Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Knockout Game

Go down 
+6
ggbaird
Yota_fan
erude
Diseasel
TheQuig
joemac
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joemac

joemac

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 15th 2013, 6:54 pm

'Knockout game' gains attention as video report goes viral
By John Mariani | jmariani@syracuse.com
Follow on Twitter
on November 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM, updated November 14, 2013 at 10:50 AM
The Knockout Game 13770558-large
Quote :
Teacher James D. Addlespurger, right, falls to the ground, the victim of a purported knockout game attack broadcast by CBS New York.
Quote :
The "knockout game" that outraged the Syracuse area earlier this year when two teenagers playing it attacked and killed Michael Daniels on West Brighton Avenue is getting renewed attention as reports spread about Jews being targeted in Brooklyn and the death of a homeless man in Hoboken, N.J.

The New York Police Department's Hate Crimes Unit is investigating reports that a group of men is playing "Knock Out the Jew" in Brooklyn. A 64-year-old man told CBS New York in a report posted Tuesday that he and his 12-year-old son were attacked. Video in the report also shows a 19-year-old Jewish man being sucker punched.
More at Syracuse.com
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 15th 2013, 7:28 pm

I'll ask my son what he has heard, he goes to school in Hoboken. Most of the city is slum, but a section around his school is like a mini-Manhattan loaded with yuppies. He knows how many blocks he can travel until it is not safe.

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 16th 2013, 11:09 am

Back to top Go down
erude

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 18th 2013, 11:00 am

TheQuig wrote:
I'll ask my son what he has heard, he goes to school in Hoboken. Most of the city is slum, but a section around his school is like a mini-Manhattan loaded with yuppies. He knows how many blocks he can travel until it is not safe.
For him or the natives, or is this the other son?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 18th 2013, 8:14 pm

This is the 19 year old. The 38 year old lives in my town.
My 19 year old would be one of the targets as his mother is Jewish.

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 19th 2013, 3:21 am

Another excellent reason not to live in the North Eastern part of this country..
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 19th 2013, 11:00 am

I recall a Mike Tyson interview years ago where he told stories of punching unsuspecting people on the side walk while a teenager. He grew up in New Your City. Probably the only thing different today are street security cameras and personal phones w/cameras.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 19th 2013, 2:21 pm

It's happening in cities across the U.S. New York, D.C., Chicago. Typically they will run up from behind like the brave individuals they are and punch the person in the head from behind. This includes women also. A lot of videos about this. Is this not racism?

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 19th 2013, 2:36 pm

There's already been at least one death associated with the 'game' (not exactly what I would call). It's also becoming a big thing in Canada and the UK. Definitely not just the north east States.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 19th 2013, 3:16 pm

Besides giving up the streets I'm not sure what else can be done. Those security cameras are almost worthless, such poor resolution. Maybe decoy citizens with police waiting in the wings?

Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 19th 2013, 5:30 pm

TheQuig wrote:
It's happening in cities across the U.S. New York, D.C., Chicago. Typically they will run up from behind like the brave individuals they are and punch the person in the head from behind. This includes women also. A lot of videos about this. Is this not racism?
Most of it does seem to originate from one ethic group as the source and other ethic groups on the receiving end.

In my simple small world it comes down to moral character, the person you are, and the person you want to become. How would society with strong civil and moral character rate your person.

One of these incidents happened to a pro baseball player, Texas Ranger in Baltimore I believe earlier this year.

We're really done a disservice by the media for under reporting stuff like this. I don't care what color of skin someone has, just inform me of the actual occurrence of fact.

Can't count the number of times reading a article on a recent crime with, "the suspect is still at large and police are looking for the suspect". Nine times out of ten the suspect description is absent. How am I as an able body citizen able to aid my fellow community, maybe I've seen the person or live next door, if the politically correct description is all is published I'm removed from providing anything useful. I usually have to search through several or even a dozen articles to locate the suspects description. Often times from a local TV station web site article comments section, being citizens who have some direct knowledge. That's the disservice our media plays an is complicit in under reporting the actual occurrence. This allows for such crime to flourish, because no one knows about it because for all practical purposes it's purposely hidden from the public.

In the past 5 years I've had two homicides within golfing distance. One about a 7 iron shot, and the other likely a 2 iron or driver. There's a sexual predator at the end of my block, and 12 in total within a 1/2 a mile radius of my house. 2 houses on my block have been broken into within the last year. A 17 year old kid living across from me was facing charges of felony larceny, I believe. He's since moved out, but damn when you put the entire pie together, it sucks is putting it lightly.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 20th 2013, 8:24 pm

Whoops, crapped out wrong person to play the game on.

It's inevitable when you roll the dice too many times.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 20th 2013, 8:52 pm

I think it is safe to say that this is a black on white crime. Why the media doesn't call it what it truly is amazes me.

Joemac, I guess the guy across the street is a PW distance or sand wedge? Just kidding, I like the point of distance references. I was telling my son a couple weeks ago after leaving the driving range that after a while he will be able to look at a distance and figure out what club to use.

joemac

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 21st 2013, 12:18 pm

Golf distance is how my dad and I bring relevance to many line of site distance discussions.  Smile  To some it's like speaking in code.  Smile

The neighbor kid thug, yea open face sand wedge, open stance, 25 yards.  Nice soft landing, touch of back spin with little run out.

It's not politically correct to call a spade a spade today.  We don't want to hurt anyone feelings by speaking the honest truth.  Thus we mask the real issues with our country, people "Can't handle the truth!".  We coddle and enable these thuggish and dishonest behaviors to flourish instead of dealing with it head on like conscionable adults.

