Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Made it to Vermont.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Made it to Vermont. Empty
PostSubject: Made it to Vermont.   Made it to Vermont. EmptyJune 29th 2018, 6:03 pm

Made it to Vermont. 06291810
Made it to Vermont. 06291811
Got 250 miles from home and started to smell gear oil. When I moved the trailer from alongside my house, I put it in 4 high and forgot to take it out.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Made it to Vermont.   Made it to Vermont. EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 4:44 pm

Do you think anything is damaged?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Made it to Vermont.   Made it to Vermont. EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 9:11 pm

No, but I won't know for sure until I get home and drain it. Runs smooth but I did go over the recommended speed. I would think I would have thrown a code or I'm hoping that's the case.
Today we toured Darthmouth college. It's my daughter's first choice. Now that I'm semi retired, tuition will be less because of lower income.
Still in a heat wave, too hot to enjoy the sites.

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Made it to Vermont.   Made it to Vermont. EmptyJuly 5th 2018, 8:02 pm

Made it to Vermont. 06010
Made it to Vermont. New_ha12
On Friday I will be able to look at the front differential and see if any damage was done. I did have it in 4 high to get the trailer back alongside the house. 

First thing Friday I told my group of friends I would get together with them for a guitar session to exchange some chords. Then under the truck to drain the fluid in the front differential to see if there are any bits of metal. No leaks, I think it got so hot some fluid may have come out the vent, at least that is my hope.

Some pictures from a day trip from Vermont into New Hampshire where we normally go. I'm trying to get back to New Hampshire sometime in August. At least where we were in New Hampshire it was in the mid 80's and not quite as hot, but the black flies ate me alive.

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Made it to Vermont.   Made it to Vermont. EmptyJuly 9th 2018, 9:08 pm

I drained the front differential and the transfer case. Fluid was dirty and smelled. I think they both came through without damage. Looking at YouTube videos, the transfer case drain magnet look like all the ones I viewed with no particles in the pan when I drained it out. Today I had it in and out of 4 high and low and it seemed fine. No signs of leaks. All synthetic put back in and did the engine oil a 1,000 miles sooner than usual but since I was under the truck why not!

PostSubject: Re: Made it to Vermont.   Made it to Vermont. EmptyJuly 11th 2018, 12:57 am

Looks beautiful and glad there was no damage. Is there no indicator light showing its in 4wd?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Made it to Vermont.   Made it to Vermont. EmptyJuly 11th 2018, 6:56 pm

theshyguy wrote:
Looks beautiful and glad there was no damage. Is there no indicator light showing its in 4wd?
Only 4 low shows on the dashboard. Otherwise you have to look at the round dial that allows you to turn it from 2 hi, 4 hi, 4 low. With the gear shift in the way I don't see the switch. It took smelling gear oil for me to look at the indicator light on the dial that is the size of a pin head.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Made it to Vermont.   Made it to Vermont. EmptyJuly 12th 2018, 9:35 pm

Pics look nice!

The tahoe might have a viscous clutch in the t-case for full-time /auto 4wd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made it to Vermont.   Made it to Vermont. Empty

Back to top Go down

Made it to Vermont.
Page 1 of 1