Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time Lapse Video of concrete pour

Go down 
+3
Diesel Dan
joemac
bones
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bones

bones

Time Lapse Video of concrete pour Empty
PostSubject: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 19th 2013, 10:01 am

I did this from one of my security cameras, put all the motion clips together and sped up 64x. It is start to finish from ground prep and forming all the way to pouring of a 20x44 concrete pad we did outside my garage. We poured on two seperate days.

Thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 19th 2013, 12:40 pm

That's pretty slick. Lot more too it than pouring it and watch it dry.

Pretty cool to watch at x64 speed, you guys look like ants. Smile
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 19th 2013, 1:40 pm

Very nice!
Can't wait until I get concrete in my shed let alone a approach.

joemac wrote:
 Lot more too it than pouring it and watch it dry.
Actually I believe you can just frame pour and watch dry. Only thing to really be worried about is high spots, for the lows just add more concrete. Biggest thing is to make sure the base is compacted well and since this was a driveway in use for a few years compaction is done.

Jim,
I didn't see any wire mesh or did you add fiber to the mix?
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 19th 2013, 1:44 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
Very nice!
Can't wait until I get concrete in my shed let alone a approach.

Actually I believe you can just frame pour and watch dry. Only thing to really be worried about is high spots, for the lows just add more concrete. Biggest thing is to make sure the base is compacted well and since this was a driveway in use for a few years compaction is done.

Jim,
I didn't see any wire mesh or did you add fiber to the mix?
Due to my budget constraints (wife), I elected not to purchase the sheets of wire mesh. I did have fiber added to the 3500psi concrete when I ordered. The hardest part is having the man power to get the concrete off the truck and screed it. Everything else is easy. Just bull float it a few times, then finish float, add your edges/cut lines and broom it. Luckily my father in law used to do this back in the day so he did most of the work.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 19th 2013, 2:34 pm

It should be fine with just the fiber, we did a 20yd pour in my old place with just fiber and no wire. New shop will have wire w/o fiber for a better finish but outside the fiber should be just fine.

BTW, aren't front discharge trucks so much nicer?!
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 19th 2013, 2:41 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
BTW, aren't front discharge trucks so much nicer?!
Yes, much much nicer. I tried to get the same driver/truck on day 2 when I called to release the load but he was already out on another project at 7am. When I saw that old rig I was disappointed. Alot of raking, moving the truck, and moving the shute by hand. Got it done, just more work.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 19th 2013, 9:02 pm

The fiber works well as it is 3 dimensional. I have driven both types of those concrete trucks, each has its advantages. Driveway looks real nice. Keep it wet as you can for the first thirty days. If done properly, concrete will cure to almost twice its designed strength when it is kept wet and slow cured.
Good luck with it, don't use rock salt on it in the winter. Seal it as soon as you can.

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 19th 2013, 9:13 pm

Looks good. I bet that's normally pretty expensive to do.
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 19th 2013, 9:15 pm

TheQuig wrote:
The fiber works well as it is 3 dimensional. I have driven both types of those concrete trucks, each has its advantages. Driveway looks real nice. Keep it wet as you can for the first thirty days. If done properly, concrete will cure to almost twice its designed strength when it is kept wet and slow cured.
Good luck with it, don't use rock salt on it in the winter. Seal it as soon as you can.
I am keeping it nice and wet as much as I can when I get home from work. What type of sealer? I didn't have any plans for it, but if it helps keep it nice, I will look into it.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 20th 2013, 4:17 pm

Just go to a mason supply store ( usually at a concrete yard). They come in gallon jugs. I don't remember how many square feet they cover, but that will be on the label. As soon as it's cured and your not going to water it any more put it on and it will seal it for a couple of years, makes a big difference in the life of the concrete. In the meantime, keep it as wet as possible. You will know when it is cured as the water will stay on top and no longer evaporate and sink in.

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 20th 2013, 4:29 pm

A few things.  

1st, that's cool.
2nd, cool video.  Goes to show how much work is really involved.
3rd,  I love the part's where (I'm guessing it was your kid) came out to help.  
I say that because I have a saying about when my kids help.  

Thanks for all the help,  with out it, it would have taken half as long. Smile   

There are a few other things I could ad but I'll leave it at this.  

You have got to put this music to that video!!!!! Exclamation  bounce 
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 12:07 pm

bones wrote:
TheQuig wrote:
I am keeping it nice and wet as much as I can when I get home from work. What type of sealer? I didn't have any plans for it, but if it helps keep it nice, I will look into it.
A bit off topic but how do you like the John Deere so far?
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 12:49 pm

rustbucket wrote:
bones wrote:
TheQuig wrote:
A bit off topic but how do you like the John Deere so far?
Love it. Best SCUT out there today, and not just cuz it's green. I also have the ride over 60" mower. Simply drive over it and it is auto connect. Litterally takes a minute to connect and unconnect. Same with the loader and the backhoe, easy on, easy off!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Video of concrete pour   Time Lapse Video of concrete pour Empty

Back to top Go down

Time Lapse Video of concrete pour
Page 1 of 1