Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Boondocking in Colorado Next Month

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Boondocking in Colorado Next Month Empty
PostSubject: Boondocking in Colorado Next Month   Boondocking in Colorado Next Month EmptyMay 14th 2021, 4:39 pm

Installed a pair of matching Group 27 Deep Cycle batteries for the trip next month. Solar panel on the roof of the 5th wheel keeps them topped off.
Re-jetted my Generator for high altitude too. Won't need it all that much, but better to have it than not.
Be camping at about 9500ft elevation. Driving about 2/3rds the way up to Clayton NM, staying there overnight, then hitting the mountain passes the next day. Rather be fresh and rested for those than tired from driving all day. Top off the water tank there too. I'll fuel up the on board tank closer in. Holds 30 gallons. Should be more than enough for the RZR and Generator. June 24th- 7/2 or 7/3....

Boondocking in Colorado Next Month Batt310

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Boondocking in Colorado Next Month   Boondocking in Colorado Next Month EmptyMay 14th 2021, 6:36 pm

That should work nicely. Lithium batteries have their advantage but 10x the price of a regular battery ain't one of them.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Boondocking in Colorado Next Month   Boondocking in Colorado Next Month EmptyMay 18th 2021, 11:09 am

Sounds like fun. I'm looking forward to the upcoming pictures. Living at sea level (7') I have trouble with elevation starting at 4000'. It would take me a day or so to get used to the elevation you are heading for.
I've been hearing good things about the BattleBorn lithium batteries that seem popular with RV and truck campers.
Enjoy the trip.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Boondocking in Colorado Next Month   Boondocking in Colorado Next Month EmptyMay 18th 2021, 8:35 pm

Looks like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boondocking in Colorado Next Month   Boondocking in Colorado Next Month Empty

Back to top Go down

Boondocking in Colorado Next Month
Page 1 of 1