Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

38+ MPG EcoDiesel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

38+ MPG EcoDiesel Empty
PostSubject: 38+ MPG EcoDiesel   38+ MPG EcoDiesel EmptyMay 9th 2014, 6:22 pm

Hypermiling a Ram 1500 EcoDiesel to 38.1 mpg

38+ MPG EcoDiesel Image197

Quote :
The truck in question was a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Limited Edition 4x4 with Crew Cab decked out with all sorts of luxury features to reach a $58,015 price tag. That means it had the customer preferred package that adds a leather-wrapped steering wheel, 20-inch wheels with chrome inserts and a pair of Ramboxes. Most importantly, for our mileage purposes, it had a 3.0-liter V6 EcoDiesel engine with an eight-speed automatic transmission.

Catch the rest of the story HERE
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

38+ MPG EcoDiesel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 38+ MPG EcoDiesel   38+ MPG EcoDiesel EmptyMay 10th 2014, 12:24 am

Holy crap! Shocked 
$20K in options since a tradesman with the EcoD can be had for around $36K.

Impressive #s none the less.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

38+ MPG EcoDiesel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 38+ MPG EcoDiesel   38+ MPG EcoDiesel EmptyMay 13th 2014, 10:09 am

Think most reasonable people understand the increase in MPG comes with additional cost.  Cost comparison the Corvette Stingray starts at $53k.

The market truck market on upper end trim trucks continues to expand, customers are buying.  Though one wonders if it's truly customers are buying and owing, or they're simply extending themselves financially to obtain the upper trims.

Hard to qualify an economy that supports the $58k truck or vehicle market for the masses.  Or the possibility the trend in buying at the top end is supported on false pretenses.

Inflation is likely more of a factor than official channels have espoused.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

38+ MPG EcoDiesel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 38+ MPG EcoDiesel   38+ MPG EcoDiesel EmptyMay 13th 2014, 2:49 pm

joemac wrote:
Think most reasonable people understand the increase in MPG comes with additional cost.  

The same MPG can be had for $36K that is what I was pointing out. A Diesel Ram tradesman of the same configuration can be had for $36K or $20K less than the loaded up Big Horn version. So maybe $5K in the air suspension/trailer tow and another $15K for bells/whistles.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

38+ MPG EcoDiesel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 38+ MPG EcoDiesel   38+ MPG EcoDiesel EmptyMay 14th 2014, 12:26 pm

Looks like whatever I finally replace my current truck with is going to be used. That's just too much money for a new one.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

38+ MPG EcoDiesel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 38+ MPG EcoDiesel   38+ MPG EcoDiesel EmptyMay 14th 2014, 2:24 pm

$58k for a half ton with itty bitty bed, just incredible when absorbing the picture of the market in it's entirety.

I like buying used when the opportunity is right and not taking the initial hit on deprecation, again when it makes financial sense. There are some cases especially with trucks in certain circumstances there's little difference in two year old truck with 24k miles and a new truck with $8k or more in incentives.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

38+ MPG EcoDiesel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 38+ MPG EcoDiesel   38+ MPG EcoDiesel EmptyMay 14th 2014, 4:49 pm

I know in my neck of the woods, the demand for trucks is high enough that even used trucks are crazily priced. Sucks, but it is what it is.
'You gotta pay if you wanna play!'
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

38+ MPG EcoDiesel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 38+ MPG EcoDiesel   38+ MPG EcoDiesel EmptyMay 15th 2014, 12:51 am

The ole 6.5TD isn't a powerhouse or mileage king but it is paid for!
At 5K miles/year it makes no sense to replace it yet.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

38+ MPG EcoDiesel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 38+ MPG EcoDiesel   38+ MPG EcoDiesel EmptyMay 15th 2014, 1:56 pm

joemac wrote:
$58k for a half ton with itty bitty bed, just incredible when absorbing the picture of the market in it's entirety.

I like buying used when the opportunity is right and not taking the initial hit on deprecation, again when it makes financial sense.  There are some cases especially with trucks in certain circumstances there's little difference in two year old truck with 24k miles and a new truck with $8k or more in incentives.

That's exactly how I ended up with the truck I have now. It was taking up room on the lot that was filling up with the next model year. The dealer wanted it gone so it was discounted, and it qualified for the factory incentives, discounts. For a few hundred more I got a new truck instead of used. It was a proud moment for me because it was the first new truck I ever bought  Very Happy . The way prices are now though, it may be the last  38+ MPG EcoDiesel 3770631754 .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

38+ MPG EcoDiesel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 38+ MPG EcoDiesel   38+ MPG EcoDiesel Empty

Back to top Go down

38+ MPG EcoDiesel
Page 1 of 1