Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April Pickup Sales

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 3rd 2016, 8:19 pm

Best-Selling Pickup Trucks: April 2016

Quote :
Traditionally a strong sales month, April looks to be one of the best on record. Many analysts predicted that this month's total sales would put the auto industry on another record-setting pace, with as many as 1.5 million vehicles sold, and that has proven true. Much of that increase, once again, is due to the increased demand for midsize and full-size pickups, and SUVs. And from the number of all-new and redesigned pickups in the pipeline due in the next six to 12 months, that pace is not likely to subside anytime soon.

Of course, the facts that fuel prices remain reasonable in most places around the country and the economy continues to slowly grow definitely will keep pickup truck sales rolling. Another good predictive sign is the growth of the commercial van segment, traditionally a strong indicator of how well the economy is doing. That segment is benefiting from a fresher product lineup. GM is the only vanmaker that has not redesigned its full-size vans.

Midsize pickups had a strong month, with four of the five competitors — the Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma — experiencing double-digit increases in month-over-month and year-over-year numbers. It's worth pointing out the midsize Colorado outsold the full-size Tundra for the first time. In the full-size arena, the Ford F-Series improved its numbers compared to March as did the Chevrolet Silverado. The Ram and GMC Sierra both posted solid increases as well.

We expect sales for pickup trucks to continue to be strong deep into the summer and fall as more new models come to market. Just some of the new entries will be the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor, the 2017 Ford Super Duty, the 2016 Nissan Titan XD with the gas V-8, the 2016 Nissan Titan half-ton and Honda's segment-busting 2017 Ridgeline.

April Pickup Sales Image63

PickupTrucks.com
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
ggbaird

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 4th 2016, 9:28 am

Ford and GM full-size sales are pretty much neck and neck.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 4th 2016, 9:55 am

With Ram freeing up some factory space they could be in a position to surpass Chevrolet in the near future.

People like to rag on Toyota but I suspect they are content with their numbers. The Texas plant is running at full capacity and not under utilized. However the not inexpensive Colorado is passing the Tundra.....

Personally I'm in the camp that GM should have kept the Shreveport assembly operation open and not combine product with Wentzville. Shreveport had a 10yr old stamping operation and a relatively new assembly line along with an older one.

I'm curious to see how the new titan XD and gas models affect their sales too.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 4th 2016, 11:35 am

toyota has shifted production of the plant towards the tacoma, hence the down turn in tundra sales. they just added a 3rd shift and that will bring the numbers up a bit over time but not much, they are selling everyone they build and are out of capacity.

I am actually looking at one right now
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 4th 2016, 3:23 pm

Buy 2 of them so you get enough power...
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 4th 2016, 4:53 pm

pup wrote:
Buy 2 of them so you get enough power...

two of what, tundras?

the 5.7 has plenty of power, no different than what I have now
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 4th 2016, 5:53 pm

I thought you were going after a Tacoma. lol.

You should have your pick of the Tundra's, did they update the gauge cluster on them too? They body looks better now, but how is the interior.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 4th 2016, 9:52 pm

pup wrote:
I thought you were going after a Tacoma. lol.

You should have your pick of the Tundra's, did they update the gauge cluster on them too? They body looks better now, but how is the interior.

Ya the entire interior is redone looks pretty nice.if I pull the trigger I'll post some pics. The platinum had Lexus LS quality leather in them now, it's really nice.

Not sure what I'm doing yet
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 5th 2016, 1:54 am

Breathing Borla wrote:
if I pull the trigger I'll post some pics.  

We expect nothing less!

Maybe you should switch it up a little and go with the Titan XD?
We could use a beta tester on the "inside" for long term feed back. April Pickup Sales 2602728110
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 5th 2016, 2:36 pm

So far the Titan XD diesel has done little to change in Titan sales #'s. Very odd. Maybe Diaz needs to be introduced to the sword (Game of Thrones style).
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 5th 2016, 5:20 pm

I haven't seen a new XD on the road yet, not in these parts.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 5th 2016, 6:04 pm

Local Nissan dealer has a few on the lot.
Need to stop in andtake a look sometime.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 7th 2016, 11:11 am

the titan XD is way too much of a pig for me, I mean it's over 7K lbs and I think the front grill is 2K worth of that

not too interested in that one
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 11th 2016, 12:30 pm

April 2016 Pickup Sales Breakdown

Quote :
April was another strong month for pickup truck sales, but how long can it last? The midsize segment continues to grow, selling almost 40,000 units each month. Looking at the numbers, the Toyota Tacoma sells almost as many trucks per month as the entire GMC Sierra lineup. Additionally, the Chevrolet Colorado sold about 100 more vehicles this month than Toyota's full-size Tundra.

Looking just at full-size pickup sales, meaning a combination of light-duty and heavy-duty models, Ford continues to have a strong lead over the other truckmakers, even if you combine GM's Chevrolet and GMC brands. It's only when you add the Colorado and Canyon numbers into the GM sales numbers that GM takes the brand lead.

When looking at total U.S. pickup sales so far, the industry is on target to sell more than 2.5 million units by year's end.

April Pickup Sales Image74

April Pickup Sales Image75

April Pickup Sales Image76

PickupTrucks.com
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 12th 2016, 10:23 am

Nice charts, wish they'd keep showing the LD/HD figures too.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales EmptyMay 12th 2016, 12:47 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
Nice charts, wish they'd keep showing the LD/HD figures too.

If I see them, I'll post them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

April Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Pickup Sales   April Pickup Sales Empty

Back to top Go down

April Pickup Sales
Page 1 of 1