Last edited by joemac on November 21st 2013, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 21st 2013, 12:44 pm

When we started not letting kids win at T-Ball, the rest was just a matter of time. We are now a country of losers flocked together trying not to hurt anyone's precious feelings.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 21st 2013, 2:23 pm

Euphemisms. Best explained by Mr. Carlin.

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 21st 2013, 8:42 pm

Again an article in today's paper talks about the knockout game and not once mention is being committed by black youths on whites. It must not be a crime unless it is reversed.

Admin
Bambam

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 21st 2013, 10:19 pm

joemac wrote:
Euphemisms.  Best explained by Mr. Carlin.

The Knockout Game 2602728110 The Knockout Game 2602728110 The Knockout Game 2602728110 The Knockout Game 2602728110 

Back to top Go down
shatto

shatto

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 22nd 2013, 8:38 pm

News story: "The two black teens accused of murdering the 88-year-old WWII vet now have a vigilante bounty on their heads."
Shatto's story: When I was in the Army, black soldiers showed me a M-60 Machine Gun they stole and were taking home; to be ready if a 'race war' broke out.
Question: Are today's young blacks trying to start a race war?
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 22nd 2013, 8:52 pm

Did you consider turning them in for stealing government property?

I don't think they're trying start a race war. I'd guess those young blacks are just dumb, bored, and trying to get their jollies off. Given the number of guns and ammo in homes today, they'd be unmatched and unprepared for a race war.

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 22nd 2013, 9:26 pm

Welfare has robbed young blacks of their fathers. The gubbment is a piss poor father. So what we have is young blacks with no concept of human decency. No respect for life. No respect for property. Just no respect period. The 47% is growing too. This will get worse before it gets better. Arm yourselves while you still can.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 12:13 pm

I would venture to say a very small percentage of young blacks want a race war. There is a man in the news for some time now that still works for but has been suspended with pay by the Department of Homeland Security. He has a hate web site saying kill as many whites as you can. If I can be called white, but blacks want to be addressed as African Americans, then I insist on being called an Irish American.

joemac

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 25th 2013, 2:26 pm

Analyzing FBI uniform crime reports over years and decades sheds light onto what ethic groups, attempt to appease, and those that foster hate toward other groups.  The metrics cut through the emotion and the flim flam.  The reports identify what's a real occurrence of history void of all the conjecture and propaganda.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 25th 2013, 2:30 pm

joemac wrote:
Analyzing FBI uniform crime reports over years and decades sheds light onto what ethic groups, attempt to appease, and those that foster hate toward other groups.  The metrics cut through the emotion and the flim flam.  The reports identify what's a real occurrence of history void of all the conjecture and propaganda.
Any links to this data? Sounds interesting.

More reason for stand your ground laws allowing for lethal force since so many people don't consider a punch deadly.

How can an older person "retreat" from a group of younger thugs intent on trying to knock them out?
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 25th 2013, 6:06 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
joemac wrote:
Any links to this data? Sounds interesting.

More reason for stand your ground laws allowing for lethal force since so many people don't consider a punch deadly.

How can an older person "retreat" from a group of younger thugs intent on trying to knock them out?
From what I understand, there's no chance to retreat because the victims never see it coming. It would be hard to avoid every group of younger thugs, particularly for those living in large metropolitan areas.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
joemac

joemac

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 1:24 pm

One could walk on the other side of the street, or turn around and find another path. Then however one would get accused of all kinds of judgmental thoughts. When the reality is that someone is just trying to lessen or mitigate the risk of being assaulted or killed walking to a destination. If people all shared a common high level of civility and morality with how they operate in public this wouldn't be a problem. That's the core issue, but it's not comfortable for many groups to admit they participate in such activity.

I believe even our current President has noted that occurrences years ago when people choose to walk on the other side of the street. Well Mr. President, people just aren't certain which type of individual they will come across, one with high morals, or those playing a "game". Thus avoiding the situation fundamentally changes the possible chances of outcome.

We all know that walking on the other side of the street isn't a solution. The real solution that needs to be addressed is responsible behavior, being civil, kindness, consideration for others, and operating with a high moral standard. Chance of that happening? Slim to none. Thus why the situation is what it is.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 1:30 pm

Interesting data to wade through....

Murder Victims by Weapon, 2007 -2011
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

Justifiable Homicide by Weapon (Law Enforcement)
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-14

Justifiable Homicide by Weapon (Private Citizen)
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-15

Particularly interesting to look at the "rifle" statistics cause that's the number one threat we're told and by what the power structure is our main problem with gun violence with these military style "assault" weapons. :/

Have they looked at these statistics? Yes they have. They know the statistics, but they aren't genuine with they're intent. They're intent is control, control is power or outright authoritarianism.

Number of murders by firearm is dropping by around 500 per year. Justifiable homicide by both law enforcement and citizens is pretty consistent.

[url=http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/preliminary-semiannual-uniform-crime-report-january-june-2012/data-tables/table_3_percent_change_for_consecutive_years_2012.xls ]http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/preliminary-semiannual-uniform-crime-report-january-june-2012/data-tables/table_3_percent_change_for_consecutive_years_2012.xls [/url]

To me this seems to indicate that as society starts to breakdown crime starts trending upward. Noting the increase in robbery, aggravated assault, property crime, burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, arson.

There's good breakdowns within and comparison on ethnicity as well.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 8:46 pm

My son came home from college for the holiday, and I asked him if he was aware of the knockout game that killed someone in the town he goes to school. The school has a good network and everyone is informed about what has been going on. He hasn't went into town since the incident but said if he does he will go in a large group from school. What a lousy way to live in fear from that stuff. He is not worried, just playing it smart.

joemac

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 10:09 pm

There's noting wrong in being smart, prepared, or aware of your surroundings.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game EmptyNovember 30th 2013, 2:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Knockout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knockout Game   The Knockout Game Empty

Back to top Go down

The Knockout Game
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next