Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Garden tractor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
theshyguy

Garden tractor Empty
PostSubject: Garden tractor   Garden tractor EmptyNovember 22nd 2013, 8:01 pm

Any of you remember the old two wheeled garden tractors? My grandfather had one that my aunt now has but has used in years. I barely remember him using it but always thought it was cool. She is giving it to me if I can ever get down to Waco to get it. But after looking online I see that nearly all of them on ebay are in the NE area. I think they are pretty need and was just wondering if any of you remember them or ever used them. Gravely, Simplicity, David Bradley......
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Garden tractor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden tractor   Garden tractor EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 12:16 pm

They still make them, Sears still sells them. I had a choice when I bought mine in 2012, to buy either a yard or garden tractor. The garden tractors where slightly larger, more horse power, and most had a PTO.

Garden tractor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden tractor   Garden tractor EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 3:27 pm

Ive never seen one or can find one on their website. They still make some from Grillo and BSC but they are crazy expensive.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Garden tractor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden tractor   Garden tractor EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 10:20 pm

The lawn tractor I bought was 22 hp and really bigger than I needed, but I was still tempted at the time to buy the Garden Tractor. At times I wish I did, but my lawn tractor has been a good work horse.
Reading over your post, I just noticed you said two wheeled Garden Tractors. I was thinking four wheels when I posted this link.

Try this link for Sears Garden Tractors:
http://www.sears.com/riding-mowers-tractors-garden-tractors/b-1021806

joemac

Garden tractor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden tractor   Garden tractor EmptyNovember 24th 2013, 11:19 am

We had a Sears unit as well when we lived on Oklahoma as a kid. Outside of the belts on the mower deck, we didn't have much of any issues with it.

Three forward gears, reverse. Throttle lever. Large blade engagement handle, or was it the deck height adjustment on one side. Ours was a brownish yellow and white.

Best attachment was the utility trailer. By far used more than anything else. To remove and or change out attachments from the drive system was a PITA if my memory is correct.

I'm about 2 hours from Waco. Let me know if there's anything I can assist.

Crazy expensive for anything new.. Yea thank the Federal Reserve for most of that. They do such a fine job of managing the value of our currency.

My Dad's '69 GTO was $3400 dollars if memory serves me right. My '95 Z28 was $20,600.

Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Garden tractor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden tractor   Garden tractor EmptyNovember 24th 2013, 12:24 pm

There is some nice ones on ebay. If they are in good shape they are expensive but incredibly cool to me bc so many still have nearly all original parts. There is an ad on ebay of 3 shells and a ton of accessories for $ 725 down outside waco. Wish I had the money bc it would be really cool to rebuild them with new engines.

A guy here in Lubbock has a perfext looking one butbis wanting $1600 I believe. And another guy has a 2 wheeled and a one wheeled with some attachments. Both need new engines. He wants $300-$350 for all which to me is still too high.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Garden tractor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden tractor   Garden tractor EmptyNovember 24th 2013, 12:24 pm

Back to top Go down
bones

bones

Garden tractor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden tractor   Garden tractor EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 11:01 am

Here's my 'garden' tractor Smile

Garden tractor IMG_20131014_124521_882_zps01c0e694
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Garden tractor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden tractor   Garden tractor EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 12:10 pm

We had a David Bradley when growing up. It went to the scrap yard, other than collectors I can't see why you would want one.

They really couldn't pull that much as far as moving dirt because of low HP and weight. They had no reverse so you had to man handle them a lot. One direction over running drive hubs to act as a differential to allow you to turn, would make a click,click,click as one hub over ran during a turn. Biggest safety downfall is those hubs allowed it to run away uncontrolled down a hill.

We kept some of the implements and altered them to pull behind a modern garden tractor.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Garden tractor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden tractor   Garden tractor EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 1:52 pm

bones wrote:
Here's my 'garden' tractor Smile

Garden tractor IMG_20131014_124521_882_zps01c0e694
Now that's cheating the system! Garden, errrr heavy construction! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garden tractor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden tractor   Garden tractor Empty

Back to top Go down

Garden tractor
Page 1 of 1