Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ready for winter?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Ready for winter? Empty
PostSubject: Ready for winter?   Ready for winter? EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 4:42 pm

I'm not ready yet, I still need more firewood. I should also get 15 gallons of gas for the generator to be safe. With the ethanol, even the Sta-bil doesn't seem to keep the gas from going bad after a few months. I used to be able to get 1 year after treated gas.

I've ordered new blades and a belt for the snowblower. Winter seems to show up later lately. I still need one good storm to get the last of the leaves off the tree and get them cleaned up. After that, I'll drain the gas out of the weed wackers and blower. Otherwise I'm ready Mad

pup

Ready for winter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready for winter?   Ready for winter? EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 8:45 pm

Get the StaBil formulated for Ethanol.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Ready for winter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready for winter?   Ready for winter? EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 9:00 pm

I have been using that for 2 years now. It's better than the red StaBil, but not buy a lot. I put it in every gas can I bring home along with injector cleaner. Since I have started using the Chevron injection cleaner, the 2-strokes have began to run better. Costco has it on sale for $12.99 for 6, Auto Zone sells it for $7.99 a bottle.

pup

Ready for winter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready for winter?   Ready for winter? EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 9:56 pm

I use Lucas Ethanol treatment in the 4wheeler and lawn mowers. Its been good for me...but I don't store that much gas either.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Ready for winter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready for winter?   Ready for winter? EmptyNovember 20th 2015, 6:44 pm

I was buying a part for my riding mower last weekend when the counter man suggested that I put gasoline without ethanol in all my power equipment at only $8 a quart. Tractor holds around 8 gallons. They are out of their minds!

Ready for winter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready for winter?   Ready for winter? EmptyNovember 23rd 2015, 1:02 am

TheQuig wrote:
I was buying a part for my riding mower last weekend when the counter man suggested that I put gasoline without ethanol in all my power equipment at only $8 a quart. Tractor holds around 8 gallons. They are out of their minds!

Wish I was closer, Rich ... I'd bring you some. Filled up the little Italian staff car Friday- BP Amoco Ultimate Premium 91 octane non ethanol ... $2.79/ gallon. Use it in all my power equipment (trimmer, chainsaw, tractor), too ... you can really tell the difference. Quite a few stations are now carrying non- ethanol gas in my neck of the woods. Good thing too ... ethanol bites the big one. $8.00/quart? .... your parts guy must be trying for early retirement.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

Ready for winter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready for winter?   Ready for winter? EmptyNovember 23rd 2015, 6:51 am

Ethanol free gas in the United States and Canada... PURE GAS
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
TheQuig

TheQuig

Ready for winter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready for winter?   Ready for winter? EmptyNovember 23rd 2015, 11:41 am

Greg,
Thanks for the list. There is one station in NJ, Lucky for me it is only about 40 minutes away in a rural town. Once I clean the tank in my Dodge - M-37 I'm going to need about 30 gallons. I'm also going to look at the premium gas in town as the repair place recommended using it over the regular I have been using.

Ready for winter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready for winter?   Ready for winter? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ready for winter?
Page 1 of 1