Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days. Empty
PostSubject: Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days.   Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days. EmptyMay 10th 2022, 1:44 pm

Last Friday my 27 year old son got married. It was a nice wedding.
With that my MIL flew up from Fla and is staying with us for 10 days. She is 81, very demanding and thinks it is her house and tries to tell me what to do. Never asks her daughter to do anything but all I hear is Richard, take out the garbage, or turn on the dishwasher and then empty it when it's done. Why is your internet so slow, call Comcast. Locked all my guns in the safe.

She can be nice but in my house it pisses me off to no end. If I were at her house and she asked me to do chores I have no problem with that. I'm not the King of the Castle, just get the F off my back.

PostSubject: Re: Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days.   Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days. EmptyMay 10th 2022, 3:29 pm

She sounds toxic. Those are the type that write you out of the Will. The good news is this too shall pass. Maybe you can plan a weekend getaway for continuing education, help an out of town friend, etc.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days.   Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days. EmptyMay 10th 2022, 6:25 pm

Had the wife's whole side over for mother's day...inlaws ain't bad, thank God.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days.   Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days. EmptyMay 10th 2022, 7:43 pm

As much as I complain about her she has done a lot for us. Three years ago she took our family on a European Cruise. The year before that she took my wife and I on an Alaskan Cruise. She tries to bite her tongue sometimes but still feels like she has to tell me what to do.

PostSubject: Re: Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days.   Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days. EmptyMay 11th 2022, 2:58 pm

Did you lock the guns up for your safety or hers? haha

Luckily I get along great with all of my wifes side of the family.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days.   Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days. EmptyMay 11th 2022, 9:19 pm

Wasn't that the trip where you "mysteriously" got sick? Suspect
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days.   Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days. EmptyMay 12th 2022, 10:39 am

Yes. That took almost a year to clear up. This is the first time I have seen her since the trip. We talk on the phone, but stay away from politics. Otherwise it quickly turns into an arguement.

PostSubject: Re: Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days.   Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days. Empty

Back to top Go down

Lucky me, my MIL is staying with us for 10 days.
Page 1 of 1