Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Speed Channel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

Speed Channel Empty
PostSubject: Speed Channel   Speed Channel EmptyMarch 3rd 2013, 2:00 pm

Speed Channel Speed_zps2005c9c4

Say Goodbye To SPEED And Hello To Fox Sports 1

Quote :
Fox Sports is expected to announce this month its plans for Charlotte-based Speed channel.

While motorsports will continue to be a big chunk of programming, the company is likely to retire the Speed name late this summer and replace it with a channel called 'Fox Sports 1'.

This would provide Fox a platform to broaden the channel’s focus into other sports, including content drawn from the network’s NFL and Major League Baseball contracts.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/03/01/3884099/mark-washburn-speed-channel-rebranding.html#.UTNc3qeZeAw.twitter#storylink=cpy

While it's going to remain a sports channel, I'll definitely miss the fact that it was almost entirely devoted to automotive events and shows. There's already enough sports channels out there that cover everything else. Do they really need to butcher this one too?
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

Speed Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Channel   Speed Channel EmptyMarch 3rd 2013, 2:16 pm

I hear you. They use to cover lots of motorcycle racing but hardly any now. Speed was doing well when Nascar was popular. As if we need more football, basketball, baseball coverage.

Fox is heavy handed with cable and satellite contract negotiations. This was probably a way to corner the market and squeeze more money out of our pockets. I wonder if they needed FCC approval.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Speed Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Channel   Speed Channel EmptyMarch 3rd 2013, 2:58 pm

That just sucks. Wasn't ESPN 1 2 3 4 5 or however many there are enough to cover ballgames. Not to mention there is already a Fox sports and numerous other sports outlets.

Quote :
This was probably a way to corner the market and squeeze more money out of our pockets

I can see that. You already need a league pass or some other kind of subscription to all the games. I guess if some of the things I watch are going to require another pay channel that my package doesn't already cover than I will just have to miss out. I already dropped my cable/satellite bill down, and I'm not gonna put it back up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speed Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Channel   Speed Channel Empty

Back to top Go down

Speed Channel
Page 1 of 1