Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another school story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Another school story Empty
PostSubject: Another school story   Another school story EmptyJune 4th 2018, 7:17 pm

I just found out today while working for the Vocational District that two twins that I have in class in the Lakehurst Academy several times a week are in a few movies and a TV show called " Electric Dreams". I have to admit I never heard of the show or any of the movies they have been in. I can't tell one from the other, they are normal students and don't stand out over the other students. The school is a Performing Arts Academy on the Naval Base at Lakehurst. The school is a county run school inside the hangar where the Hindenburg blew up. I don't know why the school is on the base, but we will be moving in a year or so when the new ones is completed on a college campus.
http://zakkandxander.com/

PostSubject: Re: Another school story   Another school story EmptyJune 10th 2018, 11:46 pm

They do look identical in their pictures.

Any idea what will take the space of the school when it moves?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Another school story   Another school story EmptyJune 11th 2018, 4:35 pm

The school is unbelievably narrow to begin with. I don't know if they will take it apart or not. Right now there is a small mock up of an aircraft carrier and an old A-6 from what I can tell. The rest is all containers that look like they can fit 2 on a truck, the kind you see on ships. It is so big inside you just can't imagine how much room is still vacant. I want to get some pictures but I first have to find out if it is allowed or not.

PostSubject: Re: Another school story   Another school story EmptyJune 12th 2018, 12:37 am

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Another school story   Another school story EmptyJune 12th 2018, 4:55 pm

That is really old and rusty. I don't know if you can tell from the map, but the blocks and steel at one time moved on railroad tracks to open and are still there.  Where the lone black van is parked is where I park.  If you look at the hangar in 3D, you can see on the side the windows that are where the school is. The school is not part of the hangar, so even though they have the windows, over the years the dirt buildup stops you from looking outside much of the time as there is no way to wash inside the windows. It's a building inside a building. The school runs the length of the hangar, 3 stories high, but I've never been on the third floor, I believe it is just storage. So 1 classroom wide with a hallway. Only in one section on the first floor are there a few classrooms on the interior side.  New construction has started on a new Academy which will be on the County College campus. I don't like the idea of having 9th graders on a campus with college students.

PostSubject: Re: Another school story   Another school story Empty

Back to top Go down

Another school story
Page 1 of 1