Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Summer in Texas

Go down 
+2
TheQuig
pup
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 13th 2016, 12:18 pm

Summer in Texas TNVkf4Ba1xX8kAcTcqSjOY5xIG95pwEnv1gb4spqRBN5Zbj32bfahrLUxfDd9vKuwgg6B2EpDmFCz3JGsD5WK5J555OOK9qymxWAVFBjbRkggoednkYS3EqLc-G9cEItIB2X2hLDa26jZyVwAyZsi-sYoQErpSHa1xz9AQxDIAG-FAM8LiDLZaXkoSrVmbAJcFIQOFAbB418qxC2K1wnmAHpOlOKrczgEh46Rj0jjRyJQ8TmKusQFnW2NkLuFl2l4B5wm_vGCXaFR2rglm74jgvj-2Avryzf7awGm2ItfnLUrkSR9TashXeQVZd87EinQa21op4JuOWvMEGH20aEj5ijVLWYFsBTmQwXrepR5zJfTxa4BnRNr5zQCmAbh5Ytvw7lnG74o7X0YF72aw5KRveiHe0rL8N6DtQQ7PaYF7BG0KFEu8EdSggmS_Hqfp-tpzTCGfF86XCWEQpQx-NsJATL4BOHPPFj_oi0zaEvNMbaMvlNsnrLixaz_V8-rkQpw_l0tjb0SrKAW6IjohshusAS-DZltXR3oa0ot5RnFx9d7hvRDivoK4r3np526KYEh-bG7XQR6nrEm9nspDFcZzrWjxvXRyY=w1508-h848-no

The Dog Days of Summer are upon us. Morning rides are real nice, sitting in traffic on the way home, not so much. Been a nice wind this week though, nuts aren't getting completely roasted....yet.

Upper 70's/Low 80's for the morning ride, right at 100 for the ride home.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 13th 2016, 6:00 pm

82 here this afternoon. It is getting humid, we are expecting a thunderstorm tonight or tomorrow.

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 13th 2016, 7:23 pm

Phone says it hit 104 here today and yesterday. It's nice in the morning but it soon heats up to broil and then bake.
Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 14th 2016, 6:40 pm

It's not nice in the morning in Houston. It's 80 when the sun comes up. We had a wet spring with several floods. We could use a bit of rain now.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 14th 2016, 6:42 pm

Its hardly ever nice in that humidity during summer.
I was raised on the La. coast right around Lake Charles.
Nothing quite like that humidity anywhere....
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 14th 2016, 7:51 pm

I'm looking forward to the end of summer. No fun in the southwest this time of year.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 14th 2016, 9:00 pm

It was a bit over 100 for the ride home today with calm winds....nut roasting hot at redlights...and every one of them seemed to last an eternity. Taking the Jeep tomorrow with the AC blowing on high.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 15th 2016, 11:09 am

I was in Houston 4 years ago during summer when the "big drought" was on. It was 105 at least every day. We were at a ROV completion, and even the guys from Arizona were complaining, they could take the heat but not the humidity. I got the yard work done early yesterday but still the heat took a lot out of me, it reached 95.

pup

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 15th 2016, 11:32 am

It took me several months to fully recover from the bad gall bladder. And I was a lot younger.
I'd start out the day feeling fine and would hit an impenetrable wall at different points throughout the days, the heat really did a number on my too.

The older I get, the more the heat beats me down too. 48 now, and I hope to be moved to Colorado by 55. It just gets too damned hot in the summer around here. Might have to live under a hollowed out rock to do it, but if I do, I do.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 15th 2016, 1:40 pm

My wife and two kids got to Georgia yesterday. It was 105. She said it was hot, I asked her if she expected a known humidity collector to be a cool place in the summer. Her response was not nice.

pup

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 15th 2016, 2:00 pm

Going to be a steamy bitch here this afternoon, we got about an 1" worth of the 0% chance of rain this morning.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas EmptyJuly 17th 2016, 4:39 pm

pup wrote:
Nothing quite like that humidity anywhere....

QFT  Gulf Coast was my old stompin' ground (worked offshore, Corpus to N.O. depending on the job) and walking around like a wet dishrag was par for the course. Just kept putting the water to me- drinking 2 gals or more a day wasn't unusual. Drink it right up and sweat it right out. Always enjoyed the Hill Country on my days off when I could; might be hotter but with less humidity it was a lot easier to take. Tried to schedule my vacations for late July/ August and get the hell out of Houston and head to Maine or the Hill Country at the very least. Colorado has got to seem like heaven after a Texas summer.

Curious about the Harley- does that rear cylinder deactivation help at all at stoplights?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer in Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer in Texas   Summer in Texas Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer in Texas
Page 1 of 1