Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First fire of the winter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

First fire of the winter Empty
PostSubject: First fire of the winter   First fire of the winter EmptyJanuary 18th 2016, 4:17 pm

It has been so warm here that I haven't started a fire in the wood stove until today. Above 35 and the house gets too hot, so with the temps in the low 20's, a 25mph wind and everyone off for the holiday I started the first fire. I'll most likely let it burn out after everyone goes to bed tonight as I have a little less than a cord of wood which I like to save for power outages.
2" of snow on the ground, a new UHD TV and life looks today!
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: First fire of the winter   First fire of the winter EmptyJanuary 18th 2016, 6:12 pm

Our first was about 2 months ago at a friends house. The first at our house was 3 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: First fire of the winter   First fire of the winter EmptyJanuary 18th 2016, 8:13 pm

I sort of got lucky. The power went out for 2 hours this afternoon. I didn't notice until I tried to turn on a light. Temp is now 20F with wind chill below 0. I know its cold when our ducks leave the coop only to feed and drink and then right back. Without the wind they would be outside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First fire of the winter   First fire of the winter Empty

Back to top Go down

First fire of the winter
Page 1 of 1