Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beverage of choice?

Go down 
+9
stretch
TheQuig
Charlie in TX
Breathing Borla
Diesel Dan
GMC D-Max
Ulmus
ggbaird
Bambam
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

Beverage of choice? Empty
PostSubject: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 27th 2013, 7:11 pm

Seeing as we're shooting the bull around the keg-o-rator, whats your favorite drink, beer,hard stuff or whatever?

Captain Morgan Black and diet cherry coke for me.

Not much of a beer drinker,but I do fancy Yuengling ! cheers
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 27th 2013, 7:23 pm

I'm a rum an coke (or Pepsi) guy myself. Prefer amber rum and usually buy Lambs, Bacardi or Capt Morgan, in that order. I've been known to slug back a few Jack and Cokes too. When I drink beer I usually buy Bud, but I'll drink almost any of it.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 27th 2013, 7:32 pm

ggbaird wrote:
I'm a rum an coke (or Pepsi) guy myself. Prefer amber rum and usually buy Lambs, Bacardi or Capt Morgan, in that order. I've been known to slug back a few Jack and Cokes too. When I drink beer I usually buy Bud, but I'll drink almost any of it.

Canadians usually always say that American beer is swill and that Labatts is the only "real" beer ! What a Face
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 27th 2013, 8:01 pm

I used to drink Labatt Blue when I was a kid. I was twenty one when I went to Germany with the military. After guzzling German beer for five years, I came back to Canada and drank Heineken for about a year and then switched to Bud. I can still drink Labatt Blue or Molson Canadian if someone else is buying it. Very Happy

We spent a lot of time riding and drinking with American clubs in Germany, and the American beer they got at the PX was all 3%. It was literally like drinking water after getting use to the Germans 8-10% beer. Most Canadian beer is 5-6%. Some strong brews are up to 8% and most light beers are 4%.

I remember this one time eight of us were on a rec run and went to a PX in Garmish, Germany to buy some beer. We had no idea how much it cost so we got four cases of 24 cans, got to the checkout and discovered it was $1.10 for a six pack. Soooo, like any good soldier would do, we went back and filled up three shopping carts with beer. What a mess.
Back to top Go down
Ulmus
Admin
Ulmus

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 12:30 am

Labatts?!? Yikes!

Whatever happened to Molsen?

I prefer Stroh's, Coors light, Stella, Shcok top, and Blue Moon.

For the hard stuff, it's gotta be 1800 Tequilla and Jameson's... neat.
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsramblingsanddaydreams.com/
GMC D-Max

GMC D-Max

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 12:35 am

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

Maritime Brewing Jolly Roger (when it's available, from around Thanksgiving until after the holidays)

A variety of red wines - I prefer Italian, mostly.

Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 1:43 am

Busch light or Jim Beam and coke/pepsi.
Don't care much for dark beers, tequila and me don't play together well Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 8:40 am

Ulmus wrote:
Labatts?!? Yikes!

Whatever happened to Molsen?

I prefer Stroh's, Coors light, Stella, Shcok top, and Blue Moon.

For the hard stuff, it's gotta be 1800 Tequilla and Jameson's... neat.

Stroh's??? OMG That stuff runs right through me, works better than EXLAX ! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 12:25 pm

coors light,

JD and dt coke

rum and dt. coke

or when i want to splurge, Templeton Rye prohibition style whiskey

i tired to link it but it wouldn't let me since I'm a newbie, LOL
Back to top Go down
GMC D-Max

GMC D-Max

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 12:42 pm

FNGs....

Sheesh!!

afro
Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 7:02 pm

I make my own beer. Seldom the same. As a buddy puts it, 'I don't eat the same meal every night why would I drink the same beer.' I currently have everything from a dark stout to an California common. Not a fan of the stout when I am fishing or or the common with a steak. I currently have 4 kegs in the kegorator.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 8:41 pm

I don't drink often, but when I do, I prefer a dark stout or JD on the rocks. My oldest son makes some decent beer, but I have some health issues and am staying away from alcohol until I'm better.
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 8:51 pm

TheQuig wrote:
I don't drink often, but when I do, I prefer a dark stout or JD on the rocks. My oldest son makes some decent beer, but I have some health issues and am staying away from alcohol until I'm better.

