Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New tires for the Yukon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

New tires for the Yukon Empty
PostSubject: New tires for the Yukon   New tires for the Yukon EmptyMarch 16th 2013, 9:47 am

My wife is heading to Georgia for easter break and is driving 14 hours to get there. Looking at her tires at 45K, their not quite due for replacement, but having them on the truck for five years I thought It would save me some sleep if I put new ones on.
I'm putting on the originals Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza P275/55R 20's.
The Yukon was a Chevy promotion for baseballs All-Star game when it was held in NYC. They were supposed to drive the players to the games in them, but realized they were too big for a fleet of them to be driven in the city. The truck listed for $54K, we got it from the dealer for $37K. I couldn't pass up on the deal, but never liked the bling wheels and 20's tires. I guess I'm stuck with that set up as I'm not about to spend more for wheels.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: New tires for the Yukon   New tires for the Yukon EmptyMarch 16th 2013, 9:51 am

The Yukon was a Chevy promotion scratch
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: New tires for the Yukon   New tires for the Yukon EmptyMarch 16th 2013, 1:01 pm

No, just used to thinking Chevy. We got it at a GMC Dealer that had all the ones from the All Star game, each had 200 miles on them. We had a choice of the last two - white or black, my wife liked the white. We were shopping for an Acadia, and already had a Suburban we were going to trade it. It was just too good a deal to pass up with 4 captains seats and the row 3rd back seat. It keeps the kids from touching each other, less arguments.

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: New tires for the Yukon   New tires for the Yukon EmptyMarch 16th 2013, 1:04 pm

4 Tires with tax $796. Balance, flats fixed, and rotation free for life, nitrogen filled (if it really makes a difference I don't know). Got home changed the oil and was going to grease the front end but the snow started coming down so I grease tomorrow or one night after work. Drives me crazy not to finish up.

PostSubject: Re: New tires for the Yukon   New tires for the Yukon EmptyMarch 16th 2013, 7:19 pm

Call me crazy but I started to doing services in parts over 2-3 weeks to make sure I wasn't hallucinating about leaks and little quirks.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: New tires for the Yukon   New tires for the Yukon EmptyMarch 16th 2013, 9:05 pm

Buy the looks of things I'll be servicing on my Silverado and the Honda Civic next weekend, All 3 vehicles are at 10% oil life. I have the oil and filters, now just need a nice day. I don't mind spending the day working on the vehicles.

PostSubject: Re: New tires for the Yukon   New tires for the Yukon Empty

Back to top Go down

New tires for the Yukon
Page 1 of 1