Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Colorado Time Again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Colorado Time Again Empty
PostSubject: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 5th 2018, 5:44 pm

Rolling out to Lake City in the morning. Getting out of this gdamned heat.Colorado Time Again Rzr10
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 5th 2018, 7:49 pm

Nice. Enjoy yourself. We just got home today, the heat was terrible the entire week. I understand it will break tomorrow.

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 11th 2018, 12:52 am

Where are the pics?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 11th 2018, 7:01 pm

I look forward to the pics from Colorado.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 12th 2018, 4:41 pm

Pics are coming , internet sucks
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 12th 2018, 9:32 pm

pup wrote:
Pics are coming , internet sucks

Land line is hooked up at home now, on the cusp of getting dial-up!
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 15th 2018, 9:42 am

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Uzmv6yPYgHUz1Yki8

Let me know if you can see them
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 15th 2018, 11:52 am

As usual, great pictures. Do you belong to a club, or are these a bunch of friends that went? 
Looking at the elevation, I would be sucking air, 12,000 is up there for me. My house sits at 7' above sea level. One of these days I hope to get out there.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 15th 2018, 2:17 pm

Just a bunch of friends. All of us were sucking air above 10000ft. Had a great time though
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 16th 2018, 9:56 am

Gonna be over 100 here for the next 10 days or so. Some days getting to 110 or better.
I need to pack up and move to Colorado full time.

We caravaned on the way up. One couple pulled their toy hauler, so we ran mainly 68-69mph cruising.
On the way back, I ran 75. Got the same 13mpgs both ways. All downhill on the way back. Truck did fine.
One couple in a Ram 3500 dually pulling a 16ft trailer with his 4 seat RZR got the same mileage out of his Cummins. It would have gotten that pulling all of us though.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 16th 2018, 11:45 am

Today will be our hot day of the week. 93 and humid. I'll work inside today. When I had my diesel, I had calculated the mileage but with the 2010 Silverado, I  never did. It seems like we go up some really steep grades, but looking online the highest was just over 1800'. It was steep and you could see the climb for a few miles before actually going up it. With a 31' trailer and the 5.3L, I don't kill the truck to keep at 65. Getting down to 55 I put on the flashers and let the truck get us up and over without putting the peddle to the floor. Towing different RV's for the 25 years we have been married, this last tow was the easiest in terms of traffic and no delays at all. We made it home in a record time of 7.5 hours. It has taken 12 hours at times with traffic. We came home on July 5. While I have driven at 70+ mph, this truck seems comfortable at a steady 65.

I thought you would have taken the toy hauler. Stayed at a cabin?

pup

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 16th 2018, 2:59 pm

We reserved a cabin back in February. It costs about the same to do that vs fuel/rv-site to haul the toy hauler up there and back. Not nearly as stressful of a drive either.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 16th 2018, 4:51 pm

I find the long drives towing the trailer can be very stressful at times and wear you out. I think you did the right thing with cabin vs. trailer on that trip. Enjoy!

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again EmptyJuly 17th 2018, 12:34 am

Looks like a sizable group went. Looks like you have more fun each year compared to the last.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Time Again   Colorado Time Again Empty

Back to top Go down

Colorado Time Again
Page 1 of 1