I thought you were going to say Do Sequis ! lol!
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 3:22 pm

I'm really that guy in the commercial, I only pretend to work in water/wastewater field.
Okay my hair and beard color matches his.

GMC D-Max

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 3:33 pm

TheQuig wrote:
I'm really that guy in the commercial, I only pretend to work in water/wastewater field.

But are you thirsty?
Back to top Go down
stretch

stretch

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 7:32 pm

I'm a fan of white russians but if I'm bar hopping all day long, I stick to Bud Light. Easier to manage intoxication level. What a Face
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 8:03 pm

I like blond Russians and they don't have to speak English.

Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 8:08 pm

stretcher wrote:
I'm a fan of white russians but if I'm bar hopping all day long, I stick to Bud Light. Easier to manage intoxication level. What a Face

Intoxication management ! I LOVE IT drunken

Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 9:04 pm

Can you pick more than one?
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 9:05 pm

I like the one that says contains alcohol.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 10:21 pm

GMC D-Max wrote:
TheQuig wrote:

But are you thirsty?

As a matter of fact Yes! I will break my own rule and drink a couple of Stouts my oldest brewed.

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 11:09 pm

Jack neat, Red Stag and Regular, Wild Turkey for hard stuff. Bud, Guinness, BlueMoon, Sam Adams, New Castle, Brooklyn Lager and Blue Point namely for beer. But I do dislike Jager and light beer. I also under no circumstance drink Vodka, Jager, or Tequila. Vodka turns me to a violent beast, Jager no matter if it's one or ten or what it is with gives me a hangover. Tequila has same result as Vodka but it is hit or miss so I avoid it.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 11:26 am

I get hangovers with Vodka no matter what the brand. The problem is I do like a white russian and and a good spicy bloody mary once or twice a year. Good Bourbon and Whiskey in moderation 6- 8 oz. don't leave me with a hangover, but one drink of the above mentioned will.

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 11:52 am

Ya, I can't do Vodka either. It just hates me after a stupid encounter way back in my teens.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 11:56 am

When we were kids around 17, we didn't know how to mix drinks, thought you mixed 1 quart Vodka to 1 quart orange juice. Lessen learned the hard way.

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 11:57 am

Ouch . We got a bottle of everclear and tried to mix it. A 64 ounce soda with a shot of ever clear makes a 64 ounce soda nasty.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 12:02 pm

Exactly!! I was 17 and on my way to a school dance. We lived out in the sticks so we had a bus coming for us. I was trying to impress some girls and chugged about 60 oz. of Smirnoff. I remember getting on the bus... and then I remember my father driving me home from the hospital. Had to get pumped out... lovely! Six weeks of videos and lectures at the cop shop about teens and alcohol abuse and banned from all school activities for the rest of the year.
Ya, me and vodka haven't seen eye to eye since.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 12:21 pm

OUCH!!

Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 8:20 pm

Did a quart of Yukon Jack chased with orange soda one night, puked my ever loving guts out, which wasn't as bad as the night I did 10 Bud lights and 6 Kamikazi shots, I hurt for days ! Beverage of choice? 2779125725

Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? EmptyMarch 3rd 2013, 10:08 am

Vodka makes me a very angry and then violent drunk if provoked. Punched a guy out once out with a friend his g/f at the time and her friends. I overheard the guy and his friends making fun of me for wearing cowboy boots. When some people joined our group and they started, my friend suggested they didn't make that mistake someone already paid. I sent them kicking stones when I got in their face. It's the last time I take a shot of something some cute girl bought for me without asking what it is first. She felt real bad, I didn't till a few hours later trying to tie horses in the trailer and couldn't remember why hand hurt so bad and couldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beverage of choice?   Beverage of choice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Beverage of choice?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: