Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GM Recalls

Go down 
+5
Diseasel
Scout
ggbaird
Breathing Borla
pup
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyMarch 31st 2014, 6:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyMarch 31st 2014, 6:48 pm

well they lashed toyota with what 1.2 billion in fines for the gas pedal deal where they couldn't find anything wrong with them and I think one person died,

so let's see if they keep it fair

2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 , 33" Cooper ST Maxx on RW Wheels (sold)
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyMarch 31st 2014, 7:15 pm

Detroit News wrote:
GM has now recalled more than 6.3 million vehicles this year — compared with about 800,000 in the United States last year — as it seeks to more aggressively respond to safety issues.

Detroit News
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Scout

Scout

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 1st 2014, 12:51 pm

So the new CEO appoints a new QC guy, next thing you know 7 million in recalls within three months.

So is this encouraging because they want to make sure everything is fixed, or proof of sub par products?

Whatever profit they were reporting is gonna go straight into recalled vehicles. If this keeps up GM is going to be asking for another bailout in no time.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 1st 2014, 4:09 pm

It's got to hurt the bottom line and future sales.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 1st 2014, 6:37 pm

Showroom traffic. Get those old recalls in the shop, while you are here, take a look at this soon to be recalled gem.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 1st 2014, 6:43 pm

Breathing Borla wrote:
well they lashed toyota with what 1.2 billion in fines for the gas pedal deal where they couldn't find anything wrong with them and I think one person died,

For having nothing wrong its interesting that over 8 million vehicle had components addressed: floor mats, accelerator over-ride programming in the PCM, pedal assemblies with shims inserted or replaced entirely.  Lack of Toyota to incorporate the ability to record  history and extract via industry standard readers when the rest of the industry had adopted nearly ten years before Toyota.

We had the guy that pulled into the Delaware or Pennsylvania dealership with his vehicle bouncing off the RPM fuel cut off. He was able to drive it to the dealer. Service reps verified no floor mat wasn't the cause, nor was the pedal stuck. They shut off the car. The condition didn't return. This was broadcast national ABC coverage.

If a person has enough power and money, anything can be white washed.

Example.  The heir to the DuPont family who raped his 3 year old daughter.  Jon Corzine former CEO of GS, former governor of NJ, and CEO of MF Global has $1.2 billion in customer accounts vanish, has no knowledge.  No criminal charges.  No jail.  Shortly after, out fund raising for Barrack.

Enough power, enough money, enough pay-offs, things can be made to fizzle out the way the elite want them.

While we're throwing stones, sincerely hope one's brand of choice doesn't have any recalls.  Our country as a whole isn't in much of a position to politically assistant any more manufacturing in our country.  We don't have much of any cushion to fall back on.  We need to base actions on facts not conjecture.  Though in our reality TV society, that doesn't seem like our country has much capacity for such any longer.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 2nd 2014, 1:51 pm

joemac wrote:
Breathing Borla wrote:

For having nothing wrong its interesting that over 8 million vehicle had components addressed: floor mats, accelerator over-ride programming in the PCM, pedal assemblies with shims inserted or replaced entirely.  Lack of Toyota to incorporate the ability to record  history and extract via industry standard readers when the rest of the industry had adopted nearly ten years before Toyota.

We had the guy that pulled into the Delaware or Pennsylvania dealership with his vehicle bouncing off the RPM fuel cut off.  He was able to drive it to the dealer.  Service reps verified no floor mat wasn't the cause, nor was the pedal stuck.  They shut off the car.  The condition didn't return.  This was broadcast national ABC coverage.

If a person has enough power and money, anything can be white washed.

Example.  The heir to the DuPont family who raped his 3 year old daughter.  Jon Corzine former CEO of GS, former governor of NJ, and CEO of MF Global has $1.2 billion in customer accounts vanish, has no knowledge.  No criminal charges.  No jail.  Shortly after, out fund raising for Barrack.

Enough power, enough money, enough pay-offs, things can be made to fizzle out the way the elite want them.

While we're throwing stones, sincerely hope one's brand of choice doesn't have any recalls.  Our country as a whole isn't in much of a position to politically assistant any more manufacturing in our country.  We don't have much of any cushion to fall back on.  We need to base actions on facts not conjecture.  Though in our reality TV society, that doesn't seem like our country has much capacity for such any longer.

That's a nice long post bro, and I know your a GM guy at heart, which is fine, but I stand by what I said.

Toyota got 1.2 billion for their fiasco, let's see what GM gets for something where many more people died and they are now caught knowingly sweeping this under the rug.

