Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ford Reliability is Bottom Fishing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Ford Reliability is Bottom Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Ford Reliability is Bottom Fishing   Ford Reliability is Bottom Fishing EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 4:43 pm

Apparently Ford reliability continues to struggle. Some of the issues are pretty well known. Our favorite Consumer Reports tallies Ford reliability near the bottom with a 26th out of 28. Hopefully Ford is close to getting a handle on it.

Quote :
The survey showed Ford, which last year ranked 27th, continues to have problems with its MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch infotainment systems. In addition, "Several EcoBoost turbocharged V6 models have poor reliability as well. Almost two-thirds of the 34 Fords and Lincolns in our survey got scores that were much worse than average," the report said.

The brand's C-Max Energi was rated its worst model.

Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Ford Reliability is Bottom Fishing   Ford Reliability is Bottom Fishing EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 7:04 pm

Lexus Toyota, Acura get the top three slots, yet ironically three Toyota models we're pulled from the CR recommended list due a poor crash test result.

Hard to categorize MFT not pulling up a contact information for some I want the system to call, versus a cam sensor giving up the ghost leaving me stranded on the side of the road as equal representation of "reliability".

IMHO they should have two categories, one for actual reliability issues and one for problems reported.

Secondly having a closed captured audience of subscribers contribute to the results by most isn't considered true open scientific analysis of owners.

That's like saying at the DNC we sampled 100 attendees and found 99 of 100 want government provided health care so that must be what everyone wants.

Whatever floats their boat.
Back to top Go down
toyboxrv

PostSubject: Re: Ford Reliability is Bottom Fishing   Ford Reliability is Bottom Fishing EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 10:25 pm

Have a 13 Fusion 1.6L Ecoboost and have had zero issues in 12k miles. Never a frozen screen on the MFT and I get better mileage than CR says I should get. The only thing unreliable is CR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ford Reliability is Bottom Fishing   Ford Reliability is Bottom Fishing Empty

Back to top Go down

Ford Reliability is Bottom Fishing
Page 1 of 1