Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related

Go down 
+3
toyboxrv
TheQuig
joemac
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joemac

joemac

Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related Empty
PostSubject: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 4:02 pm

rustbucket wrote:
I gave up on football years ago. I'll still watch a game now and then but my enthusiasm has been long gone and you can blame Bud Adams and the Houston Oilers for that. Screwing over the fans at taxpayer expense has its limits.

Two bit politicians cry that they don't have enough money for cops, firefighters, schools, roads and bridges but some billionaire wants a new stadium for his team ... no problem. The voter/taxpayer gets shut completely out of the process in most cases and in places where they still get a say (referendums) the jackasses go ahead and build it anyways even when it's turn down by the voters.

That's the price we pay for a disengaged public. They can tell you who won on American Idol and all about underinflated footballs but ask them about who their governor or senator is, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the IRS scandal, etc., etc, etc. ... they haven't a clue.

Same thing happened here.

City of Arlington claimed eminent domain, booted people from their property to build the new stadium. Then the tax payers paid for most of, I can't remember the total nearly $2 billion cost for the place. Yet Jerry is worth about $4 to $5 billion. Same song and dance city borrows money on bonds to build the place for him. They keep harping on all the jobs from the place. Yea a big $8.50 an hour and then Jerry wants us to pay $50+ to park, and $200 a ticket he gets to pocket, all the tickets, concessions, apparel, beer, all of it. Citizens get to pay for the place. What a gig. This is now a common occurrence in many cities across the US. It's spread too. Baseball, basketball.

They've ruined football, basketball, Nascar, trying to ruin baseball. It's all downhill from here. STill watch some baseball, attend my little double AA team locally on occasion rarely watch any of it anymore, much less attend any of it.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 5:43 pm

toyboxrv wrote:
Mittens didn't make the tax code. The dollar amount he paid in taxes was far greater than your gross pay. He did say that we should eliminate many of the tax shelters that help the wealthy. Regardless of what you want to believe 47% did not pay any Federal income tax. Not a flat out lie at all.

Quote :
My step son claimed two children and head of household which left him with a zero tax. He got 2k for the child credit and the rest from giving him back what little he paid in plus a large earned income credit. He paid maybe 2 - 3k in total taxes, but was given back 8k. Something wrong with our tax laws and it wasn't Mittens who created that.

Mittens is a politician.  He's his political elite control everything that gets legislated.  He and his financial elite buddies benefit.  Politicians never lie to us right?  No, they lie to us constantly.  Notice once his 47% statement was out in public, Mittens didn't try stepping up to the chalk board  to explain his math calculation and what American should do as the connotation would allude.  Tax the 47%.  That's the implied solution.  He didn't do that because the math doesn't compute..  Much like CPI, jobs numbers, GDP, housing, it's all a concocted lie.  There's zero truth in what they spouse.

Quote :
He needs more opportunity from the economy to be able to make more, but it would have helped if he finished high school. So many whine about their situation when they brought it on themselves.

Some are of the belief and ethic you make your opportunity.  If your not out there trying, not much opportunity is going to come knocking.  Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related Profoundlydisconnected  Before I went to a trade school, I was earning $8 to $13k annually.  Graduated with a job making $32k and live comfortably now.  Millions across the land have similar or like stories.  Along the entire way through my life I have always contributed more into FICA than I ever received back on any return throughout my entire life.  

Somehow extrapolating your stepson's alleged tax return boon, into the entire 47% of the population simply isn't so.  Part of me says how much do we really expect someone raking in $18k to pay into to fund all the wars while the elite and politicians are lining their pockets with profit?  \t's kids like your stepson or similar in age actually fight the wars, die, become maimed for life, or are simply physiologically different when they come back.  The people that profit from all the wars certainly aren't paying for any of it.  Not in human capital, not in monetary capital, but they sure are on the receiving end of the profit.  It's further amazing how they can convince the public of these narratives.  Dept of Veteran affairs budget is now over $160 billion annually and projected to skyrocket over the next decade even if we stopped the war thing now.  This is the monetary burden the US tax payer gets saddle with to pay for wars that we fought decades previous.  Its easy to assess who pays for our charades.

