Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are you worried about the Corona virus?

Go down 
+2
theshyguy
TheQuig
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Are you worried about the Corona virus? Empty
PostSubject: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 5th 2020, 9:26 pm

I think this is something to be concerned about. I also think the media wants you to worry so you keep tuning in. While I wouldn't day I'm stocked up for the apocalypse, I do have supplies to keep me out of the stores if need be.
If it turns up in the schools, I'll just turn down the work.

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 6th 2020, 12:44 am

It seems pretty serious but I think it'll pass pretty quick.

I was surprised to see Italy closed ALL schools across the country for 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 6th 2020, 7:52 pm

Today at school we were told to get 10 - 1/2 hour lessons plans that are interactive. The student can submit them online, we can correct them and give them their grade.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 9th 2020, 1:42 am

TheQuig wrote:
The student can submit them online, we can correct them and give them their grade.
That would require the neighbors to go to the public library. Are you worried about the Corona virus? 2335134535
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 9th 2020, 9:29 pm

We are taking count of how many students have/have not internet at home.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 12th 2020, 6:25 pm

Did you get a final count?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 12th 2020, 7:25 pm

Yes we now know. Problem is most teachers haven't been given the time to work on the interactive lesson plans.
I wish they would cancel school and get it over with.
My daughter is flying back to school on Saturday. That has got me worried. The school sent her an email today saying they are not going to close. Once she gets there, if they close we have friends close by but their health is very poor. I really don't want her to bring the virus to their house.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 12th 2020, 8:55 pm

Just curious if you can release percentages of internet users?
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 13th 2020, 2:08 am

We were suppose to go to Disneyland this week but decided against it. Glad we did.

Hawaiian Air has discount flights so we signed up for something in early June. Hopefully covid19 fizzles out by then. The Hawaiian resorts haven't dropped their rates much yet so we'll keep checking.

The pandemic sure has the stock market in a tizzy. It might be on pace to drop at least 40% from the highs.

Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 13th 2020, 11:05 am

Diseasel wrote:

The pandemic sure has the stock market in a tizzy. It might be on pace to drop at least 40% from the highs.

Have been on the sidelines waiting to buy, time to buy fast approaching.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 13th 2020, 3:23 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
Just curious if you can release percentages of internet users?

In the school were I have been working 90% have internet at home.

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 13th 2020, 3:25 pm

This morning my daughter was notified her college in Georgia will be closed for 3 more weeks. One extended Spring break and 2 weeks of online classes after that.

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 14th 2020, 7:02 pm

We received notice today, school is closed until further notice. Starting Monday home schooling by internet. All administrators, custodians, nurses must still report to school.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 14th 2020, 8:40 pm

LOL, maybe this will help address the lack of land based rural internet.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 14th 2020, 10:03 pm

It would be nice if it did. At best, our friends in Georgia have spotty internet and cell coverage.

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 15th 2020, 1:46 pm

The lines at costco are crazy. I stopped this morning for gas 1.5hrs before the doors opened and people were already lined up around the building with shopping carts.

I fear it will be worse in the inner cities with high density living, elevators, subways, bus system, etc. And the bad thing is that's the way city planners are pushing things these days even in the burbs with high density condos built on top of retail shops and businesses. No thanks!

Of course the covid19 case #'s are way understated with not enough test kits and asymptomatic spreading of the virus. Even when there are enough kits the #'s will be backward looking by about two weeks. Once things start to settle though there should be some good stock market and travel deals.

I'm not sure what will be left of the economy though with more deficit spending, ridiculously low interest rates, company and municipal debt. One hot spot to watch is Illinois and it's pension/debt debacle. Thank gawd we finally sold our property there before this all hit.

They say physical gold is holding value better than stock market's non-gold backed ETF and futures (gld, /gc, /mgc). The gold futures and ETF is dropping as people sell them to pay off margin calls.

Stuff like this reminds you why it's good to have an ample supply of bullets.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 15th 2020, 7:47 pm

It is crazy out there! Friday I went to Costco to get some last minute items. The parking lot was full. As I went to get in the check out line, it went all the way to the back end of the store. It moved very fast and I was at a check out within 10 minutes. Today, going to my brothers farm to shoot, the roads were less full then I have seen in a long time. I have gold and ammo and hoping to ride this out.

