HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Recovery Points on Chevy Colorados???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kilogulf59

PostSubject: Recovery Points on Chevy Colorados???   March 5th 2014, 9:58 pm

I need to know the recovery points on my son's 2006 Chevy Colorado 4WD pickup truck?

He has no rear receiver hitch...so where do we put the strap?

I tried contacting Chevy but got Mr. Mujibar instead of Mr. Goodwrench so it was a waste of a half-dozen Emails...there's only so many ways to define "recovery points".

This is Matt's truck...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iccf.freeforums.org/
joemac

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Points on Chevy Colorados???   March 13th 2014, 4:10 pm

I have some loose familiarity with the chassis, though no information from the manufacturer. There are possible potentials on the frame rails near the spare. Not ideal however as chaffing the tow strap might be issue.

Depending on how it was stuck the rear axle near the diff might be an alternative.

How much is a receiver for the rear? Possibly to find a used one at a yard for $50 or so.

The front. The picture looks as if tow hooks are present possibly? Another option would be on the front portion of the lower control arm nearest the frame tab.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilogulf59

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Points on Chevy Colorados???   March 13th 2014, 6:18 pm

Yep, the rear recovery points are the hitch mount holes in the chassis...and a receiver would be best. Now I have to find one cheap...

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iccf.freeforums.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Points on Chevy Colorados???   

Back to top Go down

Recovery Points on Chevy Colorados???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1