Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A little cold out

Go down 
+9
theshyguy
erude
ggbaird
Bambam
Hilux
Diesel Dan
pup
rustbucket
TheQuig
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scout

Scout

A little cold out - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2015, 1:08 pm

Freezing rain is one thing I really don't miss. It was nothing but wrecks all over the roads every time that happened.

A little cold out - Page 2 Fuckwinter
Back to top Go down
toyboxrv

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2015, 10:10 pm

Was 6 this am with blowing snow from yesterday. Not much in the way of needed moisture and a far cry from the mid 60s of last week. Expecting more snow this week.
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 24th 2015, 12:54 am

TheQuig wrote:
Have you been able to plug it in? I used a timer that would turn on 4 hours before I needed to start the truck on those cold days.

Yes at the house or at firehouse if I know I am going to be leaving it for a long period of time
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 24th 2015, 10:23 pm

Once it got below 25 for the winter, I would put on my grill cover and use the timer every night. I liked getting into a truck that started easy and had heat within a minute or two. If I didn't plug it in, it would take 5-6 miles of driving before any heat would come up.
With my wife out of commission, I drive a different vehicle every day in this weather. I start Mondays with the pickup, Tuesday the Yukon, and then the Altima and finally the civic. The cars sit way too much in the winter with one boy away at school.

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 25th 2015, 10:54 pm

I'll gladly use it! Sick and tired of the headache. I just moved 6" of melted snow water and ice from my side of the driveway enterance.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 27th 2015, 8:05 pm

You know your getting used to winter when you get up and think "14 degrees, pretty warm today"!

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 27th 2015, 8:18 pm

High of 17 here. Got up this morning to find about 3 inches of snow outside. Luckily it was so dry it didn't stick to anything so I had no trouble getting to work. Only trouble I had getting home was the idiots wasn't to do just over idle slowing everyone down and making people change lanes which is the worse thing you can do. Luckily again, it stayed so cold today that the snow stayed dry and didn't form a lot of ice.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 4:36 pm

More snow yesterday and today, schools closed both days. That's good and bad, day off but no pay. It would have been the first week that I have been a substitute that I would have worked all 5 full days. There have been so many snow days that spring break will be cut back a few days.

Got up this morning and snow had stopped so it was time for the snowblower. I thought it would be easy but the plows had been by last night and the temp dropped to 9F so the snow was frozen and a little tough to move. I still had a plume of 30' and with no wind it went where I wanted it to. Total of 12", not too bad.

pup

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 6:03 pm

It was 25 yesterday, about an inch of ice with 3 inches of snow on top of that. Shut down the entire area due the ice on the roads.

Its 50 and sunny today, only a few bits of snow left in the shade. Can't really tell it even happened.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 7:18 pm

Next week were going up into the 40's. That will be a nice change. Depending on what school does with the spring break, were supposed to go to Georgia for the first week in April. I don't think they have had a warm winter either though.

Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2015, 3:59 pm

32° and sunny, whole lot o melting going on ! bounce

Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2015, 6:11 pm

Bambam wrote:
32° and sunny, whole lot o melting going on ! bounce

Around the same here too. Nice for a change. Suppose to be getting a bit warmer temps in the next few days also.

A little cold out - Page 2 Image69
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2015, 6:35 pm

Coil springs often pop up around the corner peeking at you? That's either a little spooky or the cold has made you guys slightly delirious or delusional.

Last edited by joemac on March 7th 2015, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2015, 6:40 pm

Would it be rude of me to mention its 64 here currently under mostly sunny skies? Just a few small pockets of snow visible in the shadows. Yea that might be interpreted as rude. So forget I thought about mentioning it.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2015, 7:38 pm

joemac wrote:
Coil springs often pop up around the corner peeking at you?  That's either a little spooky or the cold has made you guys slightly delirious or delusional.

"Spring is just around the corner."
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2015, 7:42 pm

I actually worked outside in a long sleeve tee shirt working on the duck coop. The sun reflecting off the snow made it feel a lot warmer. It was 17 when I first got up then 37 when I started and got up to 44 around 2:00 pm. Even with sun glasses I was snow blind when I first came indoors.

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2015, 7:44 pm

ggbaird wrote:
joemac wrote:
Coil springs often pop up around the corner peeking at you?  That's either a little spooky or the cold has made you guys slightly delirious or delusional.

Excellent one! I must admit I too was baffled on that one.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2015, 8:41 pm

Yep, Canadians have a good sense of humor, eh.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 9:35 am

joemac wrote:
Would it be rude of me to mention its 64 here currently under mostly sunny skies?  

If you don't have any thing nice to say........
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 7:42 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
If you don't have any thing nice to say........ Very Happy

Good advice, I won't mention it.

Last edited by joemac on March 9th 2015, 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 7:44 pm

ggbaird wrote:

Wow. Just wow. Smile Good one. Too bad I'm way to literal. You Canadians. Smile
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 7:45 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
joemac wrote:
Would it be rude of me to mention its 64 here currently under mostly sunny skies?  

If you don't have any thing nice to say........
Very Happy

So I shouldn't mention that it's been in the mid 70's clear and a tiny breeze, with a forecast that says it's going to be that way for at least the next week. Razz
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 8:45 pm

We are expecting highs barely above freezing this week, but back below freezing again the following week. Not much to brag about!
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 4:07 pm

Got out of school today and it was 60F, heading to the beach to look at the girls.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 11th 2015, 9:49 am

TheQuig wrote:
Got out of school today and it was 60F, heading to the beach to look at the girls.

Home work has to be done before you go out and play!
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 EmptyMarch 11th 2015, 4:44 pm

But I want to go out and play! I can do it after dinner.

PostSubject: Re: A little cold out   A little cold out - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A little cold out
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2