Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spring has officially arrived.

Go down 
+4
ggbaird
Diesel Dan
joemac
pup
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Spring has officially arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 10:05 pm

Got our first tornado just to the north of us and it's hailing.

Spring in North Texas.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 3rd 2014, 10:27 pm

Spring has officially arrived. 1239734_10201749116350972_1417355609_n

I'll have to check out my truck and Zach's car in the morning. Damn near golf ball size hail for 5 minutes or so.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 9:34 am

Torn up window screens, window seals busted on most west and south side windows, one window cracked with a couple of others still to check.

Just replaced the roof last year due to a storm.  Going to inspect it here in a bit to see how it made out.

Spring has officially arrived. IMG_2338

Spring has officially arrived. IMG_2339

Last edited by joemac on April 4th 2014, 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 9:36 am

The truck has dings on the hood and roof now. Just phucking great. Got to take a look at my house roof too. I expect some degree of phuckage there too.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 9:37 am

If I lived in your areas I'd have a metal roof and functional shutters on the house.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 9:49 am

Just to the west of us in Denton, they got grapefruit size hail. I heard one report that it was coming through the roof of a Wal-Mart
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 9:51 am

Love the metal roof. Love to have one. Love the ascetic look. At the cost of R&R'ing a new asphalt roof on a medium size house say $12k give or take. Metal roof would be in the neighborhood of $24k right at twice the cost. Just about finished with the fence project, on side left. Seems like I'm working to simply pay for mother natures rath. Maybe an abandoned ICBM facility is in the cards. Multiple problems solved.

HOA's will certainly want to throw a tizzy round these parts. Being neighbors with the head of the HOA architectural committee chairman has some benefits. HOA's simply suck but are a reality for many of us that live even remotely close to civilization down here. If people would simply take care of their property and not get all pissy when confronted we could eliminate HOA's.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 9:53 am

Yea saw a couple pictures last night posted the hail stones were as big as your hand extended from finger tip to wrist. I was Jedi mind tricking that crap to track north of us as it moved east.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 9:56 am

Spring has officially arrived. 25156406_BG2
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 9:57 am

A co-worker over north of Farmersville had a tornado go through his property. Patio roof gone, fence gone and some other damage.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 10:11 am

Was watching 5 last night, they had a reporter driving down the road camera pointed off the left, you could see multiple transformer flashes, traces of debre kicking up, the reporter, anchor, weather staff didn't say anything about the shot. One of the producers someone should have caught it. No they just breezed right on.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 10:21 am

He was too busy saying his devotionals to Obama.. That's what passes for reporters these days.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 12:03 pm

Good to see you guys faired the storm ok. Hopefully damage is at a minimum. That's some crazy hail, or baseballs to be more accurate.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 12:23 pm

joemac wrote:
Spring has officially arrived. 25156406_BG2

Getting hit in the head from that falling from the sky would make for a very bad day. Damage to property is one thing. But that looks like it would be lethal if it was to hit someone.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 7:03 pm

I've never experienced hail bigger than a marble. Tornadoes, hail, Tony Romo, you guys have it bad! Wink

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 4th 2014, 8:44 pm

All we get here in Lubbock is the dawn wind. And the only thing it carries in is a pound of sand per square foot. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 5th 2014, 11:47 am

I was wondering, is there a rider for your auto insurance for hail? I know when I lived in South FLA way back they had a rider for coconuts. I be pissed if I had a new vehicle and it got dented by hail.

Jason, how did the new jeep make out?

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 5th 2014, 11:48 am

theshyguy wrote:
All we get here in Lubbock is the dawn wind. And the only thing it carries in is a pound of sand per square foot. Ugh!

All year? or just spring and summer?

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 5th 2014, 1:15 pm

TheQuig wrote:
I was wondering, is there a rider for your auto insurance for hail? I know when I lived in South FLA way back they had a rider for coconuts. I be pissed if I had a new vehicle and it got dented by hail.

We had a bad hail storm a few years back, and a girl from work who had an extended cab Sierra, 95-98ish, had a lot of hail pings in the hood and roof. I don't know if she had a separate clause for hail damage or not She did get it fixed through her insurance no problem, but the truck was never the same. I guess a couple of the dents were at the top windshield seal, and it leaked every time it was damp out. Twice she had it brought back to get fixed after the initial repair, but the issue was never resolved. She finally got rid of the truck.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 5th 2014, 1:28 pm

ggbaird wrote:
but the truck was never the same. I guess a couple of the dents were at the top windshield seal, and it leaked every time it was damp out. Twice she had it brought back to get fixed after the initial repair, but the issue was never resolved. She finally got rid of the truck.
That is odd, must be more too the story.
These new windshields that are sealed with urethane could have large dents and still not leak if enough sealer is used.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 6th 2014, 7:19 am

Our insurance covers hail damage. Part of the comprehensive coverage. Regular deductibles apply.

Jeep is fine. I keep it and the Harley under the carport.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 6th 2014, 11:56 am

Good to hear, it would be a shame to see dings in the new jeep.

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 7th 2014, 10:08 am

All year here. We had a bad sand storm about a month ago. Only thing that stops it is snow. Otherwise the sand can dry out fast enough after a rain the top layer will still blow around.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 7th 2014, 10:11 am

I'm going to try to make a ride out there sometime later this year, just for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 7th 2014, 12:13 pm

And to think last year there was a drought with a low water levels in the Mississippi river.

It's still terrible drought conditions in the west. AZ has had a very mild winter.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 7th 2014, 12:15 pm

That was the first significant rain we've had in months and months. Lake by the house is still 12ft low, even after raining all weekend. We are still well below normal rain fall totals for the year.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 7th 2014, 12:52 pm

As much as I hear about the lakes being low and declaration of drought, there's little if anything being discussed or done with the water infrastructure. There's no dialog around the 100k to 150k people that are coming here annually to the area and how much demand has increased without addressing supply.

There are municipalities in California which have all but dried up. While doing zero to increase supply. When was our countries last great water project? Hoover dam with Mead lake in the 1930's. Nothing like it since. After decades of use and ever increasing demand, it's now a shock we're running out of water. We haven't done anything to address it. Surely the greatest country and the world can produce a solution here. Naaa too many wars to fight.

Check out lake Mead now. Spring has officially arrived. Article-2549619-1B1BFE0D00000578-419_964x639

I thought there were some projects in play to pull water from east Texas, but not certain. Haven't heard of any net new water projects.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 7th 2014, 12:56 pm

Wow, that is quite the drop.

I know Lake Huron's water levels are down significantly too. Not sure about the rest of the Great Lakes.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 7th 2014, 1:06 pm

Spring has officially arrived. Graphingengine
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. EmptyApril 7th 2014, 1:19 pm

34+ ft drop in 2 years, that's pretty substantial.
With the loss of head pressure the KW output has to be dropping for the power plant as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring has officially arrived.   Spring has officially arrived. Empty

Back to top Go down

Spring has officially arrived.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next