Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. Empty
PostSubject: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyAugust 6th 2017, 7:11 pm

This week I bit the bullet and bought the Ridgid 1/2" Impact gun. $139 bare, no batteries or charger. I have 2 of the 1.5 amp batteries for my ridged drill and small impact gun. Ridgid only gives lifetime warranty to their batteries if they come included in a package deal usually with two items. That's how I got my first set. I bought 2 more 4amp Li with a 3 year warranty for $99.
I bought the gun knowing I would be doing brakes on my sons Hyundai after putting new tires on it this week and also knowing I would be doing struts and shocks on the Yukon before school starts. I must say I was pleasantly surprised when the impact gun did the lugs on the car without any effort and still had all 4 bars of power when complete - lugs on and off. I didn't want to over torque the lugs, so I made them snug and put a torque wrench on them to get them set at 70 lbs. Heck, that's half of what my truck takes.
I would recommend this Ridgid impact gun to anyone looking for one. No more air hoses to drag around. I have in the past seen it on sale including the battery included the deal for $20 more and that means the battery will be warrantied for life.

After reading the post on the Milwaukee impact gun I decided to look at Home Depot to see the Impact guns on sale. What I saw was the same Ridgid Impact gun that I paid $139 for without any charger or battery, Now on sale for $149 including the battery and charger with a lifetime warranty. I returned my Ridgid , and since they didn't have the $149 in the store, ordered online with free shipping. It will arrive Friday 11-9.
Can't beat that, new gun, a warranty for life battery and charger. My other Ridgid charger took a long time to charge the bigger batteries so the new charger should work well.

Last edited by TheQuig on November 6th 2017, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyAugust 7th 2017, 1:56 am

Some day I'd like to get the Milwaukee 18V fuel 1/2" high torque impact. I have a 1/2 and 3/4" IR air impacts for heavy work. All my stuff is red and runs down the same same assembly lines as rigid too.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyAugust 7th 2017, 8:10 pm

I have a Snap On impact gun that works well but most times the work I'm doing is in the drive way at the opposite end of the house about 100' from my compressor. Thanks to the stupid building code I cannot put a driveway leading to my larger garage that was built when I added a second floor addition to the house 15 years ago. I have a garage at each end of my house. They (township) have a sight line that has to have 35' on a corner property. After a 10' right of way there isn't enough line of sight to allow for a driveway. I would have expected that I would have been told that when I submitted my building plans, but no. My street ends at a "T". If I park my vehicles in the driveway traffic cannot see if a car is coming down the other street. That is a bunch of crap. The edge of my driveway would still be 25' from the street. People would actually have to slow down and yield instead of taking the turn like they are driving on a NASCAR track.
Wow, I got off the subject of the post pretty bad there. Sorry about the rant.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyAugust 8th 2017, 2:59 am

I'd ask about your air ratchet but I'm afraid it'll lead to septic issues! lol!
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyAugust 9th 2017, 5:44 pm

Now that you asked.......City sewer. There was no alcohol involved in that rant.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyNovember 7th 2017, 12:24 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
I'd ask about your air ratchet but I'm afraid it'll lead to septic issues! lol!

I wonder, does anyone make an air ratchet with the 18 volt battery?
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyNovember 7th 2017, 6:39 pm

The only cordless ratchets I've seen are 12V models, Milwaukee and rigid but sure others make them.

I have a large body blue point 3/8" air ratchet that will take out head bolts, cost about $300 20+ years ago.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyNovember 7th 2017, 8:37 pm

I have an IR 3/8" air but it doesn't have enough torque.
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyNovember 12th 2017, 12:05 am

I had a snap on 3/8 air ratchet. I paid $150 for it on ebay had it rebuilt under warranty and then sold it for $200. I hardly used it because it was torquey even with it turned down. My boss saw my air ratchet across the shop and then saw my wrist and hand swollen and blistering then just walked away. Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyNovember 12th 2017, 12:02 pm

They are good for those long bolts that don't have a lot of torque on them.
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyNovember 13th 2017, 12:58 am

They air but I have a 3/8 snap on air impact. I picked that up for 150 also brand new, from a buddy of mine.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. EmptyNovember 13th 2017, 10:21 pm

Everyone should have one of the 1/2" cordless impacts!
Every time I have to work on a truck or tractor away from the building I'm just so happy to have it.
Some day I'll get a M18 leaf blower for cleaning the radiator gaurds on the tractor while brush hogging and a M18 grinder would be nice too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.   1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here. Empty

Back to top Go down

1/2" Impact gun UPDATE here.
Page 1 of 1