Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.

Go down 
+4
turbobill
Charlie in TX
pup
TheQuig
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. Empty
PostSubject: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 20th 2018, 7:51 pm

Just got the phone calls. Schools are already closed tomorrow because of the weather. It's snowing, the sleet and hail, and a little rain. By the end of Thursday they are calling for 7"-20". That's a big gap in between. They should just say watch out the window and see what we end up with.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 21st 2018, 11:11 am

Forecasters these days can barely get what day of the week is coming next. So they overhype, usually worse case scenerio, and then congratulate themselves when tomorrow actually turns out to be Thursday instead of Sunday.

And in the same breath, tell you we are all gonna die anyway, because Global Al Climate Warming Gore Change.
Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 21st 2018, 12:24 pm

I hope all is safe and warm. I hate cold weather myself.
Back to top Go down
turbobill

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 21st 2018, 7:06 pm

This is the first of the four nor-easters that won't affect where I live. However, my afternoon flight to NYC was cancelled.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 21st 2018, 8:15 pm

It rained all day, no reason for school to be closed. I think they cancelled believing the roads would be bad by dismissal. Around 4:00 it started snowing heavy and we are getting about 2" per hour. There is about 6" on the ground and as I typed this, the phone rang and the message said 90 minute delayed opening tomorrow. Makes no sense. We also received a call from our township warning people in our section to move our cars to a higher section in town in case of flooding from the bay.
Back to top Go down
toyboxrv

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 22nd 2018, 10:30 am

70 degrees yesterday and today.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 22nd 2018, 4:18 pm

We ended up with a little over a foot of heavy wet snow. I put on a summer cool tee shirt and a heavy sweat shirt to shovel and use the snow blower to get rid of it. Cars had to be off the street for the snow plows, so getting my daughters car over the snow plow wall was a PIA. She is not used to snow, let her momentum slow down and ended up digging her front wheels into the soft soil. I ended up putting in truck in 4 low and pulling her off the law. Right now it is 45 out and sunny. School cancelled the days I was supposed to work due to snow, now I hoping Friday I will not be called in so I can go play a few guitars and decide which one to buy.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 22nd 2018, 8:41 pm

Sunny and 60, neighbors have their garden planted.
Worked up wifes garden and she'll be planting soon.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 22nd 2018, 8:43 pm

We usually don't plant until a week or two before Memorial Day. We still get frost up until then.
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 23rd 2018, 7:12 pm

We got about 18-20 where I am. I was worried about where to put this snow and what maybe be coming early next week but most of it is already gone.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 23rd 2018, 7:17 pm

I would say half of the snowfall melted today. Looking around the neighborhood, A lot of people lost trees from the heavy snow and wind.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 24th 2018, 11:17 pm

I think the high today was 81 and not too windy. This past Sunday and Monday though was one long dust storm that stirred up my allergies big time!
Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 27th 2018, 1:01 pm

Lookit, I'm getten old. Catch'n CRS. Putting things like 'it's warm around here' is useless unless you have your location filled out in your profile.
Back to top Go down
toyboxrv

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 27th 2018, 5:00 pm

What's CRS? I think I used to know but memory is the second thing to go.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 27th 2018, 5:57 pm

I can't remember that ya'll are too old to remember.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyMarch 27th 2018, 10:41 pm

Lubbock Texas. I'll get the profile updated.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyApril 20th 2018, 3:46 pm

This April has been the coldest winter in years
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. EmptyApril 20th 2018, 4:35 pm

50 and sunny today, back to the 40's next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.   Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row. Empty

Back to top Go down

Crazy weather 3 weeks in a row.
Page 1 of 1