Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why do they always wait until it's dark out?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Why do they always wait until it's dark out? Empty
PostSubject: Why do they always wait until it's dark out?   Why do they always wait until it's dark out? EmptyFebruary 24th 2014, 9:37 pm

Friday night at dinner the wife casually says "Oh look at my Yukon tomorrow, its making a lot of noise". I'm not one with a lot of patience and do have too much sarcasm so I say to her something like " do you just call a plumber and ask that he fix your house?
My daughter told me when they use the brakes, it's really loud, but makes noise when they are driving for the last week or so. Now I know most people would be up on maintenance, but with my past 02 Chevy diesel I did the brakes at 70K miles and they still had a lot more mileage left on them. They Yukon is at 59K, is an 2008. Last year I bought the brakes, did the rear but never got around to the fronts as the weather got cold. Saturday it was 60F, so I got my son Mike who is 15 to get the tools, jack it up and put it on jack stands in the driveway. Drivers side were like new, passenger side outside was metal to metal. Mike did the entire job without me having to show him how to. He has been doing the majority of the maintenance for the past 2 years. I ordered new rotors and will put them on this weekend unless it's back down in the 30's. I need Dans garage or just take out my M-37 and do them in my garage.

But why do women always remember when it's dark that there is something wrong with the vehicle? Mad Mad 

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Why do they always wait until it's dark out?   Why do they always wait until it's dark out? EmptyFebruary 25th 2014, 1:11 am

TheQuig wrote:
I need Dans garage or just take out my M-37 and do them in my garage.

Or Dans garage needs your M-37. Why do they always wait until it's dark out? 2602728110

And I get the same thing, Sunday night is when my daughter will bring up her car issues. Working the afternoon shift only leaves the weekend for me to work on maintenance. I have pulled it in the shop at 11pm after work a time or two.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Why do they always wait until it's dark out?   Why do they always wait until it's dark out? EmptyFebruary 25th 2014, 10:27 am

You guys are good dads. My time is coming; mine aren't old enough yet.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Why do they always wait until it's dark out?   Why do they always wait until it's dark out? EmptyFebruary 25th 2014, 10:04 pm

We were coming home from dinner tonight and my 15 year old is telling us what kind of truck he expects to drive when he is old enough. I'm actually thinking about modernizing the M-37 with some lower differentials, putting on less aggressive tires and adding a heater to it and giving it to him.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Why do they always wait until it's dark out?   Why do they always wait until it's dark out? EmptyFebruary 26th 2014, 1:06 am

That would be a cool first truck!
To keep with the I6 theme get either a 4.0L/manual from a Jeep for a modern FI engine or even a Atlas 4.2L I6 from a GM product.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Why do they always wait until it's dark out?   Why do they always wait until it's dark out? EmptyFebruary 26th 2014, 8:33 pm

As easy as the straight flathead six that came with the truck is to work on, it's also way under powered. Then there is also the issue of safety glass. It would be a cool first truck though.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Why do they always wait until it's dark out?   Why do they always wait until it's dark out? EmptyFebruary 27th 2014, 1:01 am

5.9L Cummins? bounce 
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Why do they always wait until it's dark out?   Why do they always wait until it's dark out? EmptyFebruary 27th 2014, 1:25 am

There's no hiding in that so tough to pull over with his girlfriend.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Why do they always wait until it's dark out?   Why do they always wait until it's dark out? EmptyFebruary 27th 2014, 9:23 pm

It is tight in the front seat. At one time I used to fit all 3 kids in front with me and go for a ride. The truck does have a compartment where you can lock your rifles in with a padlock. Too bad he is a bow hunter.
No 5.9 for that boy, he already wants a fast car. I tell him he needs a job if he wants a fast car to pay for insurance and tickets.

PostSubject: Re: Why do they always wait until it's dark out?   Why do they always wait until it's dark out? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do they always wait until it's dark out?
Page 1 of 1