Yesterday I checked in with my elderly neighbors. They aren't at all worried. They are 83 years old and said they are already on borrowed time and will check in with me to make sure I'm okay.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 16th 2020, 1:56 pm

TheQuig wrote:

Yesterday I checked in with my elderly neighbors. They aren't at all worried. They are 83 years old and said they are already on borrowed time and will check in with me to make sure I'm okay.
Unfortunately they are the demograph that is likely to suffer.
When they go to get that loaf of bread they only buy once every other week, medication, milk....4 pack of toilet paper etc.
They really don't know how crazy it's getting.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 16th 2020, 3:39 pm

Schools closed here for the next week or so. Probably going to be longer. Some talk that its going to be for the rest of the school year.
Work is having everyone work from home, but me and my 2 guys had to come in to enable that to happen and to get everyone setup at home. The Expendables.

Wife and son were off today, had them go and buy 2 weeks worth of groceries before things get really crazy.

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 16th 2020, 6:52 pm

In the high school that I work most at and my wife is there full time, as of today only 1 student did not have internet. Comcast is connecting that student for free. My wife is optimistic, thinks we will be back in school in 3- 4 weeks. I think the school year is done. I will have to drive to Georgia and bring my daughters belongings home or to our friends house. Then bring her car home.
My son that works in an auto shop still has to go to work, but the rest of us (except me) have been told to work from home. I asked the principal if I can sub from home. It took him a few seconds and them laughed. Maybe I can get unemployment to help out. Normally as a sub I can't collect during summer but this is my usual busy time of year. Probably not but who knows.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 17th 2020, 8:16 pm

Really wonder how some of the kids around us are going to handle this.
There has to be pockets with no cell reception due to the hills, no cable and only land line phones.

Today was another day I showed 4G on the phone but no internet access at the house.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 17th 2020, 8:49 pm

My wife has been told not to teach anything new, just review. Kids will graduate with 3/4 year education. She is still optimistic that we will get back to school. Not me!

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 18th 2020, 2:17 am

I think the kids are done here too. We were told our son will receive online study materials. The state will ask to waive the normal standardized testing and has no plans to extend the school year. It's a crazy year. Gotta wonder if this will be a sign of the times.

We're still hoping to go to Hawaii at the end of May but I think it's getting less likely. They say the covid19 case trend isn't expected to roll over for a few weeks and not to expect a vaccine until mid to late summer at the soonest. I would bet the government cuts corners to expedite the vaccine's release.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 18th 2020, 5:33 pm

If this strain has similar containment/cure/illness etc as the 1918 version it will take a yr+ to get back to normal.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 19th 2020, 8:51 am

They extended school closures here til 4/3, but will re-evaulate before then. Resturants and bars are closed, take out only on resturants. No groups of over 10 people, even in the tiny town I'm in.

99% of my company is working from home, they are still asking me to come in to keep remote access for the rest of them going. I'm firmly in the high risk category with my heart issues, so we are going to talk about that today.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 19th 2020, 12:34 pm

My wife is putting in at least 10 hours a day with this learning from home. She is going to stop answering student emails after 6:00 pm. All day long she is going over the lessons, correcting mistakes and doing videos for her 3 math classes. Then, students that didn't go online for the lessons want their questions answered at night. Not her fault if the students are not doing the lessons during school hours.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 19th 2020, 12:38 pm

I've got our phone system setup to forward support calls to employee cell phones...in the office, they just ignore the ring and let it roll to the next person, but now, when it's forwarded to their phones, they have to answer or it dumps the caller into their voicemail...and they were bitching about that. I told them the quickest, easiest fix is to quit being lazy and answer the damn phone when it rings.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 19th 2020, 4:25 pm

Some people think work from home means a vacation.

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 19th 2020, 9:54 pm

Everything hitting the fan at once is a tough pill to swallow - Boeing caught with it's pants down, oil war, and the covid19 recession/depression. I can't believe there's any chance of saving the multitude of industries. Today the all important movie theater industry asked for a government hand out!?

And $1000 per person isn't gonna make me want to eat out and see a movie. Is it just me or would it be cheaper to write a script for everyone (resmedvir, quinolone, etc), let everyone socialize to their heart's content, and only take the med when you feel ill?

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? EmptyMarch 20th 2020, 2:21 am

The $1000 to $1200 per person will help me make up some of the money I am losing by being out of work.

PostSubject: Re: Are you worried about the Corona virus?   Are you worried about the Corona virus? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you worried about the Corona virus?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: