to that there will be automated food kiosks from all the big chains.
At that point it will be cost effective for total automation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scout

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 27th 2014, 11:41 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemac

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 27th 2014, 12:11 pm

How much do the jobs pay to keep the kiosk robots working, operational, and maintained?

Meanwhile...  http://bigstory.ap.org/article/median-ceo-pay-crosses-10-million-2013

The financial and investment bank sector CEO aren't making what they were in 2007. But they're still adding it to the pile and leading this group here. Which one of the goobers was it from Merrill or Lehman that pulled in like $420 million one year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   May 28th 2014, 11:07 am

I don't care what you do for a living, $420 million a year is just an insult to all workers. Who is worth more than $1 million per day for doing a job? Insanity!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's Storm Troopers   

Back to top Go down

McDonald's Storm Troopers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1