Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... Empty
PostSubject: You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......   You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... EmptyApril 10th 2017, 2:35 pm

Today was so nice that I decided to wash my truck and my sons car.
I went into the garage and had to climb over the snow blower to get to the garage door. 78 degrees and the snow blower is still in the same spot as it was in February when we had our last snow. Although, when I put water in the ducks container on Saturday, I did have to thaw the hose line before I could get it to run water.
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......   You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... EmptyJune 2nd 2017, 1:21 pm

Its a never ending battle ! I have too much stuff, but when I clean, nothing ever gets tossed?? I have an excuse to keep it, and no I'm not a hoarder ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......   You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... EmptyJune 2nd 2017, 11:41 pm

Yup, it be time.

No need for a snow blower here!

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......   You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... EmptyAugust 9th 2017, 5:47 pm

I moved the snow blower today to get at the generator. It won't start, crap ethanol. Cleaned out the carburetor and it runs fine. Just another distraction.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......   You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... EmptyAugust 10th 2017, 8:22 pm

We have a gas station here that sells non-ethanol gas. It is more expensive but for small engines worth it.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......   You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... EmptyAugust 12th 2017, 5:20 pm

I wish I could find a non ethanol gas station. Yesterday I changed the oil on the generator, checked out the air filter and plug, and they looked good. I started up the generator one pull. I hooked up a sawzall and the engine didn't rev up. Added a band saw and a grinder, still no higher RPM's. I took it back to the shop, they had a puzzled look on their face. I have a feeling I will have to bring it to a certified Briggs and Stratton dealer if I want it to run well before hurricane and winter season.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......   You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... EmptyAugust 13th 2017, 1:34 am

Did you try a marina for fuel?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......   You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... EmptyAugust 14th 2017, 5:31 am

More and more marinas are cutting down on selling fuel as the EPA has been fining them for spilling into the waterways. You can still get it at a .50 cents a gallon more. Where I live there is a marina about every other block.
I think the voltage regulator is dirty or shot and if the shop can't fix it I'll order the part and try to fix it myself.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......   You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... EmptyAugust 14th 2017, 10:27 am

Yeah, marina fuel is pricey but sometimes they are the only one to carry straight gas.

My cheap ass generator doesn't idle down with no load.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......   You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... EmptyAugust 14th 2017, 6:48 pm

In the past with an older generator I just wire tied it open full, but it burned a lot of fuel that way. This generator will do the same but It will go through a lot of fuel a day (I'm guessing 20 gallons a day) if I run it full open. Food is replaceable in the freezer or fridge, but if I run out of firewood I worry about pipes bursting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......   You know it's time to clean out the garage when....... Empty

Back to top Go down

You know it's time to clean out the garage when.......
Page 1 of 1