Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chicago and Wisconsin

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Chicago and Wisconsin Empty
PostSubject: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 27th 2013, 8:49 am

Flying into Chicago later this morning and driving into Dodgeville, Wisconsin for a few days for work.

Doing an SCO Unix to Linux conversion on the fly at at 3 store dealership tomorrow. Fun times in YankeeLand.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 27th 2013, 3:09 pm

nice out today at least...
Back to top Go down
kilogulf59

kilogulf59

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 27th 2013, 5:19 pm

That's about 70 miles south of me...

Sorry to hear you have to go through Chicago...Flying into Madison would've been easier but it isn't a big airport either.

Oh and you are privileged sir...Dodgeville is the most populous city and county seat of Iowa County, Wisconsin. That's somethin' alright!
Back to top Go down
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/iccf/
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 27th 2013, 7:48 pm

Beer is cheap here compared to Dallas. It's got that going for it. I would have flown in closer, but it was a last minute deal and flights were scarce and expensive.

I did get to go through 62 straight miles of 45mph due to construction on I90 west of Chicago. That was a special kind of beating.
Back to top Go down
kilogulf59

kilogulf59

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 9:24 am

WOW and our beer is expensive due to taxes...
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 10:49 am

I-90 is a joke right now.
Back to top Go down
kilogulf59

kilogulf59

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 10:55 am

If it wasn't for the gross corruption between the construction companies and the politicians the expressways would be fine. The expressways going through Chicago are among the most heavily trafficked in the world and they are built to minimum standards so they need rebuilding every few years...envelope please...trust me, I was born, raised, and lived there for 45 years...I know.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 11:11 am

kilogulf59 wrote:
If it wasn't for the gross corruption between the construction companies and the politicians the expressways would be fine. The expressways going through Chicago are among the most heavily trafficked in the world and they are built to minimum standards so they need rebuilding every few years...envelope please...trust me, I was born, raised, and lived there for 45 years...I know.
no doubt,

I live well out from the city and it's still not far enough.

The only thing good about living around chicago is the food
Back to top Go down
kilogulf59

kilogulf59

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 11:15 am

True and that's not what it was 20 years ago...
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 8:38 pm

12 pack of Coors runs about 12-14 bucks in DFW. Under 10 bucks at the Dodgeville Super Wally World.

I'm thinking of driving to Kansas or Arizona and coming into Chicago from that direction. It has to be quicker than I90.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 9:24 pm

Brush off the drive, I'm sure the rental car your in makes the drive a pleasurable experience. More like when and the hell can I get back home so I can drive my truck again.
Back to top Go down
kilogulf59

kilogulf59

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 29th 2013, 9:35 am

My only advice is drive in between 8 at night and 5 in the morning...
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 29th 2013, 10:26 am

check and see if you can fly into Rockford...

If you can, that's the ticket..

and where I live coors is 8.99 a 12 pack at woodman's
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 29th 2013, 10:39 am

SCO? That stuff is still around? I used to administer a CLASS system that ran on SCO back in the day.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 29th 2013, 10:55 am

HEHE I used to teach a Solaris administration class back in 2001.  VI editor and a shell, there's nothing that can't be accomplished.  Wink

Some of my best work has been plagiarizing from others with a 12 pack close by. Wink
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 29th 2013, 7:35 pm

SCO is dead these days. I think some Isreali company bought the dried bones of what was left and nothing really has happened since.

The previous owners thought lawyers were a better investment than updating their aging crap. They lost in court and then went belly up altogether.

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 30th 2013, 4:47 pm

Flew home this morning. I took hwy 14 from Janesville, WI into Chicago. Stayed the night in Schaumburg by a mall complex, took some back roads into O'Hare and caught an earlier flight out. Spent about 32 seconds in security. Flight was bumpy as hell the whole way back dodging storms and landing right between a couple at DFW. Got to Park and Fly and some asshat parked his Tahoe about an inch off my drivers side door. But I bet my bootprint in his $hit buffs right out, maybe.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin EmptyOctober 30th 2013, 7:39 pm

Don't you love that. There's never a prime space open at Park and Fly it seems or they want to direct me into the next open space. Slots I could never get the old Silverado out of if there were cars populated in the spots across the isle. On a couple different occasions waited an enormous amount of time for Park and Fly to come pick me up when arriving back. I started using Parking Spot North. They seem to run more shuttles more frequently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Wisconsin   Chicago and Wisconsin Empty

Back to top Go down

Chicago and Wisconsin
Page 1 of 1