Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No spring here ....

Go down 
+2
TheQuig
rustbucket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rustbucket

No spring here .... Empty
PostSubject: No spring here ....   No spring here .... EmptyApril 15th 2018, 12:58 am

No spring here .... started snowing Friday about lunchtime and hasn't stopped yet .... between 8" and 20" is forecast. Blizzard conditions at times with 50-60 mph gusts. Bare ground on the driveway in places and 3'+ drifts a few feet away in places. Not what I expected going on the third week in April Mad   .... but it happens.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: No spring here ....   No spring here .... EmptyApril 15th 2018, 5:34 pm

It's going to be a real late spring, and then quickly in summer and high temps it seems. Friday coming home from school it was 83. Today it looks like a high of 42 with heavy rain for the next 2 days.

A couple of weeks ago I thought I was long past winter and put the snow blower away. Wrong!

pup

PostSubject: Re: No spring here ....   No spring here .... EmptyApril 16th 2018, 11:50 am

Real bouncy weather here. It'll warm up, big cold front rolls in, epic hail and tornados, then back to the 30's and 40's. Warming up again this week.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: No spring here ....   No spring here .... EmptyApril 17th 2018, 6:41 pm

I was walking in between two of the blimp hangars today ( One the Hindenburg would have gone into and the other being used for making all the arresting cables on our carriers) and it felt like I was in a wind tunnel. I almost didn't bring a jacket in today as they said it would reach 50. Glad I did, wish I brought a winter parka. I thought I was going to get frost bite waiting for the kids to get on the school buses.

pup

PostSubject: Re: No spring here ....   No spring here .... EmptyApril 18th 2018, 9:48 am

Wind was blowing 30 to 40 out of the south all day yesterday, gonna be 20 to 30 out of the north all day today.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: No spring here ....   No spring here .... EmptyApril 18th 2018, 9:29 pm

It hasn't been too bad in the southwest. Although a few days ago wind gusts were in the 40's and 70's in the mountains. That's when pollen and allergies take flight.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: No spring here ....   No spring here .... EmptyApril 19th 2018, 11:36 pm

Here about a week and a half ago I went to work and it was 29 degrees and then we got to a high of 91 degrees. Biggest temperature swing I can ever remember having.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

PostSubject: Re: No spring here ....   No spring here .... EmptyApril 22nd 2018, 11:21 pm

What a difference a week makes- hit 63 today ... nice! Most of the snow is gone; three days ago the end of the driveway by the road looked like a river from the snow melt. Thankfully the driveway didn't get washed out.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: No spring here ....   No spring here .... EmptyApril 23rd 2018, 11:23 am

I actually mowed the back yard yesterday. While the dog has pretty much ruined the grass, I didn't want to step in poop that I didn't see. Cleaned up all the dog poop yesterday, cleaned out and replaced the bedding in the duck pen. 18 eggs yesterday. Another couple hundred more eggs and it will pay for their food and bedding.

PostSubject: Re: No spring here ....   No spring here .... EmptyMay 2nd 2018, 12:01 am

I need to mow my lawn. It's been raining so much, it looks like I am growing corn on my property! lol!
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: No spring here ....   No spring here .... EmptyMay 7th 2018, 8:59 pm

Send some rain this way please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No spring here ....   No spring here .... Empty

Back to top Go down

No spring here ....
Page 1 of 1