Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Shoes

Go down 
+2
ggbaird
joemac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joemac

joemac

New Shoes Empty
PostSubject: New Shoes   New Shoes EmptyMay 19th 2013, 12:20 am

After sitting on the transportation distribution lot in east Dallas for 10 days, at last have new shoes. Observing several thunderstorms and storm systems with significant hail pass north and south of the location for the past few days, finally picked it up at the dealer yesterday.

F150 Lariat super crew, 4x4 OR, 3.5 EB, 3.73's, 6.5' bed, platinum white with adobe accent.

Feels good to be responsible for my own transportation again, without borrowing someone else's.

New Shoes IMG_1738

New Shoes IMG_1740
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

New Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Shoes   New Shoes EmptyMay 19th 2013, 6:53 am

Very nice! Congrats Derek!
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

New Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Shoes   New Shoes EmptyMay 19th 2013, 10:23 am

congrats derek, nice truck!!

can't wait to get mine.

show us a shot of the interior, does it have leather?

I don't know fords trim levels, what comes with the lariat?

2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 , 33" Cooper ST Maxx on RW Wheels (sold)
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Shoes   New Shoes EmptyMay 19th 2013, 11:22 am

Congrats on the new truck, looks nice, enjoy it. Although the 2002 diesel was a great truck, these ride so nice and you won't have to "hunt" for fuel. Good luck!

joemac

New Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Shoes   New Shoes EmptyMay 19th 2013, 8:31 pm

Thanks for the kind comments. It's good to have a vehicle again. You know I never had an issue with locating diesel round these parts. Within a 2.5 mile radius from my house we have eight stations with diesel. Smile
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

New Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Shoes   New Shoes EmptyMay 19th 2013, 9:29 pm

It does have leather. I actually would prefer cloth. I for whatever weird reason like GM's old rat fur cloth interior. Cloth interior these days seems more course, which I just can't get fond of. I opted for leather on this one. I hope it wears well over time. If not my dad found a greater interior guy that's local.

Not a very good picture, sorry.
New Shoes IMG_1743

Ford has so many trim levels, they all start to blur together after a while. There's even items not listed on the brochure that I've found that are different. The Platinum trim has soft leather padded door arm rests. The Lariat has a faux vinyl soft touch material.

Lariat is typically a mid trim model. Comes stand with the 5.0, 10 way seating, and various small bits like adjustable pedals, heated seats, dual zone climate, and small exterior and interior trim differences, painted door handle bezels, wheel lip moldings, power folding mirrors, and the like.

I tossed in the 502A package and the off road and max trailer tow with 3.73's locking rear differential. The locking rear is kinda cheezy. It's manual activation, you have to pull out a knob to activate it. The GM G80 mechanical unit would lock on one wheel turning X number of revolutions compared to the other. Thus no automatic engagement.

There are some subtle oddities or difference of which I'm not accustomed.

#1 The door detents. When opening the door the first detent is at about 25 degrees, not really enough to get out, there doesn't appear to be another detent. Thus its 25 degrees or fully open door.

#2 Not a fan of the console mounted shifter. I still would prefer the column if available.

#3 It certainly drives softer than the 2500HD. Just not confident with it yet when taking high speed corners and shooting across traffic. :0

#4 Debating to get a programmer. I had a Diablo custom tune on the 2500HD. The gentlemen I worked with at Diablo absolutely nailed the transmission tuning. It was fantastic. I hear the SCT tunes from Mikes Five Star are well liked and that Mike is great with customers.

Did put a Bakflip tonneau cover on it this morning, extremely similar to the one on the Silverado. Made in America. Smile

Still getting used to it

Last edited by joemac on June 8th 2013, 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

New Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Shoes   New Shoes EmptyMay 20th 2013, 11:29 am

That's a nice one, how do you like the EcoBoost so far? I had no complaints on mine at all.

Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

New Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Shoes   New Shoes EmptyMay 20th 2013, 1:21 pm

No complaints on the EB. Not quite as peppy as the diesel, will just take some getting used to. The converter is more lose than the one in my old truck. Its notable from a dead stop taking off or when backing up the hill into the garage bay. I like how it drives and responds at speed.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

New Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Shoes   New Shoes EmptyMay 20th 2013, 3:32 pm

Almost time to update New Shoes 1315787700 your sig pic... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

New Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Shoes   New Shoes EmptyMay 21st 2013, 2:02 pm

joemac wrote:
It does have leather. I actually would prefer cloth. I for whatever weird reason like GM's old rat fur cloth interior. Cloth interior these days seems more course, which I just can't get fond of.
We prefer cloth as well and the cloth in our '99 Blazer and '00 truck is great. The next few years after that is when the cloth quality went down hill. Even the '02 S10s don't have the same cloth and are less comfortable than the '99/00 models.

Also agree on the console mounted auto shifter, waste of space. Column shifter with paddles for manual shifting.

BTW, nice looking!
One would hope you'd notice a power difference from your tuned Dmax. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Shoes   New Shoes Empty

Back to top Go down

New Shoes
Page 1 of 1