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 2nd 2014, 3:36 pm

I was surprised GM is trying to downplay the total number of deaths by not recognizing side impact deaths.
Back to top Go down
toyboxrv

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 2nd 2014, 3:57 pm

Many more people died? Come on BB, where do you get your news? Far more died in the Toyota SUA problem. An Oklahoma trial had the plaintiff bring in a real expert, not some space people and found a problem in the software, but you think Toyota gets more press? It's just the beginning of losses for Toyota in court. They screwed up on more vehicles and knew there was a problem, but conveniently blamed the mats because they didn't look hard enough.

GM screwed up no doubt and I think the problem is as much key location than being easily turned off, which in that case a stiffer spring won't change everything. Checking my Fusion out, my wife sits too close to the steering wheel and her knee can be against the key, but it doesn't seem to be able to bump it off. Many of these victims are smaller females that tend to sit too close to the wheel. Add in alcohol and inexperience and it's easy to turn a small problem into a big one.

If the cars in question don't have side airbags, why should all side impacts be counted as the same problem?
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 2nd 2014, 4:39 pm

toyboxrv wrote:
Many more people died? Come on BB, where do you get your news? Far more died in the Toyota SUA problem. An Oklahoma trial had the plaintiff bring in a real expert, not some space people and found a problem in the software, but you think Toyota gets more press? It's just the beginning of losses for Toyota in court. They screwed up on more vehicles and knew there was a problem, but conveniently blamed the mats because they didn't look hard enough.

GM screwed up no doubt and I think the problem is as much key location than being easily turned off, which in that case a stiffer spring won't change everything. Checking my Fusion out, my wife sits too close to the steering wheel and her knee can be against the key, but it doesn't seem to be able to bump it off. Many of these victims are smaller females that tend to sit too close to the wheel. Add in alcohol and inexperience and it's easy to turn a small problem into a big one.

If the cars in question don't have side airbags, why should all side impacts be counted as the same problem?

I hate to debate this, but I didn't think that many people died in the toyota SUA deal.

I though the GM count was passing 15 already, right?

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 2nd 2014, 6:28 pm

Congressional hearing highlighted the defect resulted in loss of vehicle control with side impact related deaths. They should be included in the death count.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 2nd 2014, 9:08 pm

Breathing Borla wrote:
That's a nice long post bro, and I know your a GM guy at heart, which is fine, but I stand by what I said.

Toyota got 1.2 billion for their fiasco, let's see what GM gets for something where many more people died and they are now caught knowingly sweeping this under the rug.

Breathing Borla wrote:

I'm not anyone's bro.  This isn't about me nor anyone else.  Nor is it about what vehicles from multiple manufactures that I might prefer.  I don't seek nor need approval or acceptance by anyone for any decisions I make about anything.  You can stand by what you said till next Sunday for all that it matters, it doesn't make it any more factual the longer one stands by something stated.  What matters is an accurate representation of occurrence based on all the facts surrounding events.

Presenting a conclusion should be done on factual evidence, after the facts have been presented in relation with actual occurrence.  Everyone has an opinion, option doesn't equate to factual.  There's an assumption or prejudgment of guilt that is permissible in today's society.  Some have a much higher qualification that include facts and context surrounding.

There's nothing about keeping it "fair".  IE if Toyota gets punished GM gets punished.  If the law was broken there are criminal justice processes for dealing with that.  If civil liability is established, there's process for dealing with that.

Last edited by joemac on April 3rd 2014, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 8:43 am

What people need to understand is no matter how loyal you are to some corporation, any corporation, you are worth about 57 cents to them.

Less in most cases.

In the end, its a goddamned hunk of metal and plastic meant to make someone else a millionaire. The quicker, the better. And if you and yours have to die to make that happen, so be it.

57 cents.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 10:20 am

Didn't used to be that way, or it at least wasn't as prevalent.

There used to be a thing known as corporate responsibility. This really sourced from the people. There was a responsibility to the employees, communities, and customers of which the company operated. This is what small business did well.

Right about the time "H" got on the podium and stated, "Its a global economy". Wait, what? I didn't vote or even hear any discussion with the American people about selling out the country to the lowest bidder. We've been sold down the river to benefit the greed and desires of few old rich white guys.

Now we get companies that solely chase a quarterly profit at the expense of everything else. This is why companies and the financial media hate Amazon. Bezos predominately reinvests revenue into the company for innovation instead of pocketing ever penny and recording billions in profit every quarter. This drives the media and other companies of which Amazone competes insane as this effects their ability to siphon millions for their own greedy intent. The American people are simply ignorantly blinded to the fact that their entire reality is a big scam. They're lied to, stolen from, cheated, constantly and don't have a clue nor a care.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 10:26 am

Corporations run the game, they own the game. And with yesterday's decision, it looks like the own the SCOTUS now too.

