Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old Chevy Commercials

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Old Chevy Commercials Empty
PostSubject: Old Chevy Commercials   Old Chevy Commercials EmptyMarch 3rd 2015, 12:57 pm

Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Old Chevy Commercials   Old Chevy Commercials EmptyMarch 3rd 2015, 3:02 pm

Yep they work as long as your logged into FB.

Check out the flex in the frame between the cab and bed in the logging commercial. Square wheel wells ohh blasphemy.

Betting they blew up after they unhooked them. Smile
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Old Chevy Commercials   Old Chevy Commercials EmptyMarch 3rd 2015, 3:06 pm

I bet they bent the frame in that logging one. It wasn't looking so good.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Old Chevy Commercials   Old Chevy Commercials EmptyMarch 3rd 2015, 3:08 pm

It straightened out when it accelerated (gummy bear like).  Makes one appreciate even more the products of today.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Old Chevy Commercials   Old Chevy Commercials EmptyMarch 3rd 2015, 3:26 pm

We had a 76 Chevy Cheyenne, 350, 3 on the tree standard, that I learned to drive on. No power steering, no ac, nothing, had to stand on the clutch to press it down, but it ran like a raped ape.

Rusted out quicker than a peeled apple turns brown too.

I remember when Dad bought it, we drove it home and immediately gutted out the catalytic convertor and beat out the "unleaded" only gas nozzle to accept the larger "Regular" nozzle and never ran unleaded in it other than the tank it came with.

Buddy of mine had a 72 that looked identical to the one in the 747 commercial, same paint scheme. It was a beast too.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Old Chevy Commercials   Old Chevy Commercials EmptyMarch 4th 2015, 11:51 am

We had a 1969 C10 with tommy lift on the tail gate. One of the best riding trucks I remember.

Had a buddy with a 1983 reg cab dually (1996'ish). 350. Actual four speed, but really only three usable forward gears. First gear was so low it would only get the truck moving like 2 mph. Was good when towing, normal driving just started in second. No AC. Gas gauge didn't work. Trying to remember if any of the gauges worked.

Lived most of it's life in Kentucky. Floor pan rusted through. Floor mats cover the holes, you didn't place your feet on the floor mats in fear of making the issue worse.

It was rickety, leaked, but would tow, if you call it that. At 60 mph doing down he highway it must have tach'd 4500 rpm the entire time. 9 to 10 mpg (hand calculated).

We called it the danger dually.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Old Chevy Commercials   Old Chevy Commercials EmptyMarch 4th 2015, 2:16 pm

joemac wrote:
It was rickety, leaked, but would tow, if you call it that.  At 60 mph doing down he highway it must have tach'd 4500 rpm the entire time.  9 to 10 mpg (hand calculated).

4.56 gears and no overdrive will do that!
I had a 1977 K20, 350/th400/np203 full time 4wd and 4.56 gears.

Todays powertrains are so much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Chevy Commercials   Old Chevy Commercials Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Chevy Commercials
Page 1 of 1