Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

House Shopping

Go down 
+3
Diseasel
TheQuig
pup
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

House Shopping - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 7th 2020, 10:53 pm

We have a "crusher run" here that has lots of fines in it.

Packs good. Except for our gulley washer rains. It just scoured the driveway all the way to the 1x3 limestone that is imbedded into the clay. Mound of gravel over a ft deep at end of driveway, in the ditch and the yard.

The 27 percent slope of the driveway doesn't help much either, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 8th 2020, 1:01 pm

House Shopping - Page 4 Mvimg_30
Before driveway pic
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 8th 2020, 5:17 pm

House Shopping - Page 4 Mvimg_31
House Shopping - Page 4 Mvimg_33
House Shopping - Page 4 Mvimg_32
$850 for 25yds of Crush Limestone Flexbase delivered and spread
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 8th 2020, 8:56 pm

Looks good. After a few months it will pack down like concrete.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 8th 2020, 10:38 pm

House Shopping - Page 4 Mvimg_34
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 9th 2020, 1:54 pm

House Shopping - Page 4 Mvimg_36
Got the toyhauler home. No more monthly storage fees
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 9th 2020, 8:45 pm

I was wondering where the trailer was. Nice night sky. Coming home tonight the moon was huge coming up across the bay. It was fire orange. Once it got up in the sky, not so much orange.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 12th 2020, 10:13 pm

Nice. I use to hate that monthly storage fee plus hauling it back and forth.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 13th 2020, 9:55 am

Do you need to winterize the trailer? I use a compressor at around 6-7lbs, it works well.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 14th 2020, 12:17 pm

I drain the water heater, open up the low point drains, then blow out the lines, then dump some rv antifreeze into the sinks and toilets.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 14th 2020, 10:10 pm

I do the same.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 17th 2020, 3:04 pm

Spent Saturday getting it ready to camp. Tire pressures were all down in the 40 psi range. Needed to be at 80, got that done. Hit the bearings with some grease too.

Rear loading area has a piano hinged aluminum piece that runs the width of the hauler that folds down over the gap between the door and floor when the back door is open. Had 40 or so predrilled holes for screws to attach it in place. Ripped it out first time loading last spring because it only had 3 screws holding it in from the factory. Got it back in place and installed properly with the all the screws.

Noticed the left turn/brake light was out when I picked it up last. Has the 6" oval lights that has to be replaced as a unit. No way to just change the bulbs. Ordered a set of LEDs and replaced both. Light still out on the left side. Spent 2 hrs checking wires, connections, fuses, etc...Finally just cut the splice on the light harness in the rear and re-spliced it in. Started working after that.

Buy a camper, then spend the next year fixing the shit quality from the factory.
House Shopping - Page 4 Flag10
House Shopping - Page 4 Porkas10

Smoked a pork shoulder in the pellet grill while all of that was happening. Wife hung the flag on the shop door too. Had a couple days in the 70s. Back to February cold rainy crap weather tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 17th 2020, 5:26 pm

It is satisfying to get those projects out of the way and all the time having a pork shoulder ready to go at the end of it all. It is still too cold for me to get the trailer ready for camping. It was 14 Saturday morning and almost 60 today. I like have buddy bearings. Although I sometimes complain about having to jack every wheel up to spin the wheels while greasing, it is still a lot better than having to take the drum off and hand grease the bearings.
For my wife's birthday present we are going to fly to Georgia on Friday night until Tuesday morning. We will get to see my daughter and our friends. Round trip for the two of us, $120 + parking.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyApril 4th 2020, 10:37 pm

Bought a sub panel, breakers, outlets, junction boxes, cable, etc today to get the shop part of the electrical done. Gonna start putting that in place tomorrow. Will still need to get the electricity ran out to it, but it will be ready when that happens.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyApril 5th 2020, 12:04 am

I'm sure you already know but make sure you use 4 conductor feed for a sub panel.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 EmptyApril 13th 2020, 12:11 pm

The interior wiring of the shop is all done, now time to start in on the trench for the cable to run to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House Shopping   House Shopping - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

House Shopping
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4