Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Practice for Duck hunting.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Practice for Duck hunting. Empty
PostSubject: Practice for Duck hunting.   Practice for Duck hunting. EmptyMay 18th 2013, 9:00 pm

I took my son to the gun club today for a waterfowl shooting lesson. We had a lot of fun. For $5, he got to shoot a round of trap (25 shots) then got into the duck boat and practiced getting up and shooting ducks while calling them in. He got food and drink, hat, tee shirt and 2 duck calls (he is driving our domestic ducks out back crazy) and a few other goodies. It was cloudy and a little rain, hence the dark picture from my phone. He turns 15 in July and wants to get his license to bow hunt deer, but really has no interest in duck YET!
[img]Practice for Duck hunting. IMG_20130518_113150_166_zpsc591a9b2
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Practice for Duck hunting.   Practice for Duck hunting. EmptyMay 18th 2013, 11:32 pm

Looks like fun and a huge value!
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Practice for Duck hunting.   Practice for Duck hunting. EmptyMay 19th 2013, 11:27 am

Well worth the money, but just spending time with Mike is always an adventure. As soon as we left, he asked that we go look for compound bows. I guess it's time, he is taller than me so I feel comfortable laying out the cash and hope he won't grow too much more and need a stronger bow. In the meantime I'm going to have him take his bow license with his recurve bow which he is on target always.
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Practice for Duck hunting.   Practice for Duck hunting. EmptyMay 19th 2013, 11:35 am

How'd he hit em??
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Practice for Duck hunting.   Practice for Duck hunting. EmptyMay 19th 2013, 8:18 pm

Not bad. He's a little rusty with the shotgun. Mike was undershooting, and not following through, something I am guilty of myself. He would rather shoot bow or my 5.56. I just got a new shotgun yesterday, so now the boys can shoot at the same time I do instead of sharing. The boys don't shoot often but get around 15 when they go. Not bad for only once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice for Duck hunting.   Practice for Duck hunting. Empty

Back to top Go down

Practice for Duck hunting.
Page 1 of 1