Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"New" daily driver

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 11th 2021, 12:47 pm

Picked up a 2000 Blazer 4dr 4x4 to daily drive instead of my CCLB Duramax.
Took awhile to find a lower mileage, unmolested one. Only a LS, rust free with 169K miles for $2,000.
Drove it 2 hours home, no major issues. Has little things that need to be addressed like cruise not working, power windows slow, tires need balancing, shocks etc. Think I'm 3rd owner, guy I bought it from had it since 06/2004.

Would be neat to someday swap a Cummins 2.8R into it.

"New" daily driver Blazer10
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 11th 2021, 1:26 pm

Good luck with it. We bought one new in 95. kept it until 2002 when I bought my DMax. No major repairs, usual repairs along the way.

Diesel Dan

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 11th 2021, 5:01 pm

It's our 3rd S-Blazer.
The first was a 1999 LS we bought as a lease return back in '02. Liked it the best but rust belt took it's toll. Second was a 1998 LT bought in 2012 that was out of georgia. Drove it until ~2019 and daughter used it to deliver mail for a while at the end. Had about 250k on it and was a little rough around the edges from the mail route.

Neighbor has a 2000 GMC Jimmy Diamond edition with blown motor. Thought about that because it's so loaded but didn't fell like taking time to get it running. Engine, possible trans isssue, cat converter gone.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 15th 2021, 1:21 am

$2000? .... you're way ahead of the game especially when you consider the price of new vehicles. Love Mrs. rustbucket's Ram 1500 but it doesn't seem all that long ago you could buy a house for what that thing costs.

pup likes this post

Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 15th 2021, 2:26 am

Rusty, glad to see you're still around!
Still cold up there? Smile

Just placed a $800 rockauto order.
Bilstein front shocks, ball joints, tie rods, motor mounts, control arm bushings, all jounce bumpers, oil filters, air filter, wiper blades, diff gasket....etc

I like to get the suspension in order so they handle good. Brakes are all good and it still had original ball joints, amazingly.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 15th 2021, 10:58 am

When the Blazer first came out in the early 90's we happened to be in Florida visiting relatives. My father in law had also flown down and we were talking about the Blazer. We went to a Chevy dealer and took a test drive. During the drive I asked the salesman about the price of one in 4X4. He asked why would we need 4 wheel drive? We told him "for snow". His next question was "Your not from Florida"? He was done, took us back to the dealership and got out of the Blazer without saying a word. He couldn't be bothered.
Both we and my father in law bought new Blazers after that. Father in law ended up buying a second one after about 5 years and over 150,000 miles. Sold his first to a nurse that worked in his office.

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 15th 2021, 11:01 pm

Dan, weather has been crazy here .... 17" of snow last weekend, hit 57 today and a tornado watch for tonight.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 16th 2021, 2:08 am

rustbucket wrote:
Dan, weather has been crazy here .... 17" of snow last weekend, hit 57 today and a tornado watch for tonight.
Wow, you can keep the tornados, we've had enough down here for a while.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 16th 2021, 10:02 am

Yesterday when I got up I asked Google the weather. High of 51, low of 42, and a Typhoon warning. No mention of a Typhoon on any weather app or TV. I mentioned that to my wife, she said one of her students heard the same thing.

Diesel Dan

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 16th 2021, 1:14 pm

Typhoon, lol!
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 17th 2021, 2:00 am

11 degrees out on the way home today- if you don't like the weather, just wait 24 hours
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 17th 2021, 10:03 am

67 yesterday afternoon on my way home from school. This is crazy!

pup

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyDecember 17th 2021, 12:06 pm

AC one day here, freezing temps the next. Be in the mid 70s here today. 29 Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver EmptyJanuary 25th 2022, 10:09 pm

Chance of snow here tomorrow. Itd be the second of th year if it does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"New" daily driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" daily driver   "New" daily driver Empty

Back to top Go down

"New" daily driver
Page 1 of 1