Maybe your right we should simply go after the 47% and demand they start paying for all of our international charades.  Just start bumping their brackets up to 30 and 40%, eliminate any credits or deductions.   Let's go after the 3,400 homeless veterans out in LA right now and demand they pay into the system since they're part of the 47%  http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-homeless-encampments-20150125-story.html  There's about 50,000 homeless veterans in the country.  Put them all in Cowboy's stadium they would fill about half the seats.  Donate apparell, have them hang out with Tony and Jerry, grab some consessions.  That would be the best use of that stadium ever.  

It would seem that many in this country have already paid in human tax, many more times than than Mittens has ever actually contributed monetarily.

We used to pay for all the charades (war bonds for WWI And WWII), and the people that benefited from the profiteering the ones most able to pay, paid a considerable sum.  Go figure.  Not any longer.

The numbers have changed slightly for your stepson.  Before it was $1400 in total with FICA, SS, MC, now it's $2-$3k.  The amount paid in is 200 to 300 percent more than what was originally stated.

It's not hard to figure out.  The top income earners are paying less than at anytime in recent history.  

Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related Lets-begin-with-a-look-at-the-top-income-tax-bracket-since-the-federal-income-tax-was-started-in-1913-as-you-can-see-relative-to-history-its-currently-very-low

This is income.  Most of the top tax bracket ain't making their millions and billion on "income" they get theirs on "capital gains" which at a much lower rate than the "income" earners.

Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related Percent_of_Income_from_Capital_Gains_and_Dividends_%282006%29

The low and middle class earns vast amount of it its wealth through the higher taxed "income", not the lower taxed capital gains.

Comedian Lewis Black said it best......

“It’s amazing that they have convinced a group of people to bust out of their double wides, dressed as Ben Franklin, holding a kite in one hand and a key in the other, screaming, ‘Don’t tax the rich!'” ..............pause.................. “If a group of people, leaders, can convince a group of folks, who barely have a pot to piss in, that the rich shouldn't be taxed................. that is leadership.”
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 6:11 pm

Nice topic title. I think it covered all the bases. Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related 233199915

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 9:46 pm

I never said we should tax the 47%, but the truth is that 47% of people do not pay income tax. No where did I say that those people don't pay any taxes. My parents for their last 10 years lived off SS payments and meager interest on bank CDs. As a result they didn't have any income tax liability and were a part of the 47%. I never thought they should pay more tax.

You're confusing what I've said into taxing some people more. Point is 47% don't pay in and may get more out than they ever contribute and then complain about it. Those people would vote for Obama instead of Mitt and he knew that. Right now Obama wants to increase the child credit and expand education beyond high school. To bad he doesn't have a plan to pay for it, although Jerry Jones might be a good place to start.

Income inequality has grown since the formation of Johnson's Great Society. It's too much of a way of life instead of a safety net. At least FDR offered jobs on public projects as a safety net. Work or quit complaining should be the mantra, but any politician promoting that would miss out on an immediate 47% of the vote.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 25th 2015, 12:17 am

I never understood the child tax credit. Why am I subsidizing other people's reproduction needs?

Flat tax with incredibly few exemptions for anything or anyone. I have no issue with the IRS. There needs to be an agency to make sure people are paying their taxes in full and also not overpaying. But when it becomes such a huge agency that it has become, OBVIOUSLY the tax code is too complicated.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 25th 2015, 6:00 pm

Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 27th 2015, 12:16 pm

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 27th 2015, 1:38 pm

The next big financial crisis will be college loans. They will make the housing bubble bust look like small potatoes.
While the government tells us the economy is growing and jobs are growing, I see no sign of this. Wall street stocks once again are over inflated. The good investments are gold, silver, and firearms.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 27th 2015, 2:04 pm

Largest number of Americans dropped out of the workforce in all of our history. 93 million.

Need unemployment numbers to drop? Just stop counting them. Easy. Gubbment 101
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 27th 2015, 4:04 pm

pup wrote:
Largest number of Americans dropped out of the workforce in all of our history. 93 million.

Need unemployment numbers to drop? Just stop counting them. Easy. Gubbment 101

That's exactly what they do!

