Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yahoo Email Sucks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Yahoo Email Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Yahoo Email Sucks   Yahoo Email Sucks EmptyJune 16th 2013, 11:54 am

Having loads of problems with yahoo email these day. Every once and a while my account sends out spam emails to anyone I've ever corresponded with. Looks like an email virus but there's no virus on my computer. The same problem happened to my wife's account a while back. We've changed passwords but relief. Yahoo is web based so it has to be something on their end. I googled the problem and it's been a yahoo issue since 2009.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Yahoo Email Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahoo Email Sucks   Yahoo Email Sucks EmptyJune 17th 2013, 2:41 pm

There was an article about the new yahoo mail auto scanning your content unless you opt out.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

Yahoo Email Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahoo Email Sucks   Yahoo Email Sucks EmptyJune 17th 2013, 2:53 pm

I've had this problem too. Getting tired of getting new email addresses.

Where do you 'opt out'? I've heard this before and looked for this with no luck. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
joemac

joemac

Yahoo Email Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahoo Email Sucks   Yahoo Email Sucks EmptyJune 18th 2013, 9:33 am

My dad has the same issues.  Inbound spam is significant.  Twice now his account has been hijacked to send spam outbound.  Yahoo blamed it on him stating an easy password.  Ironically his password is strong as its 12 characters, mix of upper lower case, with numbers and special characters.  Researching this its apparent yahoo is having problems they aren't disclosing about unauthorized access to user accounts

Top on that all the add content that pops up when moving the mouse cursor around, and them being buddy buddy with the NSA.  Failing to see why more aren't moving off yahoo mail and like others to services that provide web based similar service.  

Nothing is free, reference above.  An alternative might be your own domain with email service. Last time I renewed my plan with godaddy it's was like $65 for the domain and email service for two years including 10 email addresses

No ads, very little spam that's pretty easy to deal with and no email compromises for the 10 years I've been on the service.  Plus I think godaddy is still a private company and not all cozy up with the NSA.  They're not perfect but a reasonable alternative.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Yahoo Email Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahoo Email Sucks   Yahoo Email Sucks EmptyJune 18th 2013, 9:48 am

Interesting idea. Looks like GoDaddy has spam filters too.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

Yahoo Email Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahoo Email Sucks   Yahoo Email Sucks EmptyJune 18th 2013, 2:43 pm

Might have to look into that. Thanks Derek.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Yahoo Email Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahoo Email Sucks   Yahoo Email Sucks Empty

Back to top Go down

Yahoo Email Sucks
Page 1 of 1