Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Filson Edition AEV Brute

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

Filson Edition AEV Brute  Empty
PostSubject: Filson Edition AEV Brute    Filson Edition AEV Brute  EmptyFebruary 13th 2014, 2:03 pm

Filson Edition AEV Brute  Image37

Quote :
The AEV Brute is the modern Jeep Wrangler pickup enthusiasts crave but Chrysler denies. For those who want a little more luxury with that look, AEV has teamed up with fancy L.L. Bean-type company Filson for a special edition of the truck.

The original Brute is not a cheap proposition to begin with— there are two versions of the conversion at $29,999 and $39,000, which doesn't include the price of a JK Wrangler. But the Filson Edition pushes the Wrangler pickup right past Range Rover money at $130,000 complete.

For that ask you get non-metallic dark green exterior paint, Horween leather seating accented with durable, Rugged Twill panels, Rugged Twill custom rear seat storage bags behind the seats, Filson badges all over the place, and a custom tonneau cover.

Reading that over, it sounds like a lot for a little. But I gotta admit I'm a sucker for country club cache, and I think the Filson Edition AEV Brute looks absolutely awesome.

The colors are perfect. Horween is a Chicago-based leather company that's been ultra-premium since 1905. And twill storage bags? Truck yeah, twill storage bags. Best of all everything's made in the USA.

In my experience blue bloods tend to be hardcore Anglophiles, part of the reason Range Rovers are so popular among old money, but I dare say a Filson Edition AEV Brute might be just the ticket for a brash gentleman looking to scare up some attention at the next polo match. But not too much attention.

There are definitely worse ways to spend $130,000, though I don't think they're expecting door-busting demand.

Filson Edition AEV Brute  Image38

Filson Edition AEV Brute  Image39

Filson Edition AEV Brute  Image40

Jalopnik
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Filson Edition AEV Brute    Filson Edition AEV Brute  EmptyFebruary 13th 2014, 2:13 pm

I bet Jeep isn't too concerned about building a pickup or new scrambler since the current Wrangler plant is running at near max capacity as is.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Filson Edition AEV Brute    Filson Edition AEV Brute  EmptyFebruary 13th 2014, 2:44 pm

Yup, you're probably right. Too bad though. I'm a HUGE fan of the AEV Brute! The price tag? Not so much.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Filson Edition AEV Brute    Filson Edition AEV Brute  EmptyFebruary 14th 2014, 1:29 pm

I miss my Comanche.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Filson Edition AEV Brute    Filson Edition AEV Brute  EmptyFebruary 14th 2014, 1:48 pm

I had a ton of fun with my Commanche too. I beat the hell out of it though. Too young and stupid back then I guess.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Filson Edition AEV Brute    Filson Edition AEV Brute  EmptyFebruary 14th 2014, 4:24 pm

I loved taking mine out on the trails and putting it through its paces (beating on it). I would have kept mine longer but it had a habit of randomly overheating, and the rear main seal was leaking like crazy. I was thinking about getting a 3 core radiator for it so keep it cool. But tackling the rear main was more than I wanted to get into. Even if I did get it all fixed up it wouldn't been around much longer anyway. Once I had my first kid a two seater just wasn't gonna cut it anymore. One of these days I'll find the pictures I have and post them.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Filson Edition AEV Brute    Filson Edition AEV Brute  EmptyFebruary 14th 2014, 4:59 pm

I threw a couple pics of mine HERE if you haven't seen them yet.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Filson Edition AEV Brute    Filson Edition AEV Brute  EmptyFebruary 14th 2014, 5:54 pm

I was reminiscing in my mind when I saw yours.  drunken 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Filson Edition AEV Brute    Filson Edition AEV Brute  Empty

Back to top Go down

Filson Edition AEV Brute
Page 1 of 1