Breathing Borla

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 27th 2015, 6:04 pm

TheQuig wrote:

While the government tells us the economy is growing and jobs are growing, I see no sign of this.

actually it's doing pretty good around here. We have been and are hiring. We even had an inspection on vacant land for a new subdivision recently, I could hardly believe that one.

we had our best year ever last year. (knock on wood)

2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 , 33" Cooper ST Maxx on RW Wheels (sold)
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 27th 2015, 6:23 pm

People fleeing the inner city combat zones...lol
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 27th 2015, 8:54 pm

And Apple just reported sales of 74.4 I'll ions iphones in the last quarter (not year) and a profit in the same quarter of $18 billion. That was the largest quarterly profit by any company ever. Lemmings........
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 28th 2015, 2:44 pm

Think of the wealth being lost to those expensive phone plans.

The majority of people do not have a ROI on the money they spend for their data plans. Yes there are many that use them for and write off the expense for business use but many more do not.

How many people do you know that are spending upwards of $2K/yr just for phone plans? Just for entertainment basically and that's not counting going to the movies, cable, internet, Netflix, Xbox etc.

There is SOME job creation but nowhere near as rosy as the G-man says, IMO.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 28th 2015, 3:22 pm

This year, my Verizon wireless will cost me $4,200. Just typing that upsets me. We have 5 smart phones with unlimited text and 5 tablets with 4G and Wi-fi.
A month ago my middle son broke is smart phone and I am not going to pay for another one. Lately he had been carrying his tablet in his pocket and except for phone service uses it for text, internet, etc.... I warned him not to carry it in his pocket and out of his Otter Box. Today I found it with the screen shattered. I'm trying to keep calm but at 1:54 pm when he gets in from school I'm going to read him the riot act and take back a check I gave him for Christmas.

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 29th 2015, 11:46 am

http://news.yahoo.com/main-greek-bank-stocks-slump-quarter-155444315.html

Greece is about to burn again. A bunch of academics in charge who want to spend more and have their debt forgiven so they can get away with it. They will get what they voted for.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 29th 2015, 12:30 pm

They have no concept of what debt is. There is just an endless supply of money to be controlled and doled out by them.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 29th 2015, 4:38 pm

The Euro currency will cease to exist in the upcoming years.

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 29th 2015, 10:53 pm

pup wrote:
They have no concept of what debt is. There is just an endless supply of money to be controlled and doled out by them.

The US doesn't have any concept either. In 2001 we carried a national debt right at $5.75 trillion. Bush got us to just north of $10. Our current savior has us at $18 trillion with no change in trend in sight.

If it wasn't for being the world reserve currency and the Fed printing endless amounts of cash, we would be by a factor of many times worse off.

Our time is coming. BRICS is well vested into getting rid of having to trade with using USD's.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 30th 2015, 11:21 am

I sometimes wonder, do we really have all the gold that is stored at Fort Knox, or is it a hoax?

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 30th 2015, 11:35 am

There are lots of conspiracy theories about that. I think it'slikely gone. Supposed to also be some I in NY and the Germans want it back but we told them they have to wait a few years.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 30th 2015, 11:39 am

There isn't 18 trillion of it anyway.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 30th 2015, 11:43 am

theshyguy wrote:
There are lots of conspiracy theories about that. I think it'slikely gone. Supposed to also be some I in NY and the Germans want it back but we told them they have to wait a few years.  

I had heard that there was more gold in NY than in Fort Knox.

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 30th 2015, 12:27 pm

The US decoupled the dollar from the gold standard in several steps.  The last was in the early 70's under Nixon.  

No the gold isn't in Fort Knox.  If there was we would have been able to audit it, by now.  Hasn't been an audit of Fort Knox in decades.  This has allowed the Fed to print money, there's nothing backing the dollar.  Federal Reserve Note at the top of the paper.  There's nothing in reserve backing the note.  Occasionally about once ever twenty years a blurry pick will surface calming to be Fort Knox gold.  

Most of the time when something is secret there's something being concealed for reason.

No audit of the Pentagon in decades.  September 10th, 2001 Rumsfeld announced the Pentagon can't account for $2 trillion.  It's on youtube for everyone to see.  No one cares.  Oh well.

