Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trading Toyota

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shatto

shatto

Trading Toyota Empty
PostSubject: Trading Toyota   Trading Toyota EmptyFebruary 17th 2016, 5:41 pm

Trading Toyota 1%20TM%20Chart%20Open

The 100% Extension is where the algorithm says the stock is going.
If you buy stock, buying later is better than buying now.
Option Traders are profiting as the stock goes down.
In any case, it is a pretty looking chart.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Trading Toyota Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Toyota   Trading Toyota EmptyFebruary 17th 2016, 7:06 pm

I sell options, never buy them.

joemac

Trading Toyota Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Toyota   Trading Toyota EmptyFebruary 17th 2016, 10:27 pm

I quit buying company stock for the most part.  Too many non-fundamental issues creep in, plus the risk of buying and holding any position for any length of time puts the investment at risk to be taken.  The hedge funds and institution buyers have much more leverage than we do. With coordination with their guidance announcements and those in media who like to promote those announcements where they can make the market move in the direction they want.  The decked is stacked.  Been there done that.  When the street gets a whiff of such activity, they dive in and have cratered many a company, all because they can.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Trading Toyota Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Toyota   Trading Toyota EmptyFebruary 18th 2016, 2:11 am

I agree with selling options. It opens your best opportunity these days. Asset gatherers are at a disadvantage as they can't use margin and have to charge fees on top of hidden fees. Anyone with a few thousand dollars can open a cash margin option account and trade options with significant margin. And for the individual investor, portfolio margin is nirvana. That's where risk is offset with one's sizable diversified portfolio and enables even better margin.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Trading Toyota Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Toyota   Trading Toyota EmptyFebruary 18th 2016, 1:02 pm

For those in the know, what are some good resources to learn more about buying/selling options? How did yall learn? I learned about it years ago but never got into it like I wanted.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Trading Toyota Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Toyota   Trading Toyota EmptyFebruary 18th 2016, 4:44 pm

I learned from my father in law who has been selling them so long that he showed me how to do it from a dos program.
I don't have resources just a little knowledge, and we all know a little knowledge is bad.
IIRC stock options are up on the 3rd Friday of a month.
You sell options in bulk of 100.
Say you own GM, and it is at $100 per share. You look at what the option for that stock is going for lets say $105 per share.
At the 3rd Friday, the person who bought your options can either say no and you get $5 per share or he buys the stock at the $105 price and they are his. The stocks can be worth more than $105 at the time, but you sold him the options to buy.
So either you get your option money, or money for the stock. You can't loose. If you get the option money, you still own the stock. Some times you can sell options for GM 5 times before the person buys the stock. Volume and diversity are the key.

Trading Toyota Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Toyota   Trading Toyota Empty

Back to top Go down

Trading Toyota
Page 1 of 1