We have front row seats to the downfall of a great nation.

Death by Corporate Cancer. It has already eaten the soul of America, it's just the rusty, rotten corpse that remains.

Detroit, coming to a neighborhood near you. Sooner than anyone thinks too.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 10:28 am

joemac wrote:
Didn't used to be that way, or it at least wasn't as prevalent.  

There used to be a thing known as corporate responsibility.  This really sourced from the people.  There was a responsibility to the employees, communities, and customers of which the company operated.  This is what small business did well.  

When was this?!
Apparently I missed something along the way and my history of the '50s on doesn't show it.

Like you stated, it didn't appear as prevalent with the large masses punching the time clock.
There was still plenty of employee mistreatment, environmental disregard and dangerous designs back then. The pointed tail fins of the Cadillac back in the late 50s early 60s was responsible for pedestrian deaths. There was a case of a person falling into the rear of the car and piercing their heart on the pointed fin.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 2:27 pm

Companies used to want to attract good loyal talent and keep it. One of the ways they did this was through pensions. Today very few companies still over pensions.

Very few companies provide Community Time Off. Where the employer paid for the employee and allocated time off from work so they could dedicate to local charitable construction of their choosing.

Cola cola distributor gave us, no cost, syrup and carbonation for concession stand at a wrestling tournament. We keep all proceeds, not a portion but every cent to buy a new quality wrestling mat for elementary school wrestling team. Same mat the NCAA schools were using.

Community and church clinics and hospitals with doctors working for next to nothing, with no payment obligation for services rendered. St. Jude's does this today, though the staffs are significantly higher paid.

The mindset used to be prevalent, now its all but none existent, or is vanishing from the culture. We've even flipped on its head where charities are freely allowed to operate as a tax free charity while doing very little if any charity. No finer example than WWP where 80% of donations goes to salaries, advertising, and general operating expense leaving very little of peoples donations to provide any benefit back to veterans. Their yearly tax statements will make anyone sick to their stomach.

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 2:34 pm

We've gone from a "give" society to a "take it, it's mine, I'm entitled to it for nothing" in one generation.

Everyone gets a trophy, there are no winners. Just losers. Everyone loses. Success is vilified.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 2:38 pm

you guys are depressing me

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 2:43 pm

Well, don't race a GM 6.2, if one is out yet.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 2:52 pm

LOL,

but that means my truck is crap if I don't have the fastest on the road...

funny, I went from the crappiest truck in the tundra to the crappiest truck in the Ram..

I guess there is no winning.

maybe I should buy a GM, have it burn my house down, cook some brisket on the fire, then I'd be cool!!

on another note, I got my windows tinted in the front yesterday and really like the look and the function, IL finally changes the laws a few years ago.

Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 2:55 pm

Breathing Borla wrote:
LOL,

but that means my truck is crap if I don't have the fastest on the road...

funny, I went from the crappiest truck in the tundra to the crappiest truck in the Ram..

I guess there is no winning.

maybe I should buy a GM, have it burn my house down, cook some brisket on the fire, then I'd be cool!!

on another note, I got my windows tinted in the front yesterday and really like the look and the function.

So you want to go from the crappiest to the crappiest to the ugliest? Sorry GM fans, I know looks are subjective, but eeew.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 2:58 pm

I do like the headlights on the new chevy,

reminds me of

GM Recalls Family_truckster

GM Recalls Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOZEeNwkIUMBR3tKa2q0Iiqi8xO5_36DWcPIC4Nioe76ncmZ4rRg

Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 3:10 pm

LOL.  You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it.

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 3:14 pm

Window tint in TX is a must. Or you die.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 3:30 pm

Instantly
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 3:32 pm

ya, you buys got some serious heat down there, we get anywhere from -25 to 105 throughout the year here.

they only allow 50% on the front which is what I got, better than nothing as I don't want to get pulled over every ten miles.

Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 3:39 pm

I've heard about the humidity there.  I'm not interested in swimming through the air.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 3:42 pm

ya, that blows as well.

dew point spends a lot of time over 70 here in the summer

really sucks

as a matter of fact, this place just sucks, LOL

I was dragged here years ago by the old man before high school, went to college here, played ball here, met my wife and had my daughter here, have all my buds here, and now own a business here,

I guess I'm phucked with it

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GM Recalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Recalls   GM Recalls Empty

Back to top Go down

GM Recalls
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next