Never there has never been an audit of the Federal Reserve accounting that I'm aware. Last time a supposed gold audit was done was in the 50's.  Why?  Because today there's no real assets from the participating banks that make up the Fed backing the printing, there's suppose to be but there's not.

We hold hundreds of billions in reserves supposedly in other countries gold holdings as safe keeping.  Many countries are attempting to repatriate their gold.  The US either refuses to give it back, or takes years, and in cases its not the original gold bullion that that foreign country supplied.  Missing serial numbers, stampings.  One article stated one partial US shipment across the Atlantic was in blobs or had been melted down for unknown unsupplied reasons.

Kennedy toyed with getting use off the Federal Reserve system with Silver Certificates, from the US Treasury, not the Federal Reserve.  This may have been part of the reason he was taken out.  Mess with rich powerful people's game, brings consequences.  Think of a few million dollar drug deal gone south and what happens to people.  Just because it's rich elite white people don't think they're not just as ruthless and evil.  They're likely more tactical and resourceful in settling issues.

Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, and many others all trying to get their gold back.

People have no idea how deep and wide and pure evil the power brokers are in our country.  Good thing we have big bad ass military, we might need it soon if we get caught or piss off the wrong people/countries.

People around the world hate us.  All over Europe.  In Europe over the last two plus years there have been huge marches and protests against the US Federal Reserve system, and their country's entanglement in it.  Marches with thousands and tens of thousands.  Never see it on the news here.  We get endless talk about .048 psi of air pressure in the football.  You know stuff that matters.

Last edited by joemac on January 30th 2015, 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 30th 2015, 12:32 pm

The trend is to get gold out of the US. http://www.cnbc.com/id/102223527

Countries want their gold back. They know we've taken it. They're just trying to get back what they can. Before whatever systemic event occurs.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 30th 2015, 12:37 pm

The Swiss just last week untied the Franc from the Euro, unannounced and unplanned with the ECB or the Fed. Sent a ripple through the market. They are protecting their own from being tied to this fiat currency game that's swallowing the wealth of the world.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 30th 2015, 12:43 pm

The gold isn't there, the cash isn't there...everything is digital now.

Try to travel somewhere with a large amount of cash, you'll be stopped and the cash confiscated. No warrants, no laws, it's just gone. And you can't get it back.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2014/09/06/stop-and-seize/
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 30th 2015, 12:50 pm

Civil forfeiture. Police departments and municipalities use this all the time. IT's been supported by the judicial as lawful. Supposedly to fight "war on drugs". All states do it. Texas, Nevada, South Carolina. It's likely easier to note the states that have not been involved in such.

When assets are taken, usually cash. This is used or blown. The cash never makes it back into the budget to offset any expenditures.

This is extortion, but with a badge.

Same thing the US Justice department does. Sue's the banks constantly comes to a settlement. They keep the cash and blow it. It never makes it back to the US Treasure that I can tell.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 30th 2015, 12:59 pm

That's a great article on the civil asset forfeiture and documentary.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related EmptyJanuary 30th 2015, 1:04 pm

http://www.maxkeiser.com/2015/01/bundesbank-announces-repatriation-of-120-tonnes-of-gold-from-paris-and-new-york-federal-reserve/#more-76263

Quote :
However, a curious element to the statement will likely trigger some speculation among those familiar with the gold market. “The Bundesbank took advantage of the transfer from New York to have roughly 50 tonnes of gold melted down and recast according to the London Good Delivery standard, today’s internationally recognised standard.”

Long time observers will note that Germany’s initial request for it’s gold from New York was declined. They were then denied the opportunity to even view their own gold on grounds of “security.”

This led to speculation that the Federal Reserve – who have not had a public audit of gold stocks since 1953 – did not have the gold reserves it was supposed to be custodian of. The immediate melting down of fifty tonnes of gold before it could be publicly audited in Germany will not alleviate these suspicions.

From a wider perspective this story reaffirms the fact that central banks today, the monetary masters of the fiat currencies we use, still view gold as a vital safe haven monetary asset and reserve currency. It also indicates a lack of trust between central banks, a trust which seems to have been further undermined by the chaos created by the apparent unilateral move by Switzerland’s SNB last week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related   Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related Empty

Back to top Go down

Football, Taxes, and most anything indirectly related
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next