Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EcoDiesel MPG

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

EcoDiesel MPG Empty
PostSubject: EcoDiesel MPG   EcoDiesel MPG EmptyNovember 20th 2013, 4:17 pm

Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Posts Impressive Number In Real MPG

Quote :
Even without official EPA figures, we were fairly confident the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel would top the 1/2-ton truck segment in fuel economy. Ironically, it's closest competition was the Ram 1500 equipped with the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and eight-speed automatic, which achieved up to 18 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, depending on configuration. Subjected to Motor Trend's recently instituted "Real MPG" tests, conducted using scientific exhaust analyzers and a standardized 88-mile route, the 2014 Ram EcoDiesel 4x4 achieved 19 city and 26 highway with the shorter 3.92 axle ratio, and 18 city, 28 highway with the taller 3.55 axle ratio. That puts its combined fuel economy figure at 21-22 mpg. For a 3-ton truck with up to a 9200-pound towing capacity, that's a highly respectable figure.

With only 240 hp compared with the Ford EcoBoost's 365 or the Hemi's 395, the VM Motori-sourced 3.0-liter V-6 diesel doesn't exactly leap for the horizon with top-end power, but the 420 lb-ft of torque, combined with the abundance of ratios of the TorqueFlite 8 make the EcoDiesel a torquey, relaxed cruiser that's comfortable doing double-duty as a commuter as well as an occasional toy hauler for a travel trailer, boat or personal watercrafts.

We know a new 2015 Ford F-150 is coming, but we're not aware of any diesel options for Dearborn's new 1/2-tonner. How will it counter Ram's mileage champ? It's anyone's guess, but it looks like Ram may hold the title for a few years with the segment's only light-duty V-6 diesel.
Truck Trend

Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

EcoDiesel MPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel MPG   EcoDiesel MPG EmptyNovember 20th 2013, 5:59 pm

That's pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

EcoDiesel MPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel MPG   EcoDiesel MPG EmptyNovember 20th 2013, 7:03 pm

I would prefer more like 280hp and 460lbs.

I don't think I will get one of these next time as you can't get one in the sport and I don't like all the chrome on the other models.

plus the 395hp hemi is just too much fun and gets pretty good MPG too with the 8-speed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EcoDiesel MPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel MPG   EcoDiesel MPG Empty

Back to top Go down

EcoDiesel MPG
Page 1 of 1